WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Converge -- Lawrence, KS -- October 20th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21612)

mankvill 10-24-2012 05:24 PM

Converge -- Lawrence, KS -- October 20th, 2012

Converge

Concubine
Dark Horse
Heartless
Aimless Arrow
Trespasses
Bitter and Then Some
All We Love We Leave Behind
Sadness Comes Home
My Unsaid Everything
Glacial Pace
Cutter
Worms Will Feed/Rats Will Feast
Tender Abuse
On My Shield
Axe to Fall
Empty on the Inside
Eagles Become Vultures
The Broken Vow
You Fail Me
Encore:
No Light Escapes
First Light
Last Light

Torche (I'm assuming it was the same as the other shows)

Letting Go
Kicking
Reverse Inverted
In Pieces
Grenades
Pira˝a
Across the Shields
Sandstorm
In Pieces
Snakes Are Charmed
Healer
(Unknown) (New song)
(Unknown) (New song)
Charge of the Brown Recluse
Vampyro
Rockit

Coalesce

Wild Ox Moan
Through Sparrows I Rest
The Villain We Won't Deny
Cowards.com
Next On The Shit List
In My Wake, For My Own
The Blind Eye
What Happens On The Road Always Comes Home
Dead Is Dead
One On The Ground
73-C
A Safe Place

Kvelertak (assuming it was the same set)

Blodt°rst
Ulvetid
Sj°hyenar (Havets herrer)
Fossegrim
Offernatt
Mj°d

Converge: 9/10
Torche: 8/10
Coalesce: 9/10
Kvelertak: 8.5/10
Mansion: 7/10

First band was Mansion. I've seen them a million times and the members of the band work and live around Lawrence. Apparently, this show was their 2nd to last show ever, the final show being a block down the street at the Converge afterparty. Not too terrible, but I hope they go on to bigger and better things.

Kvelertak was crazy. Unfortunately it didn't seem like too much of the crowd was too into them, although there were more than a few going crazy for them up front. I loved when they had the black metal/blastbeat portions of their songs. Totally awesome! Had a bit of crappy sound and couldn't hear the vocals much for the first few songs, but it evened out later on.

Our date was the only date with local metalcore legends Coalesce on the bill. They absolutely destroyed. Along with Converge, Coalesce had a more serious performance. There was barely any talking in between songs, and frontman Sean Ingram was very focused with putting on a passionate performance. He fell to the ground, along with the guitarist, multiple times. They really were possessed during their set. Old-school REAL metalcore at its finest. Coalesce is why KC > you.

Torche was very different than the other bands on the bill, but the music really fit in well. There was lots of jumping and moshing for them, which I didn't really expect. A lot of their songs are very upbeat and cheery, but when they slow and sludge it down, it's as heavy as all the others. They played a long, energetic set. I was right in front of the bassist, and he was awesome!

And I finally got to see Converge headline. I'd seen them open the Dethklok/Mastodon tour a few years ago, and I went to their tour with Coalesce, Black Breath, Touche Amore etc. a couple years ago but they dropped off at the last second due to car troubles. Jacob apologized for that during their set and thanked everyone for coming out despite them missing that concert. Their whole set was insane and people were going nuts for them. I got to sing into the mic for Concubine, which is just special. Dark Horse was awesome too, and the new songs sounded amazing. The best were Sadness Comes Home, Glacial Pace and Empty On The Inside. Their final song, Last Light, reduced some of the people in the pit to tears and induced the most stage-diving of the night with the final breakdown. Awesome all around - Converge are the ultimate entertainers!

DethMaiden 10-26-2012 12:01 PM

That's a ton of great songs but nothing from No Heroes is really weird.