WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   IntrOnaut -- Santa Fe, NM -- February 4th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22389)

hb420 02-05-2013 12:10 AM

IntrOnaut -- Santa Fe, NM -- February 4th, 2013

Sore Sight For Eyes (New Song)
Below :rocker:
The Wielding (New Song) :drool:
Past Tense
Milk Leg (New Song)
Core Relations
Steps (New Song)
Miasma
The Literal Black Cloud :drool:
Australopithecus :bricks:

I had seen IntrOnaut four times prior to this, but never headlining. So when they announced a date in Santa Fe I knew I had to make the hour trip. Even if it meant missing out on an Overkill headlining show in Albuquerque. Before the show I got to talk with Sascha and Dave. Both were really nice and humble and thanked me for coming out. They signed my stuff and we shot the shit for a while. One awesome tidbit they reveled is they're trying to get a headlining tour going for the summer, they would also play a more varied set to include stuff from Void. :party: They had four shirt designs: one with the Milk Leg single artwork, one with the Habitual Levitations artwork, one with an elephant cyclops and one with what looked like to be an octopus. All were $15, they also had a hoodie with the Milk Leg design for $30. They had Void on vinyl for $20 and all their albums on CD for $12. They played for 90 minutes and completely leveled the place. Besides the Prehistorcisms tracks at the end, the highlights were definitely the new stuff. They perfected the progressive experimentalism they had on Valley and marred it with the heavy sludge of their early work, even without Sacha's growls being present at all.

bigguytoo9 02-05-2013 05:45 AM

Amazing band, totally nice guy's too except for Danny. Cant wait for the new album to arrive.

Wrecking Crew 02-05-2013 01:35 PM

Is Intronaut a local band? Seems odd they would play Santa Fe over Albuquerque.

Coma323 02-05-2013 02:30 PM

Nah they're from LA. Kyuss also played Santa Fe though so I guess it's all on whoever books them.

Statutory-Mike 02-05-2013 07:29 PM

Very cool set, so bummed I can't see them when they're here in NY :(

hb420 02-05-2013 08:09 PM

updated with a short review. :D

anomynous 02-05-2013 08:21 PM

They didn't have the dolphin BBQ shirt? Damnit. I want an Intronaut shirt, but I have way too many black shirts. Is the album art one black? just asking, because it seems that it wouldn't match with that.

Anyway, can't wait to see them in 2.5 weeks. Hopefully they get to play Milk Leg + another.

hb420 02-06-2013 02:13 PM

It was on black, looks good though.

anomynous 02-06-2013 02:28 PM

Cool.

illninoese 02-07-2013 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=hb420;510544](New Song)
Below :rocker:
(New Song)
Past Tense
Milk Leg (New Song)
Core Relations
(New Song)
Miasma
The Literal Black Cloud :drool:
Australopithecus :bricks:
[/QUOTE]

Damn, I was hoping for Any Port to close the setlist again. Oh well. I will be going to the Pensacola and Tallahassee dates as well as their tour kickoff with Meshuggah so this setlist is awesome to see posted. Thanks OP. I'll post the sets from the other 2 shows over the weekend.