WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Album Reviews (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Best Comeback Albums (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22142)

TheWildAndTheYoung 12-27-2012 02:07 PM

Best Comeback Albums

What do you think are the best comeback records? It can be either after a breakup or after a low point in the bands career.
In no particular order:
A Different Kind Of Truth-Van Halen
Infestation-Ratt
Somewhere In California-Night Ranger
Permanent Vacation-Aerosmith
Creatures Of The Night-Kiss
Start From The Dark-Europe
Euphoria-Def Leppard (some will argue that Slang was a great record,but to me it wasn't. That one album plummeted the band,but luckily they rose up with this)
Hey Stoopid-Alice Cooper (I think this and Trash where his comeback albums,and this is my favorite Alice Cooper album)

JRA 12-27-2012 02:18 PM

[QUOTE=TheWildAndTheYoung;504289]
A Different Kind Of Truth-Van Halen
[/QUOTE]

I'd put this one way at the top of the heap with Brave New World being a distant second.

jhdeity 12-27-2012 02:26 PM

Deftones - Diamond Eyes and Machine Head - Through the Ashes of Empires then The Blackening would top my list. Overkill - Ironbound would be 3rd.

Onioner 12-27-2012 03:02 PM

Painkiller anybody? A Different Kind of Truth is definitely way high up there though.

Off the top of my head here's some others I can think of.
Brave New World - Iron Maiden
Perfect Strangers/Purpendicular - Deep Purple (both were good comeback albums really)
Ironbound- Overkill
Violent Revolution - Kreator
Blood of the Nations - Accept
Worship Music - Anthrax
Killing Peace - Onslaught
Last Rites - Pentagram
Solid Ball of Rock - Saxon

[QUOTE=TheWildAndTheYoung;504289]
Hey Stoopid-Alice Cooper (I think this and Trash where his comeback albums,and this is my favorite Alice Cooper album)[/QUOTE]

You know, it's funny that you mentioned this one and Trash. Hey Stoopid is one of my favorite AC albums too, I think it's insanely underrated. Trash was definitely the commercial comeback, but a lot of Alice's hardcore fans would argue that The Last Temptation was his creative comeback. As far as I'm concerned, nearly all of Alice's studio albums are worth a listen though.

Coma323 12-27-2012 03:27 PM

AiC - Black Gives Way to Blue

John The Drummer 12-27-2012 04:24 PM

CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!!!

GarageMetal468 12-27-2012 04:29 PM

IRONBOUND

JRA 12-27-2012 04:37 PM

[QUOTE=Onioner;504297]Painkiller anybody?[/QUOTE]

Fuck! :lol: How did I forget about that?

Spiner202 12-27-2012 04:43 PM

[QUOTE=Onioner;504297]
You know, it's funny that you mentioned this one and Trash. Hey Stoopid is one of my favorite AC albums too, I think it's insanely underrated. Trash was definitely the commercial comeback, but a lot of Alice's hardcore fans would argue that The Last Temptation was his creative comeback. As far as I'm concerned, nearly all of Alice's studio albums are worth a listen though.[/QUOTE]

I know a lot of fans love The Last Temptation, but I think it's one of his weaker albums. The period from Constrictor-Hey Stoopid was all fantastic, but I think it's just the metal fan in me that likes that. A ton of Alice fans aren't metal fans, so I understand why they like TLT.

Also, Brave New World wins this no contest for me.

TheWildAndTheYoung 12-27-2012 04:51 PM

[QUOTE=Onioner;504297]Painkiller anybody? A Different Kind of Truth is definitely way high up there though.

Off the top of my head here's some others I can think of.
Brave New World - Iron Maiden
Perfect Strangers/Purpendicular - Deep Purple (both were good comeback albums really)
Ironbound- Overkill
Violent Revolution - Kreator
Blood of the Nations - Accept
Worship Music - Anthrax
Killing Peace - Onslaught
Last Rites - Pentagram
Solid Ball of Rock - Saxon

[B]You know, it's funny that you mentioned this one and Trash. Hey Stoopid is one of my favorite AC albums too, I think it's insanely underrated. Trash was definitely the commercial comeback, but a lot of Alice's hardcore fans would argue that The Last Temptation was his creative comeback. As far as I'm concerned, nearly all of Alice's studio albums are worth a listen though[/B].[/QUOTE]
Finally someone who agree's with me!