WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Official "What Does Your User Name?" Mean Thread (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21855)

John The Drummer 11-19-2012 03:56 PM

The Official "What Does Your User Name?" Mean Thread

I don't think there is already a thread for this.... at least I hope not :eyes:
So yeah, pretty self explanatory, how did you get your user name, what does it mean? :D

I'll start!

There is far more to mine than meets the eye :tongue:
My Dad is named John too, and back before I had a cellphone my band mates out call my home phone and ask "Is John there?" so finally my bassist at the time called one time and said "Is John.... the drummer there?", thus it was born!

Also, the initials of John The Drummer are the same as my real name, so it kinda just stuck.

BloodoftheKings 11-19-2012 04:39 PM

Mine comes from a Manowar song.

What was I thinking?

smearCampaign 11-19-2012 04:54 PM

Napalm Death album title + smear is the name I used in my younger days when writing graffiti

kalfitegrdan 11-19-2012 05:11 PM

Mine was the username of my account on Runescape from way back in the day that I just kind of started using for everything. The actual name is the name of a monster in Runescape (Kalphite Guardian) altered to fit the twelve character maximum for usernames.

christopher 11-19-2012 05:18 PM

Mine is pretty obvious :lol:

SirLardsAlot 11-19-2012 05:24 PM

I was fat in middle school, didn't really care and used it to be the butt of jokes with my friends. When I first downloaded Napster (!!!!!!!), I was trying to think of a user name. My friend Jon, who was with me, suggested SirChunk but it was taken. I thought it SirLardsAlot as a play on Sir Lancealot, thought it was hilarious, and ran with it. It became my screenname for everything. This was around the time that the Internet was really becoming a means for social entertainment (around 2001 / 2002), so I began using it for everything. AIM, Napster, Kazaa, the Iron Maiden Bulliten Board and every other forum I was ever on, my Battle.net account, and so on.

I've stopped using that name when signing up for things for a good 5 years now, and have since shed many of the pounds. :party:

mastodon421 11-19-2012 05:40 PM

Mastodon is my favorite band and my birthday is April 21st. Deep I know:lol:

RAZOR 11-19-2012 05:51 PM

When I was 11-12 or so I used to go on this website cokemusic.com (it was real similar to a Habbo Hotel type of thing), and my username on there was Razorlight, after a band I was listening to at the time of signing up. Everyone called me "razor" for short, and it just stuck!

Natrlhi 11-19-2012 06:13 PM

There already is [URL="http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=13183&highlight=user"]a thread for this[/URL], and it's a pretty fun read if you're relatively new here.

Here's the explanation I posted in that thread way back when:

[QUOTE=Natrlhi;266174]I'm a pleasure / thrill seeker - one who believes in "sucking the marrow out of life", to borrow a line from "Dead Poets Society" (Henry David Thoreau, actually). I've found that material things are always fleeting to some extent or another, but experiences last a lifetime - especially the ones you can remember afterward. That's why I try to get my "high's" naturally, whether it's movies, music, SCUBA diving, working out, making someone laugh or commiting some random act of kindness and not telling anybody about it (I need to do that last one more, though).

I just think that if you're not passionate about something, you're just wasting your time here on this planet, which is fleeting as it is.

So, "natrlhi" has been my screen name, e-mail address (well one of them, anyway) - and even my personalized license plate at one time - for the last ten or fifteen years.

Nat :horns:[/QUOTE]

powerslave_85 11-19-2012 06:16 PM

85 is the number of copies of [I]Powerslave[/I] I own.