WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gojira -- Cleveland, OH -- August 20th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21185)

petrovar 08-20-2012 08:03 PM

Gojira -- Cleveland, OH -- August 20th, 2012

Venue: Peabody's
Source: Me

Space Time
The Heaviest Matter of the Universe :rocker::rocker:
Backbone
Remembrance
Love
L'enfant Sauvage
Toxic Garbage Island
Planned Obsolescence
Flying Whales :party:
Clone :flame:
Wisdom Comes
Oroborus

Encore:
Explosia

This was definitely one of the heaviest shows I've ever been to (as is to be expected with Gojira). This was my second time seeing them. The other time was opening for Metallica. That was a good show, but seeing them in a club is where the real experience is.

Nothing special or different with the setlist, but an exceptional performance nonetheless. I wish they would do the intro to Flying Whales. I know they don't live, but it's my favorite song of theirs and I hope it happens one day. Mario was fucking nasty behind the kit, especially during Explosia.

This was the last show of this mini US tour they have been on. Highlights were Heaviest Matter, Clone and Explosia.

DisposableJustice 08-20-2012 08:31 PM

[QUOTE=petrovar;483473]Venue: Peabody's
Source: Me

Space Time
The Heaviest Matter of the Universe :rocker::rocker:
Backbone
Remembrance
Love
L'enfant Sauvage
Toxic Garbage Island
Planned Obsolescence
Flying Whales :party:
Clone :flame:
Wisdom Comes
Oroborus

Encore:
Explosia

This was definitely one of the heaviest shows I've ever been to (as is to be expected with Gojira). This was my second time seeing them. The other time was opening for Metallica. That was a good show, but seeing them in a club is where the real experience is.

Nothing special or different with the setlist, but an exceptional performance nonetheless. I wish they would do the intro to Flying Whales. I know they don't live, but it's my favorite song of theirs and I hope it happens one day. Mario was fucking nasty behind the kit, especially during Explosia.

This was the last show of this mini US tour they have been on. Highlights were Heaviest Matter, Clone and Explosia.[/QUOTE]

They have done the intro for whales live before I think they cut it out for time sake, but more when From Mars to Sirius came out they did it in full.

Great review I can't tell how jealous I am of you east coasters:bouville:

Orion89 08-20-2012 09:55 PM

Wish I could have seen them on this run, unfortunately it didn't come anywhere near me. It'd be cool if they busted out ocean planet more often.

stylesclash516 08-20-2012 10:29 PM

[QUOTE=petrovar;483473]Space Time
Remembrance
Wisdom Comes
[/QUOTE]

You lucky fuckers that got to see this show. :mad:

kommie 08-21-2012 04:03 AM

By 'intro' to Flying Whales do you mean the whale noises? cause they played that intro in the NYC first day of this tour.

petrovar 08-21-2012 04:12 AM

[QUOTE=kommie;483514]By 'intro' to Flying Whales do you mean the whale noises? cause they played that intro in the NYC first day of this tour.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily the whale noises, but the chill guitar intro, into the chill drum intro that leads up to the heavy part. I love the build up to the song.

zerkz 08-21-2012 04:17 AM

I'm so sore. I also split my shorts straight down the middle. RIP 4 year old concert pants.

All of the new album's songs translated super well live... especially Explosia. Great crowd too.

kommie 08-21-2012 04:47 AM

[QUOTE=petrovar;483515]Not necessarily the whale noises, but the chill guitar intro, into the chill drum intro that leads up to the heavy part. I love the build up to the song.[/QUOTE]

well they definetly did that, so they just started with the heavy part? weird.

petrovar 08-21-2012 05:52 AM

[QUOTE=kommie;483517]well they definetly did that, so they just started with the heavy part? weird.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I noticed on their new DVD they did the same thing, so I figured that's just how they played it live.

kommie 08-21-2012 05:59 AM

[QUOTE=petrovar;483524]Yeah. I noticed on their new DVD they did the same thing, so I figured that's just how they played it live.[/QUOTE]

they did the whole thing as well on their first headlining tour here as well. and to have it make less sense, NYC's first date of this current tour, doors were at 9, I think everywhere else they were normally 7-8. so time cant be an issue.

And there was also an opening band.