WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Devin Townsend Project -- London, England -- October 27th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21653)

MPF 10-28-2012 02:00 AM

I really don't get why anyone is complaining about this set at all. It is a retrospective of the solo career of Devin, a couple SYL songs, Steve Vai, honestly what is there to honestly complain about?

None of us were there, it was a 3 hours Devin show!

I didn't get a chance to see this today as I had band practice but I am picking this up the second it is on sale.

ravenheart 10-28-2012 05:52 AM

A buddy of mine was there and said it was an incredible show. This is a crazy-ass Rush fan who flew from Scotland to Canada to follow them for three shows on the latest tour, and he's saying this Devin show is the best concert he's seen all year.

BloodoftheKings 10-28-2012 08:36 AM

[QUOTE=MPF;494090]I really don't get why anyone is complaining about this set at all. [B]It is a retrospective of the solo career of Devin[/B], a couple SYL songs, Steve Vai, honestly what is there to honestly complain about?
[/QUOTE]

But it's missing almost half of his albums.

MPF 10-28-2012 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=BloodoftheKings;494114]But it's missing almost half of his albums.[/QUOTE]

It covers what needed to be covered. Yes you can say what about Punky Bruster, more SYL, Sex and Religion, and of course other real Devin solo albums. But this set is damn good. and honestly with how long the set is, and what was available, I see no reason to complain over it.

BloodoftheKings 10-28-2012 02:16 PM

[QUOTE=MPF;494174]It covers what needed to be covered. Yes you can say what about Punky Bruster, more SYL, Sex and Religion, and of course other real Devin solo albums. But this set is damn good. and honestly with how long the set is, and what was available, I see no reason to complain over it.[/QUOTE]

I'm just saying he shouldn't have said it was gonna be a retrospect of his entire career if several major parts weren't going to be included. If he just said it was going to be a double length set with a couple of surprises then there would be nothing wrong with this at all.

TheNobleFaceHumper 10-28-2012 02:21 PM

I really wish he would reunite SYL.

adamclark52 10-28-2012 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=TheNobleFaceHumper;494178]I really wish he would reunite SYL.[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be the same without the Skullet, and isn't Jed pushing 70 now?

TheNobleFaceHumper 10-28-2012 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=adamclark52;494201]It wouldn't be the same without the Skullet, and isn't Jed pushing 70 now?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, alright then just play 3/4 SYL songs.

Impaledonafence3 10-28-2012 07:52 PM

[QUOTE=BloodoftheKings;494042]That set is pretty disappointing. When he said he was gonna do songs from his entire career I expected stuff from every album he ever put out but it's really just a double length set of all the shit he's been playing on tour the past few years with Detox and Love? thrown in. Also, while it's still really cool that he did a couple of SYL songs, playing those 2 songs is kind of a cop out. If he played All Hail the New Flesh and Shitstorm that really would have been something.

The most underwhelming thing about that set is that it really doesn't even come close to covering his whole career. There isn't 1 whole song from Terria, nothing from Physicist (i'm counting Kingdom as a song from Epicloud at this point), no Ki, no Ghost, and no Punky Bruster. I wasn't expecting, nor did I want there to be stuff from Devlab in the set but I think the albums I just listed were all worthy of being covered at least a little bit.[/QUOTE]

I was there and thought the same thing about the setlist. It's all the same shit I have seen him playing over and over again. I really wanted to see Hyperdrive with Anneke but then he does that acoustic shit. The set was in serious need of some Accelerated Evolution. I thought most of the stories were pretty lame too, and it didn't help that the video screen was way out of sync the entire night. You would think they would get something like that worked out when they are doing a DVD taping. The sound in the venue was way too low too, I hate that. I was just glad I finally got to see Anneke perform live with Devin, that made it worth it for me.

BloodoftheKings 10-28-2012 08:21 PM

[QUOTE=Impaledonafence3;494283]I was there and thought the same thing about the setlist. It's all the same shit I have seen him playing over and over again. I really wanted to see Hyperdrive with Anneke but then he does that acoustic shit. The set was in serious need of some Accelerated Evolution. I thought most of the stories were pretty lame too, and it didn't help that the video screen was way out of sync the entire night. You would think they would get something like that worked out when they are doing a DVD taping. The sound in the venue was way too low too, I hate that. I was just glad I finally got to see Anneke perform live with Devin, that made it worth it for me.[/QUOTE]

Wait... Anneke was there and she didn't do Hyperdrive?