WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   A Perfect Circle -- Las Vegas, NV -- December 29th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22158)

Coma323 12-31-2012 06:04 AM

A Perfect Circle -- Las Vegas, NV -- December 29th, 2012

Going into the show I was hoping for a different setlist than the previous tour but I guess they're sticking with this for the upcoming Australia/South America shows. I saw the last show they played and the only difference was Blue in place of Fiddle and the Drum. Despite the almost exact set I had a wonderful time here. Since it was a one-off show Maynard's voice sounded excellent and the rest of the members sounded great for not having a show in about 16 months. My only complaint being that I have still yet to hear Judith. Highlights for me were The Noose, The Package, Passive, and Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums. Those songs sound massive live. By and Down is great live but I wish they'd just release a studio version of it already, or at the best put out a official live version.

Also, the way Planet Hollywood deals with shows is fuckin' horrible. With doors at 8 we lined up and it took us 45 minutes to get inside the venue. Odds are I'll never see another show there again so I won't have to deal with it but that's besides the point.

Annihilation
Imagine
Weak and Powerless
The Hollow
Rose
Blue
What's Going On
People Are People
The Outsider
Peace, Love and Understanding?
When the Levee Breaks
The Noose
3 Libras (All Main Courses Mix)
The Package
Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie
Passive
Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums
By and Down

adamclark52 12-31-2012 06:10 AM

[QUOTE=Coma323;504728]The Package[/QUOTE]

:party:

mankvill 12-31-2012 08:24 AM

How bout dat opening act

300%_Density 12-31-2012 10:11 AM

[QUOTE=mankvill;504741]How bout dat opening act[/QUOTE]

Which is/was?

velvetgrass 12-31-2012 10:12 AM

Looks like you guys in Las Vegas unfortunately got one less song than the 2011 Summer tour. On most of their headlining dates of said tour, they played Fiddle And The Drum (Joni Mitchell cover off Emotive) in between Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums and By And Down.

I have yet to see A Perfect Circle live, but they're definitely in my top 10 list of bands that I want to.

I know a lot of people had a problem with the APC setlists since 2011, since it contains a lot of Emotive covers. But, that doesn't bother me. What they do need to do though is put Judith back in the set. That exclusion bothers me.

velvetgrass 12-31-2012 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=Coma323;504728]Going into the show I was hoping for a different setlist than the previous tour but I guess they're sticking with this for the upcoming Australia/South America shows. I saw the last show they played and the only difference was Blue in place of Fiddle and the Drum. Despite the almost exact set I had a wonderful time here. Since it was a one-off show Maynard's voice sounded excellent and the rest of the members sounded great for not having a show in about 16 months. My only complaint being that I have still yet to hear Judith. Highlights for me were The Noose, The Package, Passive, and Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums. Those songs sound massive live. By and Down is great live but I wish they'd just release a studio version of it already, or at the best put out a official live version.

Also, the way Planet Hollywood deals with shows is fuckin' horrible. With doors at 8 we lined up and it took us 45 minutes to get inside the venue. Odds are I'll never see another show there again so I won't have to deal with it but that's besides the point.

Annihilation
Imagine
Weak and Powerless
The Hollow
Rose
Blue
What's Going On
People Are People
The Outsider
Peace, Love and Understanding?
When the Levee Breaks
The Noose
3 Libras (All Main Courses Mix)
The Package
Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie
Passive
Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums
By and Down[/QUOTE]

You were at the show, did APC take an encore break before By And Down? There is an encore break in that spot listed on setlist.fm. APC usually doesn't usually leave the stage and come back, instead Maynard just announces that's what they would do if they were a "big rock" band. Just asking to confirm whether they did or not because it's unlikely imo.

John The Drummer 12-31-2012 12:06 PM

[QUOTE=velvetgrass;504774]You were at the show, did APC take an encore break before By And Down? There is an encore break in that spot listed on setlist.fm. APC usually doesn't usually leave the stage and come back, instead Maynard just announces that's what they would do if they were a "big rock" band. Just asking to confirm whether they did or not because it's unlikely imo.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I think Nevermore did that when I saw them... or maybe Devin Townsend... maybe it was both....

mankvill 12-31-2012 12:39 PM

[QUOTE=300%_Density;504753]Which is/was?[/QUOTE]

Neil Hamburger

christopher 12-31-2012 01:01 PM

[QUOTE=John The Drummer;504775]:lol: I think Nevermore did that when I saw them... or maybe Devin Townsend... maybe it was both....[/QUOTE]

I remember reading a review once where Down played a bar show in TX, and when they went to do the encore, Phil just told the light guy to turn the lights off and that the crowd should just pretend the band walked backstage for a minute. :lol:

dcmetal108 12-31-2012 01:29 PM

The first time I saw KISS they took like a 2 minute break then said they weren't gonna be like other bands and just play a 2 song encore, they ended up playing like 50 minutes.