WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Slaughter By the Water 2012 -- Alameda, CA -- August 25th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21228)

Onioner 08-26-2012 03:09 AM

Slaughter By the Water 2012 -- Alameda, CA -- August 25th, 2012

Slaughter by the Water was real fun, I'll have a few setlists for you all in the morning. Real laidback vibe to the whole show, the Exodudes were all hanging out (every one of them casually walked by me at least a few times throughout the day), Chris Reifert was EVERYWHERE, the poor Impaled guys were bored out of their skulls all day and night, the Fog of War dudes were real fun to hang with throughout the day, Chuck Billy spent literally all his time at the show posing for photos and didn't turn down a single one, Scott Kelly's acoustic set was really great and dude was amazingly cool to talk to and just a really humble guy in general. The three interviews I did all went relatively well, but the Impaled interview is pure gold- Ross Sewage is honestly one of the naturally funniest people I've ever met.

Also Chris Reifert's family is fucking adorable. They were selling Autopsy shirts or hanging out with him all day. I bought a shirt from his son who couldn't have been older than like 8 and I asked him and his mom if they were related to anyone in the band and he got super excited and said "Yeah my daddy's the drummer!" I told him that his dad was a boss and went my merry way.

Fog of War are still one of the Bay's most of awesome live thrash acts, and they're really great guys on top it. A killer set as always from them. They had 8 songs rehearsed and ready to go and were prepared to have their set cut- they played for about 15-20 minutes so I know their time got a cut at least a little bit.

1. No Evacuation
2. The Glow
3. Victims of Progress
4. They Live, We Sleep

Witchaven were fun as always, but the kind of muddy sound didn't really do them any favors. They were definitely a lot better when I saw them with Vektor and Exmortus a few months back, although this certainly wasn't due to the performance being any less great. I do believe they had a song or two cut as well.

1. Skinned Alive
2. Terrorstorm
3. A.D.D.
4. Blasphemous Cunt
5. Black Thrash Assault
6. Empty Chasm

Impaled were awesome as hell, and I'm really happy I finally got to see them. Ross is a total animal onstage. Their set was pretty short though, so that was a bit of a bummer. Those guys had been there since 9 A.M. and they all pretty much just wandered around for the entire day bored out of their minds.

1. G.O.R.E.
2. Masters of Ordure
3. Spirits of the Dead
4. Gorenography
5. Up the Dose

My buddy and I went to the outside stage to see Scott Kelly's acoustic set. It was really cool, and a nice break from the metal. I don't have a setlist since I'm really unfamiliar with his solo stuff. There must have only been a handful of people including myself who were genuinely there for him, and he was happy to talk to me and my friend for a bit afterwards. So a few things, Neurosis will be touring the west coast and other places in the fall, Matt Pike has been out of rehab for a month and a half, and Shrinebuilder has another album written but they can't find the time to record it.

I then went back up to the boat to catch the last half or so of Autopsy's set. I figured seeing Scott Kelly would be a more rare occasion than seeing Autopsy, so I didn't mind that I missed some of their set. I don't know Absu at all, so I really didn't care that I missed their set either. I believe Autopsy got to play their full hour- the openers were all cut so the headliners could get full sets. Here's the written setlist.

1. Charred Remains
2. Severed Survival
3. Pagan Savior
4. Embalmed
5. Dead
6. Voices
7. Slaughterday
8. Seeds of the Doomed
9. Mauled to Death
10. Gasping for Air
11. Ridden With Disease
12. Twisted Mass of Burnt Decay

Philm were really fucking weird. Seeing Dave Lombardo drum is always a treat, but this is a weird fucking band. Most of the audience didn't seem too into the set.

Exodus were great as always- it was Gary and Lee on guitar. Gary told me he wanted Rick to play too but he was just busy today and couldn't show up to the show. Gary had some guitar issues before A Lesson In Violence, it stopped the show for a good 10 or 15 minutes. Toxic Waltz was cut for sure according to a friend of mine who saw the setlist, and I wouldn't be surprised if War is My Shepherd was cut as well. Still a ton of fun though. I'll post a couple more sets when I get home, typing this from my phone is a pain haha.

1. Ballad of Leonard and Charles
2. Beyond the Pale
3. Scar Spangled Banner
4. Children of a Worthless God
5. Piranha
6. Deathamphetamine
7. Blacklist
8. A Lesson in Violence
9. Iconoclasm
10. Bonded By Blood
11. Strike of the Beast

brutal_descent 08-26-2012 03:16 AM

This is gonna be good :D

Here's Abysmal Dawn and Impaled's setlists, found them on setlist.fm:

Programmed to Consume
My Own Savior
Rapture Renowned
Perpetual Dormancy
In Service of Time

G.O.R.E.
Spirits of the Dead
Gorenography
Up the Dose

They might be incomplete for all I know.

Spiner202 08-26-2012 04:08 AM

Sounds like a great time! Slaughter By The Water is one show I've always wanted to go to. Autopsy and Exodus would be amazing as headliners there.

What was the guitar situation like for Exodus? Was it Gary, Rick, or both playing?

anomynous 08-26-2012 10:58 AM

Gary was definitely there

Onioner 08-26-2012 03:54 PM

Alright, I updated the first post with a few sets. I'll add my review for Metal Assault when it's up, and I'll put the interviews I did in that interviews thread when they're done.

treghet 08-26-2012 04:13 PM

Sounds like a great time. Sucks that Impaled only played 5 songs though. :(

BloodoftheKings 08-26-2012 04:24 PM

[QUOTE=Onioner;484287]
Philm were really fucking weird. Seeing Dave Lombardo drum is always a treat, but this is a weird fucking band. Most of the audience didn't seem too into the set.
[/QUOTE]

It still baffles me that they were on this lineup. They're music isn't very weird at all but I could imagine i'd be pretty weirded out to if a post hardcore band came on in between Exodus and Autopsy.

treghet 08-26-2012 04:26 PM

Yeah, Philm really shouldn't have been on there, let alone so high on the lineup.

christopher 08-26-2012 05:03 PM

[QUOTE=Onioner;484287]Shrinebuilder has another album written but they can't find the time to record it.[/QUOTE]

This makes me a sad panda :(

Onioner 08-26-2012 05:10 PM

[QUOTE=christopher;484360]This makes me a sad panda :([/QUOTE]

You and me both friend. :(