WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Favorite Video Game Console (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21426)

Sepultura69 09-19-2012 03:53 PM

Favorite Video Game Console?(Can only choose two)

Sega Dreamcast for me baby

2nd being Nintendo 64, goddamn do I have some beautiful memories with these two consoles.

Although I can't deny that i have had some pretty rad moments with my ps2, xbox and gamecube.

Too bad I don't own consoles anymore, but it's always nice to chat it up about my past gaming nerd-hey days :(

street_burial 09-19-2012 04:08 PM

>console thread

>doesnt mention gameboys or ds's

:hmm:

N64 and Playstation

treghet 09-19-2012 04:08 PM

Sega Genesis and Nintendo 64 were both a big part of my childhood. When I started going to the YMCA in kindergarten they had a Sega Genesis and I loved it. I would play Sonic games for as long as I could. Everybody had a time limit for playing, but I would get people to give me their time. :D I didn't get a Sega Genesis for myself until much later though. My first game console was actually N64. Banjo and Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, F-Zero X, Duke Nukem, and of course, Mario Kart were some of my favorites. Thinking about this kind of makes me want to play some of them again.

Sepultura69 09-19-2012 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=street_burial;488859]>console thread

>doesnt mention gameboys or ds's

:hmm:

N64 and Playstation[/QUOTE]

gameboys and DS are Handheld, buddy ;)

[QUOTE=street_burial;488859]>console thread

N64 and Playstation[/QUOTE]

Fuck yes :fist:

[QUOTE=treghet;488861]Sega Genesis and Nintendo 64 were both a big part of my childhood. When I started going to the YMCA in kindergarten they had a Sega Genesis and I loved it. I would play Sonic games for as long as I could. Everybody had a time limit for playing, but I would get people to give me their time. :D I didn't get a Sega Genesis for myself until much later though. My first game console was actually N64. Banjo and Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, F-Zero X, Duke Nukem, and of course, Mario Kart were some of my favorites. Thinking about this kind of makes me want to play some of them again.[/QUOTE]

This too :fist:

John The Drummer 09-19-2012 04:12 PM

Super Nintendo and PS2 for me! :rocker:

Super Nintendo is what I was raised on. I would play it before and after school every day. Ken Griffey Jr: MLB is still the best baseball game ever! I always look for SNES consoles on Amazon wanting to re-buy it, maybe one day I will be able to relive my past!

Notable Games:
- Batman Returns
- Megaman X series
- KG Jr: MLB
- Donkey Kong series
- Super Mario World
- Mortal Kombat series
- Legend of Zelda : A Link to the Past

Then there is the PS2, not only did it come out on my birthday, but backwords compatiable with every PS1 game!? YES PLEASE! This system seriously revolutionized video games for me, and made me truely love spending hours upon hours doing nothing but shooting people or slaying dragons. My friend would bring his over when we would have sleep overs, I'd bust out the second TV, and we would just game all night!

Notable Games:
- MGS2 & 3
- WWF (yes, F) Smackdown series
- GTA series
- Final Fantasy X (and VII a lot, thnx Backwords compatibility!)
- Frequency
- THPS series

I miss those days of gaming :(
Everything now just is not as enjoyable as the old systems, and honestly, I blame achievements/trophies.
I was a late bloomer for getting into N64 as well. The only games I really ever played a lot were the WWF games as well as Goldeneye, but only at my friends. Wish I could play all the classics on their original console.

Sepultura69 09-19-2012 04:12 PM

[QUOTE=treghet;488861]When I started going to the YMCA in kindergarten they had a Sega Genesis and I loved it..[/QUOTE]

I discovered SNES through YMCA when I was in kindergarden. The game in the console happened to be a Link To the Past.... How funny.. :lol:

mankvill 09-19-2012 04:12 PM

As far as my favorite, its gotta be xbox 360. I've gamed more on that console in the time I've had it than any other. Second is n64 because there were so many unique but still fun games in that era.

As far as the best console I've had - Dreamcast. Best ratio of good games to games made by far.

Sepultura69 09-19-2012 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;488866]

As far as the best console I've had - Dreamcast. Best ratio of good games to games made by far.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY. That is why I loved my Sega Dreamcast so much! Shenmue, Jet Grind Radio, Sonic Adventures, so many classic titles. The line up of exclusive games for the Dreamcast was just stellar, and ahead of its time, especially Shenmue! I still remember all the epic times i had with Jet Grind Radio, House of The dead II, Shenmue, ect. good times, good times..

Carry on folks, carry on :D

treghet 09-19-2012 04:18 PM

I loved Dreamcast too, mostly because of Demolition Racer. It was how I got into Fear Factory. :cool:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMmYWJGjNO0[/url]

DementedX14 09-19-2012 04:36 PM

Super Nintendo FTW!!

Notable Games:
- Megaman X series
- King of the Monsters 2
- Kirby Super Star
- Donkey Kong series
- Super Mario World
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
- Super Castlevania IV
- Super Mario Kart