WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Steel Panther -- Sydney, Australia -- October 5th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21548)

fletchzer 10-05-2012 08:53 PM

Steel Panther -- Sydney, Australia -- October 5th, 2012

Last night Sydney played host to the first of two Steel Panther shows for the weekend, both being held in Luna Park (under the Harbour Bridge). Having put on some awesome shows for Soundwave Festival earlier this year, the same promoter decided to bring them out for a headline tour, which I believe sold out in most major cities.

I didn't watch the local opener, but got in about 10 minutes before SP were due on. The venue had sold out and they had put a horizontal barrier halfway through the pit, which was pretty infuriating to negotiate, but I still managed to get a good spot! Soon enough the tape of In the Future comes on, and an evening of hilarity and metal ensued. Before Party All Day (Fuck All Night) was played they announced they had flown out Brazzers girls for the Sydney show, who then proceeded to do a live stripshow, mixed in with a few gags during the next few songs.

All-in-all, pretty awesome show, would definitely see these guys again!!

In the Future
Supersonic Sex Machine
Tomorrow Night
Fat Girl (Thar She Blows)
Asian Hooker
Just Like Tiger Woods
Gold-Digging Whore
If You Really, Really Love Me
Guitar Solo
Turn Out the Lights
I Like Drugs
That's What Girls Are For
Weenie Ride
Party All Day (Fuck All Night)
Death to All but Metal

Encore:

Community Property
Eyes of a Panther
17 Girls in a Row

rjturtle9 10-06-2012 08:22 AM

I would love to see them play a show with no covers. They did when they opened for Guns n Roses, and that was the best show yet.

christopher 10-07-2012 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=rjturtle9;492013]I would love to see them play a show with no covers. They did when they opened for Guns n Roses, and that was the best show yet.[/QUOTE]

That's a big part of the reason why I don't go see them anymore. I want to hear their songs. Last time I saw them, they played 90 minutes, but only played like 3 originals, everything else was covers.

rjturtle9 10-07-2012 05:18 PM

[QUOTE=christopher;492206]That's a big part of the reason why I don't go see them anymore. I want to hear their songs. Last time I saw them, they played 90 minutes, but only played like 3 originals, everything else was covers.[/QUOTE]

I still go see them every now and then. Their shows are always fun as hell!

christopher 10-07-2012 05:20 PM

[QUOTE=rjturtle9;492213]I still go see them every now and then. Their shows are always fun as hell![/QUOTE]

Oh definitely. I would like to see them again, its just the other main reason I don't go out to see them is due to the current price of gas. :hmm: I can't afford to drive to LA for shows anymore.

rjturtle9 10-07-2012 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=christopher;492214]Oh definitely. I would like to see them again, its just the other main reason I don't go out to see them is due to the current price of gas. :hmm: I can't afford to drive to LA for shows anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yeah dude it's ridiculous!!! $4.59?! And that's the cheapest I could find!

Onioner 10-07-2012 05:50 PM

Man, I'm happy I saw them in SF this summer. They played a full set of original stuff and the crowd really went crazy for them. I'd see them here in LA but going out to the strip on a Monday night is a total pain in the ass with school and whatnot.

ravenheart 10-07-2012 06:03 PM

[QUOTE=rjturtle9;492217]Yeah dude it's ridiculous!!! $4.59?![/QUOTE]

You guys are funny.

fletchzer 10-08-2012 05:29 AM

It's kinda weird how those HOB sets are so different.

Going through some of those sets I'm surprised they don't even throw a couple of covers in their overseas setlists to boot!

anomynous 10-08-2012 06:18 AM

Probably because HOB is weekly, and that's a well known fact, so they have to switch it up instead of playing the same set every time they play the same venue.

marker 10-08-2012 11:23 AM

:)[QUOTE=christopher;492214]Oh definitely. I would like to see them again, its just the other main reason I don't go out to see them is due to the current price of gas. :hmm: I can't afford to drive to LA for shows anymore.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to see them, will have to catch them at the next Anaheim show. I wouldn't go up to House of Blues Hollywood even if gas was free. I hate that venue, and it's too far!

rjturtle9 10-08-2012 01:07 PM

[QUOTE=marker;492321]:)

I have yet to see them, will have to catch them at the next Anaheim show. I wouldn't go up to House of Blues Hollywood even if gas was free. I hate that venue, and it's too far![/QUOTE]

House of Blues Hollywood > House of Blues Anaheim

christopher 10-08-2012 07:32 PM

[QUOTE=rjturtle9;492337]House of Blues Hollywood parking price> House of Blues Anaheim parking price[/QUOTE]

fixed

dcmetal108 10-09-2012 10:49 AM

For me being such a huge SP fan I still have yet to see them.

marker 10-09-2012 05:06 PM

[QUOTE=christopher;492378]fixed[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the parking prices suck at Anaheim. It is Downtown Disney, of course it's high. Don't remember what it cost in Hollywood. In Anaheim you have to walk 10 miles from the parking lot to the venue, fucking blows. One time my friend and I had a few drinks at a Ratt show, and couldn't even find the car afterwards. Not a big fan of either venue, but will probably go to Dio Disciples here.

rjturtle9 10-09-2012 05:12 PM

[QUOTE=marker;492540]Yeah, the parking prices suck at Anaheim. It is Downtown Disney, of course it's high. Don't remember what it cost in Hollywood. In Anaheim you have to walk 10 miles from the parking lot to the venue, fucking blows. One time my friend and I had a few drinks at a Ratt show, and couldn't even find the car afterwards. Not a big fan of either venue, but will probably go to Dio Disciples here.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure what he meant by the fix was that the only thing that Hollywood has that is "greater then" Anaheim is he parking prices. He probably likes Anaheim more. By the way, I have never paid for Anaheim parking ever, at the downtown Disney lot. After a certain hour, the people at the booths take off so you don't have to pay when you leave.

marker 10-09-2012 05:43 PM

[QUOTE=rjturtle9;492541]I'm pretty sure what he meant by the fix was that the only thing that Hollywood has that is "greater then" Anaheim is he parking prices. He probably likes Anaheim more. By the way, I have never paid for Anaheim parking ever, at the downtown Disney lot. After a certain hour, the people at the booths take off so you don't have to pay when you leave.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll go to the Dio Disciples show, it's actually been years since I went to either House Of Blues.

christopher 10-09-2012 07:03 PM

Oh, I meant that parking for the HOB Anaheim is free compared to the high ass prices in Hollywood. As rj said, I was using the ">" to mean greater than, not better than.

rjturtle9 10-10-2012 01:18 PM

[QUOTE=marker;492543]Thanks for the info. I guess I'll go to the Dio Disciples show, it's actually been years since I went to either House Of Blues.[/QUOTE]

I'll be there!