WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Eluveitie -- Tempe, AZ -- November 28th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21939)

Epidemic Reign 11-29-2012 07:42 AM

Eluveitie -- Tempe, AZ -- November 28th, 2012

Venue: 910 Live

[B][U]Wintersun[/U][/B]

When Time Fades Away (intro/recording)
Sons of Winter and Stars
Land of Snow and Sorrow
Winter Madness
Time
Beyond the Dark Sun
Starchild

[B][U]Eluveitie[/U][/B]

Prologue (intro/recording)
Helvetios
Luxtos
Home
Santonian Shores
Scorched Earth (Anna Murphy on vocals)
Meet the Enemy
Neverland
A Rose for Epona
Havoc
The Uprising
Hope
The Siege
Alesia
Tullianum
Uxellodunon
Epilogue (outro/recording)
---
Otherland (intro/recording)
Everything Remains as It Never Was
Divico
Lament
Inis Mona [with crowd sing-along]
Tegernakô

I missed the first local band, Ex-Amore, but I caught half of Adavant's set (our local desert folk metal legends) and they were fantastic as always. Check them out on YouTube or something.

Varg was next, and it was their first show ever in the United States. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with their material so I can't provide a setlist. I can tell you that they played the title track off their new album "Guten Tag". They were a lot of fun live, and I'm definitely going to seek out their music when I get a chance.

WINTERSUN was pretty much the main reason 90% of the people were there, of course. Also their first show ever in the US. They were AMAZING, they sounded great and played almost flawlessly. Really the only thing to complain about is that they didn't play more songs. Jari's vocals were just as good live as on record and he seemed to be really enjoying himself on stage.

Eluveitie played last. It was my third time seeing them and the best performance I've seen from them so far. They tend to get a mixed reaction from the greater metal community, but personally I love them and think they're fantastic live. They played Helvetios in its entirety and they sounded incredible. Chrigel's vocals sounded much better even than on record, and Anna Murphy did a wonderful job on the mic too, providing much more of her vocals than when I have seen them in the past. One of the highlights was her vocals on "Scorched Earth", which I enjoyed much more than the album version. I'm sure they followed up the album with at least a 2-3 song encore, but I left after "Alesia" because I had a shitty parking spot, the place was packed and I wanted to hit the road before the show let out.

Overall it was a great show, all of the bands did a great job. If this tour is coming to your town, be there!

CreptorStatus 11-29-2012 08:00 AM

Going to this show Sunday in Seattle. SO fucking stoked. I wish Wintersun wouldn't play their whole damn Time I album though. First tour in the US and I know most fans would love to see their older songs.

Thank god Starchild is on the setlist though.

Epidemic Reign 11-29-2012 08:03 AM

[QUOTE=CreptorStatus;499184]Going to this show Sunday in Seattle. SO fucking stoked. I wish Wintersun wouldn't play their whole damn Time I album though. First tour in the US and I know most fans would love to see their older songs.

Thank god Starchild is on the setlist though.[/QUOTE]

I agree, the new album does take up a lot of space. Would have much rather heard "Battle Against Time" than "Land of Snow and Sorrow", but still I can't complain.

kommie 11-29-2012 08:32 AM

This will also be the only tour they do for Time I.

kommie 11-29-2012 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=CreptorStatus;499184]Going to this show Sunday in Seattle. SO fucking stoked. I wish Wintersun wouldn't play their whole damn Time I album though. First tour in the US and I know most fans would love to see their older songs.

Thank god Starchild is on the setlist though.[/QUOTE]

Starchild is the one song they always play and always play last.

John The Drummer 11-29-2012 12:13 PM

:drool:
I love Eluveitie's new album. The encore probably consisted of "Inis Mona" and other popular songs.

mastodon421 11-29-2012 12:20 PM

I might hit the Boston show up if my plans to go to see Killswitch in Maine the night before fall through. I don't love the new Eluveitie, but they put on a great show so the setlist doesn't matter too much.

dinanm3atl 11-29-2012 12:51 PM

Flying to Chicago to see Eluveitie. Hoping someone will post what else they play. Obviously full album and they claimed on facebook a 90 minute set. So that is 5-6 more songs basically. I hope they close with Tagernako as normal...

tenchimyo 11-29-2012 01:05 PM

I wanna know how WINTERSUN added/played all their backing/synth- was it all live or canned?

W0unds 11-29-2012 01:29 PM

[QUOTE=tenchimyo;499260]I wanna know how WINTERSUN added/played all their backing/synth- was it all live or canned?[/QUOTE]

According to [URL="http://www.headbangtoday.com/2011/09/exclusive-interview-with-wintersuns-vocalist/"]this interview[/URL] it is all canned.

"The first album already had too much synths for one man to play live and the next album will have hundred times more. We have found a nice live solution with backing tracks, so we don´t want to complicate things more. "