WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Misinformation and Propaganda (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Stone Sour US tour (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21981)

WOLVERINEKILLS 12-04-2012 08:39 AM

Stone Sour US tour

Stone Sour will be touring the US next year with Papa Roach & Otherwise.

ravenheart 12-04-2012 08:59 AM

Papa Roach are the reason I didn't see Stone Sour in London a few weeks ago. It was a co-headline :(

Sanitarium78 12-04-2012 09:03 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing Stone Sour again, especially since their new album is so damn good.

AnthG 12-04-2012 09:08 AM

I'd like to see Stone Sour again, but they've been touring with some shitty bands lately. That Avalanche tour they did was such a terrible support bill.

Sanitarium78 12-04-2012 09:15 AM

[QUOTE=AnthG;500105]I'd like to see Stone Sour again, but they've been touring with some shitty bands lately. That Avalanche tour they did was such a terrible support bill.[/QUOTE]

I don't get why people complain about things like this? Just show up late, i've done it a number of times when I didn't care or want to see the support bands. Going to a concert isn't like showing up for work, it's not a big deal to be late for a show. If you don't like the support bands, nothing says you have to see them.

WOLVERINEKILLS 12-04-2012 09:23 AM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;500109]I don't get why people complain about things like this? Just show up late, i've done it a number of times when I didn't care or want to see the support bands. Going to a concert isn't like showing up for work, it's not a big deal to be late for a show. If you don't like the support bands, nothing says you have to see them.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!!!

ravenheart 12-04-2012 10:06 AM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;500109]I don't get why people complain about things like this? Just show up late, i've done it a number of times when I didn't care or want to see the support bands. Going to a concert isn't like showing up for work, it's not a big deal to be late for a show. If you don't like the support bands, nothing says you have to see them.[/QUOTE]

Depends 100000% on the venue (i.e. how early you have to be there to get a good spot), and whether it's a co-headline or not, because that means shorter sets.

velvetgrass 12-04-2012 10:13 AM

[QUOTE=WOLVERINEKILLS;500096]Stone Sour will be touring the US next year with Papa Roach & Otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, where did you hear this? This tour would be killer! If this tour is confirmed, I hope it comes to Chicago, Madison, or most ideally Milwaukee. Stone Sour are in my Top 10 bands or so that I want to see live. I also love Papa Roach and wouldn't mind seeing them live for the second time, the first time for me was in June 2010.

velvetgrass 12-04-2012 10:16 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;500125]Depends 100000% on the venue (i.e. how early you have to be there to get a good spot), [B]and whether it's a co-headline or not, because that means shorter sets.[/B][/QUOTE]

On the current European leg of the tour, I've heard online that Papa Roach gets about 50 minutes and Stone Sour about 80 minutes.

300%_Density 12-04-2012 11:17 AM

My reasoning for why I will bitch when there is shit support for a band I'd like to see is its harder for me to want to shell out $30+ to just see the headliner. I have a hard time wanting to see a band play 70-90 minutes and then leave. If I shell out $ for the ticket and any other concert-related expenses I, personally, don't want to show up for just a headlining band and leave. I'd rather spend the $ on a whole concert I'd want to see.

Granted, if the headliner is someone I REALLY want to see and its not a long drive then yea I'll show up late. But the majority of the time I'd much rather see a whole show I want to see. Maybe some feel this way, maybe some don't.