WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Katatonia -- Seattle, WA -- September 4th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21300)

John The Drummer 09-05-2012 04:37 PM

Katatonia -- Seattle, WA -- September 4th, 2012

[I]Sorry, no setlists as of right now, I am really bad with song titles :([/I]

So I was really up in the air on whether or not to go to this show. I enjoy Katatonia and Devin Townsend, but haven't heard a whole lot from either Paradise Lost or Stolen Babies. I figured this show would be a great one to sell tickets to Korpiklaani at, and it would be nice to see Katatonia and Devin again, so I said F IT, IMMA GO!

The time on the ticket read "Doors at 6:30", so I arrived at 5:45 so I could have time to get food and enjoy all of the bands, just in case they started them when doors opened. When I showed up to Studio 7, I was greated with a decent amount of people already lined up outside, but I didn't think much of it, and walked around the block to the local sandwich shop. After enjoying my Italian Meat Trio, I left the deli.... only to run into a GIANT FUCKING LINE THAT WENT ALL THE WAY AROUND THE BUILDING (maybe not that big... but it was a big line). I hate lines, so I stood outside.

At about 6:50 they started letting the huge line into the venue, and at 7:00 Stolen Babies started. There was no way I would get inside to catch them, so I stood outside with a few friends and listened to their set.

To be completely honest, [B]Stolen Babies[/B] kicked ass! They are definitely an odd band, but if you listen to it with an open mind, you will enjoy it. I wish I could have SEEN them, but oh well, shit happens. The line finally came to an end as Stolen Babies started their last song, but I was too caught up in visiting to make it in, but as I said, they sounded great from outside.

After the set I made it inside to catch a band I was quite inerested in seeing, [B]Paradise Lost[/B]. Paradise Lost has always been a band I wanted to get into, but never knew where to start, or what was good from them, so I was ready to see what was up. I have really only heard their song "Say Just Words", which I fucking love, and they ended their set with that. HOWEVER, I was not into their singers tone. From the songs I had heard, he had a very deep and gloomy voice.... but at the show, his tone was extremely high, and almost sounded like he had a bad cold (Think Devin Townsend, but super nasily). The music was still there, and the guitarist on the far right was hilarious to watch, it looked as if he was chopping wood, or just having a seizure.

[B][U]Set from the Vancouver show, looks about right[/U][/B]
The Enemy
Honesty in Death
As I Die
Tragic Idol
Forever Failure
One Second
Say Just Words

Next up was to many, the man of the night, [B]DEVIN TOWNSEND[/B]! The venue was packed (a lot of underage kids too, which was cool to see) and Devin took the stage in all his dress suit glory... as well as a Burger King crown. He is still just as sarcastic and entertaining as ever. He played a lot of newer songs off of his newest album, [I]Epicloud[/I], which I was unfamiliar with, but they were great live. During an acoustic intro Devin exclaimed "ALRIGHT SEATTLE! LETS TURN THIS INTO A WHITE LION CONCERT!" and got everyone to hold up their lighters, and wave their arms back and forth :lol: . His set last night definitely ranks up with one of the best live sets I have ever seen, and will definitely go into my "Best Live Bands" list.

[U][B]Possibly incomplete and out of order set[/B][/U]
More!
Kingdom
Regulator
Planet of the Apes
Where We Belong
War
Vampira
Lucky Animals
Liberation
Grace

After Devin's set, about half the crowd left, and Katatonia began to set up. It was very unfortunate that the crowd was so small now, but oh well. It took Katatonia a long time to set up, and it was getting late. I thought that it would be hard for any band to play AFTER Hevy Devy.

Finally, [B]Katatonia[/B] took the stage around 11:15 I would say (maybe more closer to 11:00) and began with a song I was unfamiliar with :eyes: . The thing with Katatonia, I enjoy them, but am not familiar with a majority of their songs. As I mentioned, it would be hard to follow an act such as Devin Townsend, but for the two songs I heard, Katatonia did it very well and seemed FAR more energetic than last time I saw them, nearly two years ago.

[B][U]Incomplete and out of order[/U][/B]
The Longest Year
Deliberation
My Twin
Teargas
Walking by a Wire
Sleeper
Forsaker

So yes, it was a great show all around, and Devin Townsend is an absolute riot on this tour! I wish I could have caught more Katatonia, but obviously being rested for work and band practice is more of a priority for me :(

[B][U]MERCH[/U][/B]
I believe all of the T-Shirts were $20.
Ziltoid Hand Puppet was $20
Girlie Katatonia shirt was $25 (More than the TSHIRTS!? :mad: )
Katatonia & DTP Lanyards were $??
Paradise Lost hoodie was $40
Devin Townsend "Epicloud" was $15 I believe, and the special edition was $20
Katatonia's new album on vinyl was around $40ish and the special edition of that was $70.
That's all I can remember :rocker:

makethemsuffer12 09-05-2012 05:06 PM

[LIST][*]Saw thread title[*]Went "OH BOY DEVIN SET"[*]Opened thread[*]Fuck[/LIST]

Impaledonafence3 09-05-2012 06:41 PM

Damn, I was like "Oh finally!", then no sets :(

HugeRockStar 09-05-2012 07:26 PM

[QUOTE=makethemsuffer12;486128][LIST][*]Saw thread title[*]Went "OH BOY DEVIN SET"[*]Opened thread[*]Fuck[/LIST][/QUOTE]

Yup lol, I read on a youtube comment somewhere that he played Planet of the Apes.

If he's selling the new album at these already, means it's gonna leak any day now.

BloodoftheKings 09-05-2012 07:37 PM

[QUOTE=HugeRockStar;486172]Yup lol, I read on a youtube comment somewhere that he played Planet of the Apes.
[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ha0vnbOa1rwzsbso4_250.gif[/IMG]

RAZOR 09-05-2012 07:45 PM

...and here I was, all excited to finally see the setlists. :bouville:

HugeRockStar 09-05-2012 08:23 PM

Devin setlist from the Hevy Devy forums:

More!
Kingdom
Regulator
Planet of the Apes
Where We Belong
War
Lucky Animals
Liberation
Grace

makethemsuffer12 09-05-2012 08:32 PM

[QUOTE=HugeRockStar;486185]Devin setlist from the Hevy Devy forums:

More!
Kingdom
Regulator
Planet of the Apes
Where We Belong
War
Lucky Animals
Liberation
Grace[/QUOTE]

Dang, that's a lot of Epicloud. Planet of the Apes and War are definitely standouts though. And I'm sure Grace sounds epic live.

BloodoftheKings 09-05-2012 09:29 PM

If Epicloud isn't mind blowlingly awesome this set will be very disappointing.

stylesclash516 09-05-2012 10:01 PM

At this point I would almost kill to see the Paradise Lost set.

bigguytoo9 09-06-2012 01:09 AM

I just saw this show in Vancouver. No cd's available at all from any band. Katatonia's set included (out of order, might be missing one)

3-4 new songs including the title track (dont know the new cd well enough yet)
Longest Year
Deliberation
My Twin
Teargas
Walking By A Wire
Sleeper
Forsaker

I dont remember the Devin setlist very well but it included:

Grace
Planet Of The Apes
Regulator
Juular
Bad Devil
Vampira
Animals song??? new one I think
Jet??

it's totally out of order and missing tracks but I know Regulator was like track 2-3 and Bad Devil closed. Vampira was near the end too.

MPF 09-06-2012 01:21 AM

[QUOTE=bigguytoo9;486233]I just saw this show in Vancouver. No cd's available at all from any band. Katatonia's set included (out of order, might be missing one)

3-4 new songs including the title track (dont know the new cd well enough yet)
Longest Year
Deliberation
My Twin
Teargas
Walking By A Wire
Sleeper
Forsaker

Grace
Planet Of The Apes
Regulator
Juular
Bad Devil
Vampira
Jet??

it's totally out of order and missing tracks but I know Regulator was like track 2-3 and Bad Devil closed. Vampira was near the end too.[/QUOTE]

Damn thats a bit of a different Dev set.. I can't possibly imagine what Jet would be really. All I can think is that it was either Life, War....or if god loves me....STORM.

makethemsuffer12 09-06-2012 04:52 AM

[QUOTE=bigguytoo9;486233]

Grace
Planet Of The Apes
Regulator
Juular
Bad Devil
Vampira
Jet??

it's totally out of order and missing tracks but I know Regulator was like track 2-3 and Bad Devil closed. Vampira was near the end too.[/QUOTE]
Now that's a better set. I really hope we get Bad Devil, War, and Vampira in NYC.

VelvetHarry 09-06-2012 05:19 AM

dude.. War?? so awesome.. but from my experience Dev changes his set quite a bit throughout a tour, especially when headlining/co-headlining.. can't wait to see what we get in Philly!

John The Drummer 09-06-2012 12:12 PM

[QUOTE=bigguytoo9;486233]

Grace
Planet Of The Apes
Regulator
Juular
Bad Devil
Vampira
Jet??
.[/QUOTE]

You got Juular?! We didn't :(

bigguytoo9 09-06-2012 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=John The Drummer;486367]You got Juular?! We didn't :([/QUOTE]
It was pretty fantastic man.

John The Drummer 09-06-2012 03:34 PM

[QUOTE=bigguytoo9;486403]It was pretty fantastic man.[/QUOTE]

:finger2: :lol:

That songs kicks ass, I saw him perform it when I saw him on the COB tour (as a back up song :confused:), but damnit, this show would have been amazing since, as said, he was on fire.

John The Drummer 09-06-2012 04:34 PM

OK! I added some sets. Although they aren't the most helpful as they are mostly incomplete/out of order/incorrect possibly, it's better than nothing!