WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Skeletonwitch -- Philadelphia, PA -- September 28th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21505)

leglessmoof 09-29-2012 08:14 AM

Skeletonwitch -- Philadelphia, PA -- September 28th, 2012

Arrived at 7:30 and Early Graves were already playing. I went upstairs to the bar so I didn't really hear their set.

I was still upstairs when Havok started. They sounded pretty good so I went downstairs to check them out, and I was not disappointed. I will definitely be buying their latest album. If you're going to this tour, make sure you get there early enough to see Havok. Here is their [B]partial[/B] setlist:

Scumbag in Disguise
From the Cradle to the Grave
D.O.A.
Time Is Up

After Havok finished, I moved up to the 2nd row for Skeletonwitch. This was my 7th time seeing them. They started around 9:00 and played for about an hour, pummeling through an awesome 20-song set that included 9 songs from their latest album. I definitely recommend seeing them live if they come to your city. (Their current tour visits 63 cities, so your city is probably on it!) Here is the setlist:

The Horrifying Force (The Desire to Kill)
Reduced to the Failure of Prayer
Erased and Forgotten
Submit to the Suffering
My Skin of Deceit
Baptized in Flames
Crushed Beyond Dust
Upon Wings of Black
Choke Upon Betrayal
Beyond the Permafrost
Infernal Resurrection
Vengeance Will Be Mine
Bringers of Death
Repulsive Salvation
Sacrifice for the Slaughtergod
Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery
Of Ash and Torment
Cleaver of Souls
Shredding Sacred Flesh
Within My Blood

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2vjub95.jpg[/IMG]

rjturtle9 09-29-2012 08:48 AM

This has top 10 shows of the year potential written all over it, and I'm seeing them two nights in a row!

anomynous 09-29-2012 09:31 AM

I do like that with how extensive this tour is, it still doesn't hit Missouri.

That Kansas City date isn't in KC, it's 30 minutes into Kansas, so it doesn't count. I really wish I could go though, I've been dying to see Havok & Skeletonwitch.

Shinra Elite 09-29-2012 10:05 AM

Damn sir, you beat me to posting.

Salvation_for_Sale 09-29-2012 10:10 AM

[QUOTE=anomynous;490802]I do like that with how extensive this tour is, it still doesn't hit Missouri.

That Kansas City date isn't in KC, it's 30 minutes into Kansas, so it doesn't count. I really wish I could go though, I've been dying to see Havok & Skeletonwitch.[/QUOTE]Fortunately I am going to make it to this show. But yea, Missouri seems to be a huge fucking black hole for metal shows. WHERE DID THEY GO?

And yea Lawrence KS is NOT Kansas City!!!

MikeConnor123 09-29-2012 02:19 PM

how was the turnout for this? i was bummed it was the same night as morbid angel

mankvill 09-29-2012 02:37 PM

[QUOTE=Salvation_for_Sale;490807]Fortunately I am going to make it to this show. But yea, Missouri seems to be a huge fucking black hole for metal shows. WHERE DID THEY GO?

And yea Lawrence KS is NOT Kansas City!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's better! :D

Salvation_for_Sale 09-29-2012 04:41 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;490851]Yeah, it's better! :D[/QUOTE]Lawrence is pretty rad, but the cops are such assholes out there! I've seen many fine shows in Lawrence.. and ladies as well!

christopher 09-29-2012 10:59 PM

I may just hit this tour up. Depends on how my school work is going on Oct 29th...

leglessmoof 09-30-2012 07:06 AM

[QUOTE=MikeConnor123;490845]how was the turnout for this? i was bummed it was the same night as morbid angel[/QUOTE]

The venue (The Barbary) holds 200 people according to their Facebook page. The show appeared to be well attended, but it wasn't packed to capacity or anything like that.

The singer from Skeletonwitch did mention that we had a lot of choices that night, and thanked us for choosing their show.