WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Every Time I Die -- Lansing, MI -- December 18th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=22103)

Ommie 12-19-2012 03:37 PM

Every Time I Die -- Lansing, MI -- December 18th, 2012

This is basically me gushing about how awesome this show was.

I got to The Loft around 8, and the first of the touring bands, [B]Kills and Thrills[/B], had literally just started their set. They actually surprised me quite a bit, very good band. Kind of like Every Time I Die but without the southern rock influences. Their front man was energetic as hell. He was out in the crowd moshing as well as grabbing random people (including me) and singing in their faces for the entirety of a song. They also played a cover of [I]Ace of Spades[/I] which really got the crowd rowdy. Check them out!

(sorry, no setlist)

After that, [B]The Chariot[/B] went on. Now, I wasn't really expecting much seeing how they were an opening band, but holy shit. People were going absolutely apeshit for them. Plenty of sing-alongs and crowd surfing to go around. Never have I ever seen such a huge reaction for an opening band. This band definitely shines live.

(not familiar with their material, but I know they opened with [I]Evan Perks[/I] and closed with [I]Before There Was Atlanta, There Was Douglasville[/I])

Before [B]Every Time I Die[/B] went on, some people and I were discussing how the hell they were going to top the previous band. Honestly, I was doubtful that they could. Nope. They actually got a crazier response. During the first few songs I was up front, and the pushing and pulling was so strong that I was literally on my back on the stage and I couldn't get up. I left the front after [I]Underwater Bimbos from Outer Space[/I] and spent the rest of the time screaming my head off in the pit. Good times. The band was definitely shocked at the crowd, and Keith even said we were the best crowd of the tour. As you may know, bands almost always say this but if you were there you could tell he was being sincere. And I'm pretty sure half the crowd was drunk while they were playing, too. They pumped through a bunch of songs, and during [I]Indian Giver[/I], there must have been at least thirty or so people on stage. Definitely a concert for the books. Oh, and Jeff Tuttle (formerly of The Dillinger Escape Plan) was there, which is pretty cool.

Setlist (out order in the middle):
Bored Stiff
I Suck [Blood]
Apocalypse Now and Then
Underwater Bimbos from Outer Space
Holy Book of Dilemma
The Marvelous Slut
I Been Gone a Long Time
Typical Miracle
No Son of Mine
[Pantera breakdown medley]
Partying is Such Sweet Sorrow
After One Quarter of a Revolution
The New Black
A Wild, Shameless Pain
Floater
Ebolarama
We'rewolf
Indian Giver

Show of the year, easily.

dcmetal108 12-19-2012 03:49 PM

Holy fucking shit that setlist is awesome.

And I'm so pissed this tour didn't come close to me really. Closest show was like a 45 minute drive at some bar.

Hopefully for the show they have here in Feb. the venue allows people to stagedive or else it'll be lame.

Coma323 12-19-2012 03:54 PM

[QUOTE=dcmetal108;503230]Closest show was like a 45 minute drive at some bar.[/QUOTE]

lol, most of the shows I go to are a lot farther away...

Ommie 12-19-2012 03:55 PM

Yeah, I drove 90 minutes for this show (each way) but it was soooooo worth it.

dcmetal108 12-19-2012 04:23 PM

[QUOTE=Coma323;503231]lol, most of the shows I go to are a lot farther away...[/QUOTE]

I usually travel 45+ minutes each way to a show but that's by train.

This ETID show was a in a small town far away.

kevindeets 12-19-2012 04:25 PM

I was thinking about going to this show, but then I decided not to. It was on a Tues night 90 miles from my house. Also, I cannot stand The Chariot. They're one of the worst "bands" ever. Their "music" is awful. I'll definitely be going to see ETID in Detroit on March 3rd. Glad you had a great time.

XDoomsayerX 12-19-2012 04:26 PM

[QUOTE=dcmetal108;503230]Holy fucking shit that setlist is awesome.

And I'm so pissed this tour didn't come close to me really. Closest show was like a 45 minute drive at some bar.

Hopefully for the show they have here in Feb. the venue allows people to stagedive or else it'll be lame.[/QUOTE]

What? That aint bad, ya fucked up.

Show sounds like the tits, pretty sure letlive. was on this too. Hot damn I wouldve been dead after The Chariot!

Ommie 12-19-2012 05:14 PM

[QUOTE=XDoomsayerX;503239]What? That aint bad, ya fucked up.

Show sounds like the tits, pretty sure letlive. was on this too. Hot damn I wouldve been dead after The Chariot![/QUOTE]
letlive. actually dropped off the tour a couple weeks ago, which sucks, but it was a good time regardless.

[QUOTE=kevindeets]I was thinking about going to this show, but then I decided not to. It was on a Tues night 90 miles from my house. Also, I cannot stand The Chariot. They're one of the worst "bands" ever. Their "music" is awful. I'll definitely be going to see ETID in Detroit on March 3rd. Glad you had a great time.[/QUOTE]
I'm actually considering going to that, but The Acacia Strain is main support and I can't stand them for the life of me. If I do go I'll just enjoy some pizza while they're playing.

bobbie solo 12-19-2012 08:27 PM

bummer that they dont play anything from their best album, Last Night in Town.

brutal_descent 12-19-2012 08:37 PM

[QUOTE=bobbie solo;503263]bummer that they dont play anything from their best album, Last Night in Town.[/QUOTE]

Hardly their best album. Ex Lives and New Junk Aesthetic are both 10/10 albums.

swboyd 12-19-2012 08:43 PM

[QUOTE=brutal_descent;503266]Hardly their best album. Ex Lives and New Junk Aesthetic are both 10/10 albums.[/QUOTE]

That's a valid, but arguable point. I personally think Gutter Phenomenon is probably the closest they have to a 10/10 album, but that's just my opinion. Every album they've put out is at least a 7/10.

They've also been rotating sets throughout most of this tour. I got Emergency Broadcast Syndrome when they played in Bloomington.

Ommie 12-19-2012 08:51 PM

[QUOTE=bobbie solo;503263]bummer that they dont play anything from their best album, Last Night in Town.[/QUOTE]

They rotate their setlists quite a lot (almost every night I think), and some dates got Emergency Broadcast Syndrome and/or Logic of Crocodiles.

Personally, Hot Damn! is their best album. I flipped a shit when they played I Been Gone A Long Time. :rocker: In the end though, I love all their albums (some more than others).

VoidFlame 12-20-2012 04:48 AM

Everyone says great things about their live performances. I'm gonna hit their Montreal show in March for sure.

XDoomsayerX 12-20-2012 02:31 PM

Who complains about an ETID setlist, the band is the tits who always deelivers. that being said if you claim to be a ETID fan and dislike Ex Lives then wtf! Dat opening song=perfetct opener. DAT BREAKDOWN! :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

bobbie solo 12-20-2012 10:45 PM

Ex Lives is their best album since Last Night. I love it. I grew tired of the cock rock stuff that started with Hot Damn.