WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fozzy -- St. Louis, MO -- August 21st, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21202)

Rob 08-22-2012 07:58 PM

Fozzy -- St. Louis, MO -- August 21st, 2012

Fozzy played a headlining show last night in St. Louis. The Uproar tour was in St. Louis on Sunday, but that was also the day of WWE Summerslam where Jericho had a match with Dolph Zigler. So Fozzy was not able to play their normal side stage slot that day. However luckily for us in St. Louis, he came back through and made it up by headlining a show at Pop’s. This worked out for us in that on the Uproar tour stop in Grand Rapids, MI last night, only the five main stage bands were playing. Also, then the Uproar tour was in Chicago today, so it worked out perfect for Fozzy to play Pop’s last night and then head to Chicago to catch up with the tour. And even better was that if you went to Uproar in St. Louis (which I did), you were able to get in free to this show with your ticket stub. To me that just shows the type of guy Chris Jericho is in that not only did he make up the show in St. Louis, but then to honor the ticket stub for the show he missed is pretty cool. So I feel very lucky that it worked out that I was able to see a good festival on Sunday, but then still get a full headlining Fozzy show on top of that (as opposed to the short set they get on the Uproar side stage). As far as the show goes, it was as awesome as you would expect it to be. Jericho is always the entertainer, but he, as with the rest of the band, have become a great metal band. And Rich Ward is not only a great guitarist, but a great live guitarist and entertainer as well. Obviously they focused the entire set list on their last two albums, and Chris said this was the first time they have ever played Inside My Head live (and although he did not say it, I have not seen She’s My Addiction on any set list either). All in all, it could not have worked out any better for us in St. Louis to get this show.

Fozzy (10:00 – 11:15)
(Itsy Bitsy Spider Intro)
1. Spider in My Mouth
2. Sandpaper
3. Eat the Rich
4. Pray for Blood
5. Inside My Head
6. She’s My Addiction
7. Grail
8. God Pounds His Nails
9. Let the Madness Begin
(WhiteChapel 1888 Intro)
10. To Kill a Stranger :rocker:
11. Martyr No More :rocker:
12. Blood Happens
---------------------------------------
13. Sin and Bones
14. Enemy

Christen 08-22-2012 09:54 PM

Would love to see Fozzy sometime. Glad the show was awesome.

hiddenzombie013 08-22-2012 09:59 PM

Never really listened to Fozzy before, but that's a pretty cool thing to do. Props to him. Only time I saw Chris Jericho perform was with A7X at Uproar in Tampa last year (he sang Bat Country with them). :rocker:

GWAR654 08-23-2012 03:36 AM

Good set list. Saw them live yesterday for first time at uproar fest and they kick ass live do much energy it's crazy. Y2j is the best!!!!

dcmetal108 08-23-2012 05:21 AM

I'm wondering if since they did his release from WWE for now if after Uproar he does a headlining tour for his new album.

ravenheart 08-23-2012 06:01 AM

[QUOTE=dcmetal108;483873]I'm wondering if since they did his release from WWE for now if after Uproar he does a headlining tour for his new album.[/QUOTE]

The breaks in WWE activity are always to facilitate Fozzy activity. Also, it's "their", not "his" ;)

Don't really like that setlist. They're playing all the worst tracks off the new album, apart from 'Blood Happens', which is awesome.

I can't believe they even recorded 'Sandpaper'. It's fucking dreadful.

HugeRockStar 08-23-2012 06:08 AM

Yeah he's said that Fozzy is his number one priority right now so I imagine they'll tour this album for the next year or so before he heads back to WWE.

I saw Fozzy one time, years ago when they were still doing covers, and it was a blast. It was the night before a WWE pay per view and a bunch of the wrestlers were there. I hope to see them again soon doing their originals. I've yet to hear the new album.

ravenheart 08-23-2012 10:13 AM

I'll be seeing them again, for the fifth time I think it is, in October. They're co-headlining in the UK with SOiL.

tenchimyo 08-23-2012 12:28 PM

Oh man...pretty cool. I have always wanted to see if Y2J performs as well on the stage as in the squared circle. Rich Ward's pretty damn good too.

How was attendance?

TheNobleFaceHumper 08-23-2012 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=hiddenzombie013;483847]Never really listened to Fozzy before, but that's a pretty cool thing to do. Props to him. Only time I saw Chris Jericho perform was with A7X at Uproar in Tampa last year (he sang Bat Country with them). :rocker:[/QUOTE]

I was there too, did you notice that he messed up the lyrics? Lol