WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   YOB -- Phoenix, AZ -- September 18th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21435)

isaiaskorn 09-20-2012 12:37 PM

YOB -- Phoenix, AZ -- September 18th, 2012

Oh ... doom metal never disappoints !!
Awesome show ! hands down for these guys . This is my second time seeing them last time the set was a bit longer but this time was just epic nailing every note on each song . I got there a little bit early And got *to see NORSKA *(YOB 's bass player plays in it ) it was the third band of the night , they were good *their set was about 40 minutes I *don't have the set list since I'm not very familiar with their music.

YOB *started at 11 pm , they were supposed to play for 2 hours but they play 1:45 mts, The opening song was "ball of molten lead" great opener sets the mood for the entire night *I believe they are opening with "prepare *the ground " or "burning the altar" . I was really looking *forward *to hear "ATMA" I don't really know if they are playing it *but, they put up an amazing show everytime *, my brother went to the Chicago date and he recorded the show they were *as *epic there * too!!!*
Mike was selling *the merch (they didn't have shirts only cd's and LPs)
I talked to all of them ,great guys very humble dudes they signed all my CDs!! :party:
I asked mike if they were ready for the next record and he said that they *just want to tour Atma a little bit more and then they'll go back for another one, However I asked the same to Travis (drummer ) and he said that they have a couple songs on the works nothing finished but that they will definitely will keep the ball rolling.*

Here it is:*

1 . Ball of molten Lead:party:
2. Prepare the Ground:rocker:
3. A Drift in the Ocean:horns:
4. Upon the sight of the other Shore:allan:
5. Burning the Altar:blaze:
6. Quantum Mystic:rocker:

street_burial 09-20-2012 12:40 PM

inb4format

hot_turkey_ed 09-20-2012 01:22 PM

[QUOTE=street_burial;489042]inb4format[/QUOTE]

It was a good effort at least... and fixed. Give a brother with 14 posts a break imo.

:allan:

smearCampaign 09-20-2012 01:27 PM

I was hoping to hear Upon The Sight Of The Other Shore this past Sunday in Austin, but they didn't play it. I think it's the only track from Atma that I haven't heard live. Lucky you.

They are so crushingly heavy. :rocker: I chatted with Mike for 5 minutes or so before any bands played in Austin, he's really friendly and was down to talk music. I was swamped with work this week and didn't have a chance to write up a review for the show.

The Cormorant set in Austin was: Scavenger's Feast, Funambulist, and Unearthly Dreamings

Sepultura69 09-20-2012 05:54 PM

Thank you for the review. This is getting me excited for tonight. I really hope they bust out "Ball of Molten Lead", and "Grasping Air" at our show tonight. :cool:

isaiaskorn 09-20-2012 08:14 PM

[QUOTE=hot_turkey_ed;489054]It was a good effort at least... and fixed. Give a brother with 14 posts a break imo.

:allan:[/QUOTE]

???
I didn't know there was a certain way to submit your set lists ....
I like the site I have been following for a while now, I only post when I go to a show that I feel people really Dont talk about as much, or something unusual happens ... Even Sometimes I don't really have the time to post it .
I Just hope this site does not become BLABBERMOUTH!

isaiaskorn 09-20-2012 08:17 PM

[QUOTE=Wizard in Black 666;489155]Thank you for the review. This is getting me excited for tonight. I really hope they bust out "Ball of Molten Lead", and "Grasping Air" at our show tonight. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they are going to slay once more!!!
I hope they play something special for the crowd!:rocker: