WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Devin Townsend Project -- Montreal, Quebec -- September 20th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21442)

HugeRockStar 09-21-2012 05:52 AM

Devin Townsend Project -- Montreal, Quebec -- September 20th, 2012

Devin's set was kind of short due to the strict curfew, the bar turns into a dance club at 11:00. Walking out after the show was interesting with all the sweaty metalheads passing by the dance club people lol. Devin was amazing as always, can't wait for another headline tour. There was this fan who was holding up a Ziltoid puppet the whole show, and Devin pointed him out and said 'This guy is not getting laid tonight!' haha.

First time seeing Katatonia and I was pretty impressed. The vocals were awesome, exactly the same as on record. Very tight too, great drummer.

Paradise Lost was not my thing, I keep hearing about how great these guys are, they pretty much bored me. No stage presence, and slow typical riffs. Meh.

I heard most of Stolen Babies in the hallway in line trying to get in, but they sounded really cool. Caught their last song, I'd check em out more.

Katatonia:

Dead Letters
Buildings
The Longest Year
Deliberation
My Twin
The Racing Heart
Lethean
Teargas
Deadhouse
Evidence
July
Day and the Shade
Forsaker
Leaders

Devin Townsend Project:

Seventh Wave
Regulator
Where We Belong
War
Planet of the Apes
Kingdom
Supercrush
Juular
Lucky Animals
Grace
Bad Devil

VoidFlame 09-21-2012 06:31 AM

Damn, you beat me by a few minutes :lol:

HugeRockStar 09-21-2012 06:34 AM

Haha always gotta race you for the Montreal shows :p

es156 09-21-2012 06:40 AM

It is not a problem to have more than one thread for the same show, as long as it is not just a set list. You don't have to post your review in a thread created by someone else.

bigguytoo9 09-21-2012 11:46 AM

hmmmmmmm the Katatonia set is much better then earlier on in the tour. Walking By A Wire though was sick!!! I like the inclusion of Deadhouse :D

kevouellet 09-21-2012 11:52 AM

[QUOTE=HugeRockStar;489262] There was this fan who was holding up a Ziltoid puppet the whole show, and Devin pointed him out and said 'This guy is not getting laid tonight!' haha.[/QUOTE]

That was me! I didn't understand what he was saying because of the shitty sound in the front... that's hilarious!

It was such an amazing show last night and an excellent list of songs from both headliners. Only bummer is I lost my Ziltoid puppet after the show, but drunken me ordered another one online immediatly after coming home ;)

HugeRockStar 09-21-2012 03:09 PM

[QUOTE=kevouellet;489358]That was me! I didn't understand what he was saying because of the shitty sound in the front... that's hilarious!

It was such an amazing show last night and an excellent list of songs from both headliners. Only bummer is I lost my Ziltoid puppet after the show, but drunken me ordered another one online immediatly after coming home ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL cool man! Sucks you lost it though, I was hoping they would be selling them again I actually planned on buying one myself, guess I'll have to order it.

Coma323 09-25-2012 11:44 AM

[QUOTE=bigguytoo9;489357] Walking By A Wire though was sick!!! I like the inclusion of Deadhouse :D[/QUOTE]
Walking By a Wire fuckin KILLS live.
Only song I'd add to the set from earlier in the tour is Hypnone.