WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Megadeth -- Niagara Falls, NY -- November 17th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21861)

PlaysWithKnives 11-20-2012 10:22 AM

Megadeth -- Niagara Falls, NY -- November 17th, 2012

Good show at Rapids theater in the Falls the other night. I love what the new owners have done with the place. Great place for a concert. Got there a little after 7 and the place was packed wall to wall already. The openers Kyng came on soon after. Played until 8. Kind of a little sludge and a little groove mixed together. Never heard their stuff before. Not bad.

Next of course was Megadeth. They came on and kicked ass as they always do. I was really looking forward to this because CTE is my favorite album of theirs after RIP. Getting to hear 6 songs I've never heard them do was a big treat for me. They sounded perfect and I thought the video screens were a cool touch. Dave had a couple of his usual, wacky diatribes. The crowd was great all night. Pretty well behaved for a Megadeth show too. Everything from CTE got great reaction, especially the well known stuff. Not really complaining, but the set was about 3 or 4 songs shorter than other sets I've seen. I don't know if they were in a rush or what. They were done by 10. That's the earliest time I've left a concert after the headliner was done. Great show.

1. Trust
2. Hangar 18
3. Public Enemy No. 1

Countdown to Extinction
4. Skin o' My Teeth
5. Symphony of Destruction
6. Architecture of Aggression
7. Foreclosure of a Dream
8. Sweating Bullets
9. This Was My Life
10. Countdown to Extinction
11. High Speed Dirt
12. Psychotron
13. Captive Honour
14. Ashes in Your Mouth

Encore:
15. Peace Sells
16. Holy Wars... The Punishment

IrritatedTrout 11-20-2012 10:24 AM

I think She-Wolf, A Tout Le Monde, and Whose Life have been dropped and won't be returning this tour. It wasn't just your show, they've been gone for a few nights now.

I can't wait to see those obscure CTE songs later this week. They're the whole reason I'm traveling as far as I am for it. It's my second favorite album besides RIP as well.

girnny777 11-20-2012 12:21 PM

[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;497823]I think She-Wolf, A Tout Le Monde, and Whose Life have been dropped [/QUOTE]

Good. I like A Tout Le Monde but I'm tired of always hearing it.

PlaysWithKnives 11-20-2012 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;497823]I think She-Wolf, A Tout Le Monde, and Whose Life have been dropped and won't be returning this tour. It wasn't just your show, they've been gone for a few nights now.

I can't wait to see those obscure CTE songs later this week. They're the whole reason I'm traveling as far as I am for it. It's my second favorite album besides RIP as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those songs wont be missed. It should be worth your drive to see this show. How far are you going?

IrritatedTrout 11-20-2012 04:29 PM

From VA Beach to Charlotte, NC, so about 6 hours.

PlaysWithKnives 11-20-2012 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;497875]From VA Beach to Charlotte, NC, so about 6 hours.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Worth it

AnataFan4Life 11-20-2012 05:22 PM

[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;497875]From VA Beach to Charlotte, NC, so about 6 hours.[/QUOTE]

I'll be there :rocker:

IrritatedTrout 11-20-2012 06:22 PM

Nice, how far is it for you?

Indestructible 11-20-2012 07:18 PM

Great show. I loved Sweating Bullets, the crowd sang the entire first verse without Dave singing and got it down perfectly.

PlaysWithKnives 11-20-2012 09:28 PM

[QUOTE=Indestructible;497895]Great show. I loved Sweating Bullets, the crowd sang the entire first verse without Dave singing and got it down perfectly.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the in depth analysis :D No, seriously though, that was really cool. Same goes for the choruses for SOD and Peace Sells