WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Primordial -- Chicago, IL -- September 7th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21319)

Frankthetank727 09-08-2012 01:19 AM

Primordial -- Chicago, IL -- September 7th, 2012

First time seeing Primordial and Alan has become one of my favorite live frontmen I have ever seen. He doesn't just sing--he plays the part, and he performs from beginning to end without letting up. The band had tons of energy and played a stellar setlist with some surprises, giving us a 2 hour show. The only negative point was that the show wasn't as crowded as I thought it would have been, and the crowd response was pretty weak for most of the night.

[B][U]Setlist:[/U][/B]

1. No Grave Deep Enough
2. Gods to the Godless
3. As Rome Burns
4. Lain with the Wolf
5. The Burning Season
6. The Mouth of Judas
7. Heathen Tribes
8. Bloodied Yet Unbowed
9. The Coffin Ships
10. Gallows Hymn
11. Sons of the Morrigan
12. Empire Falls

GarageMetal468 09-08-2012 06:45 AM

And he drinks Jack Daniels like its water! This was a damn good show, 2 hours of Primordial was something I wasn't expecting! Cormorant were fucking awesome too. Arthur says hi to everyone on here!

Natrlhi 09-08-2012 07:55 AM

Wow. That sounds tits. I actually might be able to go see this tonight. I've not listened to Primordial much until recently, but I'm liking their sound quite a bit these days. The clean vocals were a bit off-putting at first, but they're starting to grow on me. The rest of the music is just awesome. I could see how they might be a great band to see live.

Plus...Cormorant. Fuck yes. Hope I can work it out.

Thanks for posting. Anybody know the Cormorant set? Even partial info would be nice to know.

illuminatus917 09-08-2012 09:14 AM

[QUOTE=Natrlhi;486677]

Thanks for posting. Anybody know the Cormorant set? Even partial info would be nice to know.[/QUOTE]

Kalfitegrdan was going to this show, I'll bet he has it. If he would be so kind as to post it for us...

RAZOR 09-08-2012 10:16 AM

[QUOTE=Natrlhi;486677]Wow. That sounds tits. I actually might be able to go see this tonight. I've not listened to Primordial much until recently, but I'm liking their sound quite a bit these days. The clean vocals were a bit off-putting at first, but they're starting to grow on me. The rest of the music is just awesome. I could see how they might be a great band to see live.

Thanks for posting. Anybody know the Cormorant set? Even partial info would be nice to know.[/QUOTE]

Dude, message me if you're going tonight, I'll be there! It'd be great to see you again.

kalfitegrdan 09-08-2012 01:02 PM

[QUOTE=illuminatus917;486689]Kalfitegrdan was going to this show, I'll bet he has it. If he would be so kind as to post it for us...[/QUOTE]

I suck at recognizing songs live. Sorry. :eyes:

jagbag 09-08-2012 01:34 PM

Cormorant's Set:

Scavengers Feast
Funambulist
Blood On The Cornfields
Two Brothers
Unearthly Dreamings

They told me they have 2 sets for this tour. It's essentially just switching out 3 of these songs at any given time. The band sounded great.

illuminatus917 09-08-2012 01:48 PM

[QUOTE=jagbag;486730]Cormorant's Set:

Scavengers Feast
Funambulist
Blood On The Cornfields
Two Brothers
Unearthly Dreamings

They told me they have 2 sets for this tour. It's essentially just switching out 3 of these songs at any given time. The band sounded great.[/QUOTE]

:bliss: I like this set so much, I hope they keep it for Charlotte.

HackedUpForBBQ 09-08-2012 04:20 PM

Can't wait to see this tomorrow night with Macabre on the bill as well! Sounds like Primordial really puts on a good show

Natrlhi 09-08-2012 08:43 PM

Yeah, that Cormorant set does seem pretty decent. Looks like about 40 minutes, then. That's cool. Sorry I won't be seeing this after all.

@ Razor: I already posted in the other thread, but again, I'm bummed I missed you guys as well as Primordial and Cormorant. It just wasn't in the cards for me tonight. :(