Blue Oyster Cult -- Mohegan Sun, CT -- January 19th, 2013
A good show from BOC tonight... And for free to boot!
"Cities" was a nice surprise - they haven't been playing this much this tour!
1. R U Ready 2 Rock
2. Golden Age Of Leather
3. Burnin' For You
4. Shooting Shark
6. Buck's Boogie
7. Black Blade
8. Then Came The Last Days Of May
9. Godzilla (with Bass solo & Drum Solo)
10. Buck Dharma solo
11. (Don't Fear) The Reaper
12. Cities On Flame With Rock And Roll :rocker:
I wanted to go, but couldn't spare the gas money.
A friend of mine was there and she said they did a cover of I Love Rock & Roll....I guess she's mistaken?
[QUOTE=PVH5150;508011]I wanted to go, but couldn't spare the gas money.
A friend of mine was there and she said they did a cover of I Love Rock & Roll....I guess she's mistaken?[/QUOTE]
Not completely - they did a snippet of it.
When they introduced Kasim Sulton, they played a little bit from each of his previous bands - Joan Jett, Utopia, and Meat Loaf.
Well, another BOC setlist means I am compelled to weigh in with my praises and grievances!
1. Having Buck's Boogie plus an additional Buck solo is stupid and lazy as fuck.
2. Yay for Golden Age of Leather, Black Blade, R U Ready 2 Rock and ME262.
3. Cities on Flame should go away and never come back. Their "rock and roll!" chant was shitty the first time and was just as shitty the other four times I've seen them.
4. Not opening the show or the encore with The Red and the Black is horseshit. Still one of the most badass show openers I've ever seen (five times bitches).
5. Last Days of May is good to see, the version they play live nowadays with an extended solo from Richie Castellano is amazing.
6. The drum and bass solos have always been terrible and will forever be terrible. No Eric Bloom, Kasim Sulton and/or Rudy Sarzo does not play "the monster bass." They are competent, [I]nothing more![/I]
This being said, I will probably still see them again when I get the chance. For the most part, BOC still kick a ton of ass live.
The Buck solo is more of an extended intro to Reaper & i'm rather fond of BB. You are right about the other solos though. I really don't wanna sit through a 15 minute godzilla for the 13th time (bitches!) if they ever visit the UK again.
TRATB should be played at every gig, I don't care where it sits in the set. I've only ever seen it once!
Sorry, my bad. I do like Buck's Boogie, I meant that having a Buck solo on top of already doing BB was stupid.
And that's correct - Buck's solo that I listed WAS a long intro to "Reaper", but long enough to warrant it's own list item.
Oh and it was the SADDEST merch table I have ever seen - EVER.
The selection consisted of ONE shirt, conveniently available in ONE size!
The funny part was that they had it hung dead center on the wire rack behind the table, looking all lonely. I thought they should have at least hung some plain black T's or something to keep the poor thing company!
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:13 PM.|
Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008