WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dio Disciples -- Anaheim, CA -- October 20th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21631)

InFlames 10-25-2012 04:16 PM

Dio Disciples -- Anaheim, CA -- October 20th, 2012

[B]Dio Disciples[/B]
w/ Tim Ripper and Oni Logan

1. Killing the Dragon
2. Holy Diver
3. Egypt (The Chains Are On)
4. Stargazer
5. Push
6. The Last in Line
7. Stand Up and Shout
8. Don't Talk to Strangers
9. Lord of the Last Day / All the Fools Sailed Away
10. Catch the Rainbow / Kill the King
11. As Long As It's Not About Love
12. The Mob Rules
13. Long Live Rock 'n' Roll
14. Man on the Silver Mountain
15. Heaven and Hell
--------------------
16. This Is Your Life
17. Rainbow in the Dark
18. We Rock

Opening acts: Holy Grail, Witchburn

rjturtle9 10-25-2012 04:30 PM

Went to this show. Stargazer was amazing! Probably one of the best songs I have ever seen live ever! Really bummed at the lack of Sabbath material though.

John The Drummer 10-25-2012 04:43 PM

I had some friends go to the Seattle date and they said the music was good, but Tim Owens' appearance killed it. I never knew he had a "Monster" Energy Drink tattoo.... :eyes:

ravenheart 10-25-2012 04:47 PM

[QUOTE=InFlames;493693]As Long As It's Not About Love[/QUOTE]

Motherfucker :(

[QUOTE=John The Drummer;493702]I had some friends go to the Seattle date and they said the music was good, but Tim Owens' appearance killed it.[/QUOTE]

Also, what? Ripper has been amazing with them both times I've seen them.

[QUOTE=John The Drummer;493702]I never knew he had a "Monster" Energy Drink tattoo.... :eyes:[/QUOTE]

He also drinks it on stage, and makes sure he turns it logo-first towards the crowd whenever he puts it down ;)

John The Drummer 10-25-2012 04:50 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;493703]

Also, what? Ripper has been amazing with them both times I've seen them.

He also drinks it on stage, and makes sure he turns it logo-first towards the crowd whenever he puts it down ;)[/QUOTE]

His appearance, not performance :D . Apparently he is a walking Monster billboard with a Monster shirt, beanie (or wristbands, forgot what) and tattoo :tp:

ravenheart 10-25-2012 04:51 PM

[QUOTE=John The Drummer;493707]His appearance, not performance :D . Apparently he is a walking Monster billboard with a Monster shirt, beanie (or wristbands, forgot what) and tattoo :tp:[/QUOTE]

Well, that is true. Wristbands and hat whenever I've seen him. Plus the tattoo and the drinks on stage.

It's funny, but who really cares? It's only the same as people who're sponsored by Gibson wearing a Gibson t-shirt on stage, or exclusively using Gibson products on stage, etc.

rjturtle9 10-25-2012 05:46 PM

I noticed his appearance too. I thought it was kinda funny, but he still put on a godly performance!

Bloodcurse 10-25-2012 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=InFlames;493693][B]Dio Disciples[/B]

16. This Is Your Life
[/QUOTE]

YES!!!!!! :party:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft 10-25-2012 07:32 PM

[QUOTE=rjturtle9;493695]Really bummed at the lack of Sabbath material though.[/QUOTE]

This.

They had more songs than just HH and MR. Grrrr. :mad:

Seeing them sunday night.

ravenheart 10-25-2012 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=Blitzkrieg Witchcraft;493746]This.

They had more songs than just HH and MR. Grrrr. :mad:

Seeing them sunday night.[/QUOTE]

Neon Knights and Children of The Sea were in both last year's set this year's European set.

We had years of the Dio-era Sabbath stuff getting played with H&H; they've been done already, and recently too. I'd have killed to have 'Push' and 'As Long As It's Not About Love' in the set in August instead :(

Goldy and Wright prefer to do songs they shared with Dio, and I think that's fair enough. The tragedy is that means the 'Lock Up the Wolves' album gets overlooked.