WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Movies (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   2013 Movies (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22289)

dcmetal108 01-21-2013 02:59 PM

2013 Movies

Thought I'd start this thread.

Just saw Stand Up Guys today and it is great. Pacino and Walken are perfect together.

I'll end up giving it a good 8/10.

ShatteredFlame 01-21-2013 04:34 PM

So far I've seen Texas Chainsaw 3D (sucked), A Haunted House (meh), and Mama (surprisingly not bad at all).

I'm most looking forward to Evil Dead. Has anyone else seen the red band trailer? :drool:

Also S-VHS (sequel to V/H/S) has directors from Hobo With a Shotgun and The Raid: Redemption so I'm pretty pumped for it even if I thought the first was disappointing.

BloodoftheKings 01-21-2013 04:55 PM

[QUOTE=ShatteredFlame;508250]
I'm most looking forward to Evil Dead. Has anyone else seen the red band trailer? :drool:
[/QUOTE]

That new Evil Dead trailer is sick but i'm remaining doubtful, I don't want to get hyped up only to be disappointed.

I haven't been to the movies yet this month but I want to see The Last Stand.

mastodon421 01-21-2013 05:37 PM

I saw The Last Stand on Friday. It was a fucking great B-action movie (one of the better ones to come in the past few years tbh.) Definitely a fitting comeback for Schwarzenegger.

I also saw Gangster Squad which was also a really good and entertaining action movie with an excellent cast.

powerslave_85 01-21-2013 05:37 PM

I'm looking forward to:

Iron Man 3
Thor 2
Pacific Rim
Kick Ass 2
Place Beyond the Pines
Star Treck: Into Darkness
The World's End
World War Z
Ender's Game
Sin City 2
Warm Bodies
Monsters University
Machete Kills
The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
Anchorman 2
Jack Ryan

dcmetal108 01-21-2013 06:02 PM

Texas Chainsaw was decent. I think I liked it more since I am a die hard fan of the series. 3D sucked though.

Evil Dead I think will be great because they aren't holding back on anything for the movie.

I still really want to see Gangster Squad.

dcmetal108 02-01-2013 08:48 AM

Just saw Gangster Squad. It was fucking fantastic.

Anyone else see it?

hinder5050 02-01-2013 08:57 AM

[QUOTE=dcmetal108;510034]Just saw Gangster Squad. It was fucking fantastic.

Anyone else see it?[/QUOTE]

i saw it though it was pretty good gave it a 8 out of 10 my only complaint is i wanted a bit more of ema stone

Epidemic Reign 02-01-2013 04:09 PM

Based on everything Evil Dead has going for it, it has no right to be anything less than amazing.

adamclark52 02-18-2013 10:00 PM

I'm a bit late but I saw Django Unchained tonight. I didn't really like it. The violence was gratuitus (sp) but got a little too over the top. And it seemed to me a few times like it didn't know what genre it wanted to be. It went from serious, to a comedy then back. I know with Tarentino that's part of his style. And I didn't like the integration of hip-hop in the soundtrack. It pretty much lost me in the dinner scene, where they were buying Broomheilda. I was ready for it to be over then.

I always feel like Tarentino is a closet racist with his liberal usage of the "N-word". Yeah, yeah, I know this movie was all about slavery. But I remember it being used a lot in the Bonnie Situation segment of Pulp Fiction and I thought the guy seemed to be enjoying using his artistic freedom a [I]little[/I] too much.

Jamie Foxx was really good though. I can't believe that's the same guy who played Wanda on In Living Colour. He's done well.