WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Misinformation and Propaganda (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Wendy Dio Re-marries (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21359)

ravenheart 09-13-2012 02:33 PM

Wendy Dio Re-marries

RONNIE JAMES DIO's widow and former manager, Wendy Dio, has remarried boyfriend Omar Gimenez at a private ceremony that was held in Montecito, California this past Sunday, September 9th.

Dio's good friend and maid of honour Gloria Butler (BLACK SABBATH bassist Geezer Butler's wife) remarked about the event:
"I couldn’t imagine, at my age, being part of a wedding party…never mind learning how to be a maid of honor. Well, not only did I manage to survive the entire ordeal…I thoroughly enjoyed being part of a truly wonderful event. In my next life; I’ll surely be weddingologist. This is a new field that I’ve either invented or perfected…that being a wedding planner and psychologist all in one!

The wedding was in Santa Barbara. I had been to one other wedding, not only in the same city; but the same venue. What a difference….this one was full of beauty and love and happiness. The other was full of egg shells (that most of us walked on the entire evening), judgement, and dread.

Being somebody that can’t publicaly speak terribly well and somebody that hates to read out loud; I managed to give a speech that was written only four hours prior to the wedding. According to my audience, I pulled it off really nicely and even got a good laugh (thank goodness that was the intent).

I wish Wendy and Omar a lifetime of love and happiness…the same love and happiness they showed their guests that night."

ravenheart 09-13-2012 02:33 PM

Seriously? Barely two years...

anomynous 09-13-2012 02:38 PM

Not to mention how she's blatantly milking RJD's legacy, and denies it every chance she gets.

brutal_descent 09-13-2012 02:59 PM

Thanks, Perez Hilton ;)

rjturtle9 09-13-2012 03:00 PM

Well, that sucks.

hot_turkey_ed 09-13-2012 03:08 PM

Before this thread gets silly.. more than meets the eye on this story.

From I'm reading elsewhere... this isn't a case of married for 20 years, husband dies, widow re-marries two years later. Reads like they got married, then separated with the wife still managing husband's music career. Otherwise, living separate lives. It may not be a straight up case of "two years omg so soon."

Honestly, not sure of details... personally, I don't care and won't be researching. Only posting as a heads up before people start making shit up.

:allan:

Sanitarium78 09-13-2012 03:39 PM

It's not that big of a deal honestly. Regardless of what the details really are, some people recover from the grieving process of losing a spouse by getting married again. It gives them new hope and a reason to keep going.

ravenheart 09-13-2012 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;487803]It's not that big of a deal honestly. Regardless of what the details really are, some people recover from the grieving process of losing a spouse by getting married again. It gives them new hope and a reason to keep going.[/QUOTE]

All well and good, but they probably don't do it while exploiting their dead spouse's life's work in order to never work again...

Alduin 09-13-2012 04:35 PM

SHES A WITCH!!! BUUUUUUUURRRRRN HER! BUUUURRRRRNNN HERRRRR!:mad::flame:

dcmetal108 09-13-2012 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=Alduin;487818]SHES A WITCH!!! BUUUUUUUURRRRRN HER! BUUUURRRRRNNN HERRRRR!:mad::flame:[/QUOTE]

:lol: