WANTED : Chicago area Vocalist for traditional metal / doom band
My new band is seeking a vocalist.
We have been together for about 3 months now.
Our core sound is traditional metal / doom.
Please understand what this means.
More importantly, understand what this is NOT:
(IE - thrash, death, black, -core, etc....)
Some influences, but not limited to, are:
Trouble, Candlemass, Manilla Road, Pagan Altar, Iron Maiden, Angel Witch, etc, etc....
I don't mean to insult anyone's metal knowledge, but you wouldn't believe what some people actually think some bands they like are. I kid you not, one potential vocalist in all seriousness asked me, "So doom metal, like Opeth and Helloween"?????
Here are the details:
1) You MUST be over 21. Sorry, but being under 21 limits show possibilities.
2) You understand that the band exists for one reason: the love for TRUE metal. There is little to no concern about fame and fortune.
3) Previous experience (live and studio) is preferred, but not an absolute requirement. We all are experienced.
4) Ability to rehearse at least 2 times a month in Plainfield, IL. I know this might be a turn off for some. We are not college aged kids who can practice three times a week. We all work full time, and some are married with kids. This is something that not only has to be accepted, but also respected. This is in no way considered a FULL TIME band.
5) Have aspirations to play live as well as record. Already have a couple high profile gigs in the works. Currently planning our first demo.
6) Looks are NOT extremely important. Image is important, but we are not looking for a vocalist based on looks. Long hair, as an example, is NOT a requirement.
7) We are looking for a vocalist who can also contribute to songwriting. We all have the ability to write lyrics and have some written. It would be great if you could contribute to this.
Please message me here if interested or if you know of someone else who might be.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:42 PM.|
Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008