WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   A Perfect Circle -- Las Vegas, NV -- December 29th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22158)

Coma323 12-31-2012 06:04 AM

A Perfect Circle -- Las Vegas, NV -- December 29th, 2012

Going into the show I was hoping for a different setlist than the previous tour but I guess they're sticking with this for the upcoming Australia/South America shows. I saw the last show they played and the only difference was Blue in place of Fiddle and the Drum. Despite the almost exact set I had a wonderful time here. Since it was a one-off show Maynard's voice sounded excellent and the rest of the members sounded great for not having a show in about 16 months. My only complaint being that I have still yet to hear Judith. Highlights for me were The Noose, The Package, Passive, and Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums. Those songs sound massive live. By and Down is great live but I wish they'd just release a studio version of it already, or at the best put out a official live version.

Also, the way Planet Hollywood deals with shows is fuckin' horrible. With doors at 8 we lined up and it took us 45 minutes to get inside the venue. Odds are I'll never see another show there again so I won't have to deal with it but that's besides the point.

Annihilation
Imagine
Weak and Powerless
The Hollow
Rose
Blue
What's Going On
People Are People
The Outsider
Peace, Love and Understanding?
When the Levee Breaks
The Noose
3 Libras (All Main Courses Mix)
The Package
Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie
Passive
Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums
By and Down

adamclark52 12-31-2012 06:10 AM

[QUOTE=Coma323;504728]The Package[/QUOTE]

:party:

mankvill 12-31-2012 08:24 AM

How bout dat opening act

300%_Density 12-31-2012 10:11 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;504741]How bout dat opening act[/QUOTE]

Which is/was?

velvetgrass 12-31-2012 10:12 AM

Looks like you guys in Las Vegas unfortunately got one less song than the 2011 Summer tour. On most of their headlining dates of said tour, they played Fiddle And The Drum (Joni Mitchell cover off Emotive) in between Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums and By And Down.

I have yet to see A Perfect Circle live, but they're definitely in my top 10 list of bands that I want to.

I know a lot of people had a problem with the APC setlists since 2011, since it contains a lot of Emotive covers. But, that doesn't bother me. What they do need to do though is put Judith back in the set. That exclusion bothers me.

velvetgrass 12-31-2012 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=Coma323;504728]Going into the show I was hoping for a different setlist than the previous tour but I guess they're sticking with this for the upcoming Australia/South America shows. I saw the last show they played and the only difference was Blue in place of Fiddle and the Drum. Despite the almost exact set I had a wonderful time here. Since it was a one-off show Maynard's voice sounded excellent and the rest of the members sounded great for not having a show in about 16 months. My only complaint being that I have still yet to hear Judith. Highlights for me were The Noose, The Package, Passive, and Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums. Those songs sound massive live. By and Down is great live but I wish they'd just release a studio version of it already, or at the best put out a official live version.

Also, the way Planet Hollywood deals with shows is fuckin' horrible. With doors at 8 we lined up and it took us 45 minutes to get inside the venue. Odds are I'll never see another show there again so I won't have to deal with it but that's besides the point.

Annihilation
Imagine
Weak and Powerless
The Hollow
Rose
Blue
What's Going On
People Are People
The Outsider
Peace, Love and Understanding?
When the Levee Breaks
The Noose
3 Libras (All Main Courses Mix)
The Package
Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie
Passive
Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums
By and Down[/QUOTE]

You were at the show, did APC take an encore break before By And Down? There is an encore break in that spot listed on setlist.fm. APC usually doesn't usually leave the stage and come back, instead Maynard just announces that's what they would do if they were a "big rock" band. Just asking to confirm whether they did or not because it's unlikely imo.

John The Drummer 12-31-2012 12:06 PM

[QUOTE=velvetgrass;504774]You were at the show, did APC take an encore break before By And Down? There is an encore break in that spot listed on setlist.fm. APC usually doesn't usually leave the stage and come back, instead Maynard just announces that's what they would do if they were a "big rock" band. Just asking to confirm whether they did or not because it's unlikely imo.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I think Nevermore did that when I saw them... or maybe Devin Townsend... maybe it was both....

mankvill 12-31-2012 12:39 PM

[QUOTE=300%_Density;504753]Which is/was?[/QUOTE]

Neil Hamburger

christopher 12-31-2012 01:01 PM

[QUOTE=John The Drummer;504775]:lol: I think Nevermore did that when I saw them... or maybe Devin Townsend... maybe it was both....[/QUOTE]

I remember reading a review once where Down played a bar show in TX, and when they went to do the encore, Phil just told the light guy to turn the lights off and that the crowd should just pretend the band walked backstage for a minute. :lol:

dcmetal108 12-31-2012 01:29 PM

The first time I saw KISS they took like a 2 minute break then said they weren't gonna be like other bands and just play a 2 song encore, they ended up playing like 50 minutes.

InFlamesOfBirchmen 12-31-2012 01:39 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;504779]Neil Hamburger[/QUOTE]

Just another example of why Maynard is awesome. I can only imagine most of the audience's reaction.

christopher 12-31-2012 02:05 PM

I just realized I got that same exact set plus Orestes when I saw them in July 2011. I think its sad they didn't change the set up.

adamclark52 12-31-2012 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=christopher;504784]I remember reading a review once where Down played a bar show in TX, and when they went to do the encore, Phil just told the light guy to turn the lights off and that the crowd should just pretend the band walked backstage for a minute. :lol:[/QUOTE]

When I saw In Flames in the late 1990's they said "this is the part where we go backstage, you all yell, we come back. But the room back there is really small so we're just going to skip that" and went into their encore.

It's becoming more common for bands not to bother walking backstage.

Has anyone ever been to a show where the band went backstage and they didn't come back for some reason?

velvetgrass 12-31-2012 07:41 PM

[QUOTE=adamclark52;504852]Has anyone ever been to a show where the band went backstage and they didn't come back for some reason?[/QUOTE]

They've been doing this for years but I'll say System Of A Down. At the particular show I was at, drummer John Dolmayan said "Chicago, we'll be back" at the very end after last song Sugar as it was the last show of the reunion tour. But they never mention doing an encore or not at any of their shows in the last decade afaik, Still I gotta say System Of A Down was the best concert I've ever been to.

Coma323 12-31-2012 07:49 PM

Yeah Maynard did the whole "we don't do encores thing". The lights went down and he told the crowd that they weren't on stage right now.

Neil Hamburger opened but I missed him. I saw him with Faith No More once and hated him so I'm not too upset about missing him.

mankvill 12-31-2012 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=Coma323;504872]Yeah Maynard did the whole "we don't do encores thing". The lights went down and he told the crowd that they weren't on stage right now.

Neil Hamburger opened but I missed him. I saw him with Faith No More once and hated him so I'm not too upset about missing him.[/QUOTE]

WHAT DID THE MANAGER FOR THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS DO WHEN HE HEARD ABOUT THE BAND'S NEW TRACKS?

HE BOUGHT THEM ALL LONG-SLEEVED SHIRTS!

BUT THAAAAAAAAAAAAAT'S MY LIFE

RampinUp46 12-31-2012 08:42 PM

[QUOTE=adamclark52;504852]When I saw In Flames in the late 1990's they said "this is the part where we go backstage, you all yell, we come back. But the room back there is really small so we're just going to skip that" and went into their encore.

It's becoming more common for bands not to bother walking backstage.

Has anyone ever been to a show where the band went backstage and they didn't come back for some reason?[/QUOTE]

I saw a band at SXSW (I forgot their name, but they reminded me of a really bad Goatwhore/Watain ripoff) that played like three songs, went offstage, and just didn't come back on - I think they were around the bar when the other bands were on, actually. :lol:

Eventually, their amps were turned off and everyone just sort of forgot about them. They had a thirty minute set and played for about seven, so it's not like those three songs were their complete set for the evening.

Chris_M_S 01-01-2013 01:57 PM

I love Neil Hamburger, I just saw him again in St. Louis and he killed it.

Setlists like this made me glad I caught APC back when they were playing mostly Mer De Noms material, I haven't really liked anything they've put out since then and seeing a set like this would bum me out pretty hard. I was really pissed that I missed the tour with Nine Inch Nails, but then I caught them in a small theater in Dallas in 2003 on the second or third show to ever play any Thirteenth Step songs, and fortunately it was the good songs from the record and most of Mer de Noms, so I was happy with that. Also, Danny Carey's old band Zaum opened, which was a trip.

Coma323 01-01-2013 04:44 PM

[QUOTE=velvetgrass;504754]But, that doesn't bother me. What they do need to do though is put Judith back in the set. That exclusion bothers me.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I'm guessing it wasn't on their summer tour last year because it possibly strains his voice but for a one off show I thought for sure I'd hear it. When most bands don't play their main song I don't mind but this one I want to hear live so bad.

Chris_M_S 01-02-2013 09:53 AM

Is it really their main song at this point? I'd hazard that maybe 3 Libras has overtaken it

christopher 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=Chris_M_S;505090]Is it really their main song at this point? I'd hazard that maybe 3 Libras has overtaken it[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on that, but then again fuck that remix of 3 Libras they play live.

Chris_M_S 01-02-2013 10:52 AM

Ugh. I think the only alternate versions of any of their songs that I like is the Billy Howerdel demo for Orestes, but I'm probably biased because I think that's their best song

christopher 01-02-2013 11:12 AM

[QUOTE=Chris_M_S;505100]Ugh. I think the only alternate versions of any of their songs that I like is the Billy Howerdel demo for Orestes, but I'm probably biased because I think that's their best song[/QUOTE]

Well I don't really see that as too much of an alternate version since it was a demo, probably before Maynard joined. I just hate the music for aMotion.

Skinny Juice 02-23-2013 09:37 PM

Amazing show. Pretty similar to the set we had at Red Rocks in 2011, just without a few tunes. Waiting in line in the middle of an open mall was one of the strangest concert experiences I have been a part of. The venue itself was very nice, and The Muppets xmas music before the show was a nice treat. The band sounded sharp, the show was pretty solid. Not to mention this all happened in Las fucking Vegas.

"James Iha walks in to a bar with a parrot on his shoulder. Bartender asks, "Where'd you get that?". Parrot says "I got him in Chicago, there's only one of him."