WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gojira -- Minneapolis, MN -- January 14th, 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22246)

Cross Face Chicken Wing 01-15-2013 06:00 AM

Gojira -- Minneapolis, MN -- January 14th, 2013

I didn't keep track of setlists, but I'm sure someone else did. Tack them onto the thread if you have them. Gojira's set was no different than their most recent shows.

[B]The Atlas Moth[/B]
Meh. Not my style. Someone needed to give these guys a hug and let them know they're on tour with Devin Townsend and Gojira. Cheer up, guys.

[B]Devin Townsend[/B]
Awesome. I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a veteran act like Devin get such an amazing reaction for new material. Most fans of veteran metal acts tolerate the new stuff and go nuts for the classics. Not with Devin. He had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand for his new material. Of course, they loved the old songs too, but he's really got something going with his new material.

[B]Gojira[/B]
These guys don't piss around. What an intense show. I like how they structure their set. A lot of the hard-hitting, moshing types of songs are in the first part of the set, and some of their more trippy stuff is toward the end. It creates a great vibe. Of course, Gojira's trippy stuff is still heavy as hell so people keep moshing, but you get my point. They fucked up Art of Dying about two minutes into it, so they restarted and we got to hear the intro twice. That's not a bad thing. Highlight of the set was probably Wisdom Comes.

Overall, an awesome show and a great way for an aging 31-year-old metalhead to spend a Monday night.

HugeRockStar 01-15-2013 06:56 AM

Aging 30 year old metalhead here, thanks for the review! Looking forward to catching this show next month.

I saw the Devin setlist on setlist.fm . Too damn short! This guy needs to do a proper headline tour in support of Epicloud.

Liberation
Kingdom
Planet of the Apes
Truth
War (apparently cut cuz he didn't have time)
Lucky Animals
Juular
Grace

Gojira setlist from setlist.fm

Explosia
Flying Whales
Backbone
The Heaviest Matter of the Universe
L'enfant Sauvage
The Art of Dying
Toxic Garbage Island
Wisdom Comes
Oroborus
Drum Solo
The Axe
Vacuity

I'm very pleased with that set.

[QUOTE[B]The Atlas Moth[/B]
Meh. Not my style. Someone needed to give these guys a hug and let them know they're on tour with Devin Townsend and Gojira. Cheer up, guys.
[/QUOTE]

LOL'd at this comment. I dig their stuff actually but I know exactly what you mean. Too much doom and gloom in metal these days!

rjturtle9 01-15-2013 07:57 AM

Nothing off Addicted from DTP. :(

moobys37 01-15-2013 08:09 AM

[QUOTE=Cross Face Chicken Wing;507314][B]The Atlas Moth[/B]
Meh. Not my style. Someone needed to give these guys a hug and let them know they're on tour with Devin Townsend and Gojira. Cheer up, guys.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/75/52/46145275/photos/Funnys---/gtfo4.jpg[/IMG]

makethemsuffer12 01-15-2013 08:12 AM

Eh, that's less of a set than I saw last time (for Devin, that is). I can't believe I'm saying this, but I might skip out on this show now.

CreptorStatus 01-15-2013 08:20 AM

Really wish Gojira would whip out more deep cuts. They were playing Space Time not too long ago during the East Coast shows, I would kill to see that live.

No Love or Clone is slightly disappointing.

HugeRockStar 01-15-2013 08:32 AM

I wish Devin would take out Planet of the Apes for 2 shorter songs.

electrocute1031 01-15-2013 11:48 AM

Short Devin set but whatever, I'm excited to see all three bands equally on this tour (Haven't seen Gojira since 09', and haven't seen Atlas Moth yet).

TheNobleFaceHumper 01-15-2013 11:49 AM

[QUOTE=HugeRockStar;507325]

Liberation
Kingdom
Planet of the Apes
Truth
War
Lucky Animals
Juular
Grace

YES, Kingdom!!! :party:

MPF 01-15-2013 11:55 AM

I was there too of course. I recorded all three sets.

The Atlas Moth, I thought they kicked fucking ass, and a great match to open for Gojira.

Devin of course is Devin, I have some great stuff that I lined up last night that will happen at the end of the year involving myself and the DTP, I will mention it once it becomes official probably in 7-9 months. I love hanging out with them. And yes War was cut because everything was running late last night. First shows almost have something happen, I'm glad it was only this.

Gojira were crushing live, played every song I wanted to hear except Liquid Fire. I can't complain.