WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Geoff Tate -- Columbus, OH -- November 2nd, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21732)

EvilCheeseWedge 11-05-2012 11:06 AM

Geoff Tate -- Columbus, OH -- November 2nd, 2012

TOUR: Geoff Tate
SUPPORT: All local bands.
VENUE: Alrosa Villa, Columbus OH
DATE: November 2, 2012

1. Forever
2. Off The TV
3. Sacred Ground
4. Disconnected
5. The Way I Roll
6. Flood
7. Out of Mind
8. Real World
9. Another Rainy Night (Without You)
10. Bridge
11. Until There Was You
12. Take A Bullet
13. Say U Luv It
14. Got It Bad
15. In The Dirt
16. The Thin Line
17. Grain of Faith

18. Silent Lucidity
19. Jet City Woman

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBOrurnp8Pg]My footage of "The Thin Line."[/url]

MPF 11-05-2012 12:48 PM

Wow, anyone whose name isn't Geoff Tate going to this show had to have been severely disappointed.

dimmudan 11-05-2012 04:18 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Maybe his being ousted from Queensryche was really the solution.

This setlist is pure shit. :confused:

Nothing from Mindcrime or before. What a tool Geoff is.

I always hated his comments distancing Queensryche from metal.

I propose to the moderators that we ban discussions of Geoff Tate from the metalsetlists.com site (just kidding)

cradle_of_maiden 11-05-2012 05:04 PM

I'll reserve judgement until after I see his version of Queensryche. Considering its his solo show he should have a little more freedom to play what he wants. Going to see him in Orlando in December.

EvilCheeseWedge 11-05-2012 05:16 PM

[QUOTE=dimmudan;495573]
I propose to the moderators that we ban discussions of Geoff Tate from the metalsetlists.com site (just kidding)[/QUOTE]

I am one, and I vote no :D

It wasn't billed as a metal show, and the vibe didn't convey an intent to have it be one. If you look at those songs you can see they, for the most part, are basically just rock, at the heaviest. Maybe hard rock. There's more emphasis on keyboards and GT plays tenor sax on a lot of the songs, to much a greater degree than he ever did in QR.

If you go the show expecting metal, you will be disappointed. And you might be disappointed anyways. I knew what it was going in, and I thought it was enjoyable for what it was.

EvilCheeseWedge 11-05-2012 05:19 PM

[QUOTE=cradle_of_maiden;495584]Going to see him in Orlando in December.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. Just throwing it out there if a lack of metal is a deal breaker for you, I wouldn't go. Check out the video I posted of "The Thin Line" - that's about as heavy as it's going to get.

Travis The Dragon 11-05-2012 05:39 PM

About how many people were at the show?

EvilCheeseWedge 11-05-2012 06:06 PM

[QUOTE=fonzbear2000;495592]About how many people were at the show?[/QUOTE]

I really don't know (I was in front against the stage, wasn't always easy to tell what was going on behind me), but it was pretty full. I've never been to the Alrosa Villa before (what an infamous place), but I've read it has a capacity of between 300-600 people. I've heard that at some recent GT shows people were leaving afters openers, but that definitely didn't happen here. The place seemed pretty packed, but it's definitely not huge to begin with.

tenchimyo 11-05-2012 09:23 PM

[QUOTE=EvilCheeseWedge;495588]I am one, and I vote no :D

It wasn't billed as a metal show, and the vibe didn't convey an intent to have it be one. s.[/QUOTE]

That's good. The shows around here seemed to be pushing Geoff Tate's Queensryche and Geoff Tate of Queensryche and it was a bit....unknown as to what the shows would be.

(from reports they turned out to be mainly solo material like this show)

ravenheart 11-05-2012 10:26 PM

[QUOTE=MPF;495546]Wow, anyone whose name isn't Geoff Tate going to this show had to have been severely disappointed.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have been, because his new solo album is awesome.