WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Nightwish -- New York, NY -- September 15th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21384)

SerpentineVIVIVI 09-16-2012 09:31 AM

Nightwish -- New York, NY -- September 15th, 2012

[U][B]Nightwish[/B][/U]
1. Storytime
2. Wish I Had An Angel
3. Amaranth
4. Planet Hell
5. The Siren
6. Slow, Love, Slow
7. I Want My Tears Back
8. The Islander
9. Nemo (Acoustic)
10. Last Of The Wilds
11. Escapist
12. Ghost River
13. Higher Than Hope
14. Over the Hills And Far Away
15. Song Of Myself
16. Last Ride Of The Day
[I]Imaginaerum [Outro][/I]

[B][U]Kamelot[/U][/B]
1. Ghost Opera
2. Soul Society
3. Center Of The Universe
4. Karma
5. EdenEcho
6. Sacrimony (Angel Of Afterlife)
7. Forever
8. March Of Mephisto

I'm skeptical on the Nightwish set, don't recall if Higher Than Hope was actually played. Other than that it's good. Elize Ryd and the frontwoman for The Agonist guested on a few Kaemlot songs. Kamelot's sound was awful, very muddy and poorly mixed. Nightwish sounded excellent.

tenchimyo 09-16-2012 02:07 PM

surprised that Kamelot sounded bad... :(

Sanitarium78 09-16-2012 05:50 PM

I'm guessing that since Higher Than Hope was played at the show before this, there's a good chance it was played here to. But since you went to the show, that's your job to know not mine;) I've heard that Anette sounds amazing singing that one.

I don't get why they dropped The Crow, The Owl and The Dove and are still doing The Islander? The bird song is a much better choice and they're not supporting DPP now, it's time to put The Islander to rest. It's cool to see The Escapist get played but since it was a b-side and was only released on the live album they came out with, I wonder how many people actually know the song? At least it's a better choice than when they played While Your Lips Are Still Red the last time I saw them. Talk about putting a crowd to sleep, at least The Escapist rocks and won't do that.

TheNobleFaceHumper 09-16-2012 06:17 PM

Kamelot sounded great on Monday.

TheNobleFaceHumper 09-16-2012 06:19 PM

That's also a pathetic Kamelot setlist, they should be getting a longer set.

Sanitarium78 09-16-2012 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=TheNobleFaceHumper;488316]That's also a pathetic Kamelot setlist, they should be getting a longer set.[/QUOTE]

They're the opener and they're getting like 40 mins. What else were you expecting?

TheNobleFaceHumper 09-16-2012 09:00 PM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;488317]They're the opener and they're getting like 40 mins. What else were you expecting?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a co-headlining tour. Still if it's just 2 bands I figured they'd get 50-60 minutes

Sanitarium78 09-17-2012 05:08 AM

[QUOTE=TheNobleFaceHumper;488341]I thought it was a co-headlining tour. Still if it's just 2 bands I figured they'd get 50-60 minutes[/QUOTE]

Nope, Nightwish does it the old school way. Only one opener and they get about 40-45 mins and then the headliner comes on and give you a real headlining show that lasts about 1hr and 45mins. More bands need to get back to this. Enough with all these package tours that have too many fuckin bands on them. Quality over quantity is the way to go.

Maiden33 09-17-2012 07:49 AM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;488375]Nope, Nightwish does it the old school way. Only one opener and they get about 40-45 mins and then the headliner comes on and give you a real headlining show that lasts about 1hr and 45mins. More bands need to get back to this. Enough with all these package tours that have too many fuckin bands on them. Quality over quantity is the way to go.[/QUOTE]

While I agree that package tours need to stop and that headliners should really BE headliners... I still think Kamelot should be playing a little longer. Considering they can headline a US tour on their own and have so much material to represent, I think an hour would have been totally justified. Not at the expense of Nightwish's time, but just in addition to it. Especially considering I'm pretty sure the grand majority of people going to this tour are there for both bands.

TheNobleFaceHumper 09-17-2012 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=Maiden33;488394]While I agree that package tours need to stop and that headliners should really BE headliners... I still think Kamelot should be playing a little longer. Considering they can headline a US tour on their own and have so much material to represent, I think an hour would have been totally justified. Not at the expense of Nightwish's time, but just in addition to it. Especially considering I'm pretty sure the grand majority of people going to this tour are there for both bands.[/QUOTE]

I know a lot of people including myself that would be going just for Kamelot, don't think we will now though.