WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Alice Cooper -- London, England -- October 28th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21666)

ravenheart 10-28-2012 01:35 PM

Alice Cooper -- London, England -- October 28th, 2012

Halloween Night of Fear Tour
Venue: Wembley Arena
Support: Duff McKagan's Loaded

[B]Ugly Kid Joe[/b] (20:00-20:40)
V.I.P.
Neighbor
Panhandlin' Prince
Milkman's Son
Cats In The Cradle
I'm Alright
Everything About You (with Arya Goggin)
Ace of Spades (with Duff McKagan)

[b]Alice Cooper[/b] (21:20-22:50)
Hello Hooray
House of Fire
No More Mr. Nice Guy
I'll Bite Your Face Off
Be My Lover
Caffeine
Billion Dollar Babies
The Congregation
Hey Stoopid
Dirty Diamonds
Welcome To My Nightmare >
The Ballad of Dwight Fry
He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask)
Devil's Food
Feed My Frankenstein
Break On Through (To The Other Side)
Revolution
Foxy Lady
My Generation
I'm Eighteen
Under My Wheels
Poison
---------------
School's Out

ravenheart 10-28-2012 01:42 PM

Caffeine
Billion Dollar Babies

ravenheart 10-28-2012 01:51 PM

The Congregation
Hey Stoopid

Spiner202 10-28-2012 01:56 PM

I've been watching the setlists from this tour and they've been slowly getting better. The covers idea is really bad, and Cooper completely oversold fans on the "Nightmare" section of the tour. It's nice to see "Caffeine", "House of Fire", and one of the ones that he has yet to play at your show in there, but besides that, this is a relatively disappointing tour.

I would still go instantly to hear the three songs mentioned above, but it's not coming near me. Also, supposedly Cooper has something in the works for the 40th anniversary of Billion Dollar Babies :D

ravenheart 10-28-2012 01:59 PM

Dirty Diamonds
Welcome To My Nightmare

ravenheart 10-28-2012 02:06 PM

The Ballad of Dwight Fry
Go To Hell

Outstanding :D

ravenheart 10-28-2012 02:11 PM

He's Back (Man Behind The Mask)

At least they've made this song finally sound good.

Spiner202 10-28-2012 02:15 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;494192]He's Back (Man Behind The Mask)

At least they've made this song finally sound good.[/QUOTE]

This is the other major highlight of this tour. I'd love to hear this song live! :party:

ravenheart 10-28-2012 02:23 PM

Feed My Frankenstein
Break On Through (To The Other Side)

ravenheart 10-28-2012 02:29 PM

Revolution
Foxey Lady

ravenheart 10-28-2012 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=Spiner202;494193]This is the other major highlight of this tour. I'd love to hear this song live! :party:[/QUOTE]

Meh, I've never liked it. And am very disappointed they picked it from the fan vote when every time I looked, Love's A Loaded Gun was the clear leader.

My Generation... Another massively overrated song.

Spiner202 10-28-2012 02:33 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;494198]Meh, I've never liked it. And am very disappointed they picked it from the fan vote when every time I looked, Love's A Loaded Gun was the clear leader.[/QUOTE]

I agree that I would prefer "Love's a Loaded Gun", but I'll take any song that isn't overplayed. There are very few Alice songs I dislike, so I'm open to pretty much any of [B]his[/B] material. As far as I know, there were quite a few great songs rehearsed for this tour that were not played, including an "I Am Made of You/Steven" medley.

ravenheart 10-28-2012 02:39 PM

I'm Eighteen
Under My Wheels
Poison

ravenheart 10-28-2012 02:52 PM

Also, I don't consider any set which did have Brutal Planet in it, and now doesn't, to be an improvement.

Still, awesome as always.

ravenheart 10-28-2012 03:35 PM

[QUOTE=Spiner202;494199]"I Am Made of You/Steven" medley.[/QUOTE]

Does want!

IrritatedTrout 10-28-2012 03:56 PM

Holy shit! First two songs are awesome, same stage show as earlier this year?

ravenheart 10-28-2012 03:58 PM

[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;494227]Holy shit! First two songs are awesome, same stage show as earlier this year?[/QUOTE]

Completely different stage setup, and a new version of the Frankenstein bit (same costume though). No guillotine.

IrritatedTrout 10-28-2012 04:00 PM

Nice, I hope I get to see him again soon.

HugeRockStar 10-28-2012 04:45 PM

That is the coolest Cooper set I've seen in a long time! Can't believe he pulled out House Of Fire and He's Back, and I've been wanting to hear him do Hello Hooray again for years.

Sanitarium78 10-28-2012 04:50 PM

Other than the covers section, I have no problem with this set. I get that he wants to pay tribute to some of his friends in the music buisness who have passed away with the covers. But when you've got almost 30 albums worth or original material wasting four spots on covers is a bad idea. Wasn't Desperado written as a tribute to Jim Morrison? That hasn't been done in a long time, i'd rather he play that one as his tribute to him instead.

At least from the newest album he's picked the better songs. Just add in I Am Made Of You and When Hell Comes Home then he's got all the listenable songs from W2MN in the set. I love that House Of Fire is finally being played again. That song was huge for him, just a little less popular than Poison was back when Trash came out. I have no clue why it hasn't been played in so long. I've always liked He's Back, hearing that song during the ending credits of Friday The 13th part 6 way back when actually got me interested in Alice.

I'm happy that Orianthi is still in the band. I thought maybe she would stick around for the NMMNG tour and then move on to something else. Any word on if she's a permanent member or not?

ravenheart 10-28-2012 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;494252]I'm happy that Orianthi is still in the band. I thought maybe she would stick around for the NMMNG tour and then move on to something else. Any word on if she's a permanent member or not?[/QUOTE]

Everyone in AC's band is a permanent member until they leave ;)

What was really funny was Tommy Henriksen and Ryan Roxie left the stage during Foxy Lady. It was the only time they played anything without all three guitarists, and she absolutely tore it up. I genuinely think the two guys just can't keep up with her on that song. Tommy came back on to do some rudimentary rhythm guitar while she did the solo, but that was all.

Also interesting to note Jonathan Mover was still on drums. Pretty sure the expectation was Glen Sobel would be fit again by now.

tenchimyo 10-28-2012 05:14 PM

That's amazing he dug out
"He's back.." and "House of Fire"... Alice's got so many songs that it must be hard for him to pick a setlist that pleases all (or most)

Why so many cover songs tho :/

IrritatedTrout 10-28-2012 05:46 PM

Any pictures of the set?

ravenheart 10-28-2012 05:52 PM

[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;494267]Any pictures of the set?[/QUOTE]

Not from me.

Setlist updated. Somehow forgot to include Devil's Food.

ravenheart 10-28-2012 05:55 PM

[QUOTE=tenchimyo;494257]Why so many cover songs tho :/[/QUOTE]

It's called the Raise The Dead Tour, and that section is meant to be a tribute to the four musician friends of Alice's who died between 1970 and 1980; Keith Moon, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and John Lennon. So they do one song each. The backdrop during this is made up of four gravestones with their names and years on, each one rolls down with each respective song.

I notice no one complains about him opening with a cover ;)

ravenheart 10-28-2012 06:01 PM

Duff McKagan's Loaded set, although I didn't bother getting there in time to see them, since they suck:

Executioners Song
We Win
Lords of Abbadon
Sleaze Factory
Dark Days
Seattlehead
Attitude
It's So Easy

marker 10-29-2012 11:44 AM

Gonna see Alice next month, what happened to Glen Sobel?

ravenheart 10-29-2012 03:12 PM

[QUOTE=marker;494384]Gonna see Alice next month, what happened to Glen Sobel?[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it some kind of elbow/shoulder injury a few dates into the Maiden tour? Jonathan Mover's first show for 20 odd years was the Camden, NJ gig at the end of July.