WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Iron Maiden -- Denver, CO -- August 13th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21121)

DisposableJustice 08-13-2012 09:34 PM

Iron Maiden -- Denver, CO -- August 13th, 2012

1. Moonchild:rocker:
2. Can I Play With Madness
3. The Prisoner
4. 2 Minutes to Midnight
5. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
6. The Trooper
7. The Number of the Beast
8. Phantom of the Opera:drool:
9. Run to the Hills
10. Wasted Years
11. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son:light:
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
---ENCORE---
15. Aces High
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Running Free

What a fucking awesome show Maiden does it again. This was my third time seeing them and I am going to say it was the best. The entire band was spot on. Bruce had a great rant about how he hated the venue because they made Maiden start early and couldn't do the entire stage show and the place should be brunt down (agree) and there was some pot smoking going on and that he would prefer to smell his own farts instead (to each his own I guess)

Highlights were Moonchild, ATSS, Phantom, trooper and 7th Son. If you haven't seen this tour yet get your asses down to Texas for the final 3 shows

BTW I got there as Coheed and Cambia finished so I don't have a review for them

Sanitarium78 08-14-2012 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=DisposableJustice;482314] Bruce had a great rant about how he hated the venue because they made Maiden start early and couldn't do the entire stage show and the place should be brunt down (agree)[/QUOTE]

He said the same thing last month at my show when talking about the stage not being big enough to fit everything. Not entirely the fault of any of the venues considering that most bands don't have a stage prop the size of one Eddie, let alone two. I'm glad I went to two shows since at the Toronto show they did have the Eddie during 7th Son which really added to the awesomeness of seeing the song live.

PVH5150 08-15-2012 04:01 PM

Amphitheaters in general suck. If you don't want to be restricted, stick to arenas. Better acoustics, air conditioning & all the room you need for everything you want to display.

The Ghost at Number One 08-15-2012 07:57 PM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;482389]He said the same thing last month at my show when talking about the stage not being big enough to fit everything. Not entirely the fault of any of the venues considering that most bands don't have a stage prop the size of one Eddie, let alone two. I'm glad I went to two shows since at the Toronto show they did have the Eddie during 7th Son which really added to the awesomeness of seeing the song live.[/QUOTE]As well, they know the size/dimensions of every stage/venue when they book the tour. I love Maiden more than just about anything, but I call bullshit.

zekeyou 08-16-2012 01:08 AM

They should have played Red Rocks, with no curfew...

tyrantchef 08-16-2012 02:49 AM

[QUOTE=The Ghost at Number One;482571]As well, they know the size/dimensions of every stage/venue when they book the tour. I love Maiden more than just about anything, but I call bullshit.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to imply everything Bruce says is the truth, but why would he bullshit about this? Why design a stage show based on the smallest stage you will play on a tour? Then when you play a normal/larger venue, the stage props look like they are out of Spinal Tap?

The Ghost at Number One 08-16-2012 06:32 AM

[QUOTE=tyrantchef;482595]I'm not trying to imply everything Bruce says is the truth, but why would he bullshit about this? Why design a stage show based on the smallest stage you will play on a tour? Then when you play a normal/larger venue, the stage props look like they are out of Spinal Tap?[/QUOTE]All I'm saying is that they (management) knew which venues wouldn't be able to house the entire stage production, so they shouldn't have booked shows at said venues. I realize Bruce is prone to ranting, but in this case, I don't think it's the fault of the venues. I can't imagine Bruce would rant about his/their own management, though.

Sanitarium78 08-16-2012 07:58 AM

I'm not sure about Maiden's management knowing the stage size of every venue they play before hand unless it's something they ask when booking the venue. Still, it's really impossible to know until they set up for the venue if everything can fit or not. I'm sure there's other factor's than just the size of the stage. I think how much storeage room in the back and sides of the stage would play a big part in it as well.

Maiden obviously knew that not everywhere would be able to fit their whole production. They brought a banner to hang in the back during 7th Son in place of the Eddie when they couldn't fit it.

bwahhhhhhh 08-16-2012 08:23 AM

[QUOTE=PVH5150;482536]Amphitheaters in general suck. If you don't want to be restricted, stick to arenas. Better acoustics, air conditioning & all the room you need for everything you want to display.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say arenas have better acoustics. I think amphitheaters are superior at least in that category

Sanitarium78 08-16-2012 04:48 PM

[QUOTE=bwahhhhhhh;482641]I wouldn't say arenas have better acoustics. I think amphitheaters are superior at least in that category[/QUOTE]

Then the arenas you've seen shows at either suck or you haven't seen enough concerts in them because arenas always have better sound than the amphitheaters do. It's too bad so many bands do the summer tour thing now, it would be great to see more shows in an indoor arena.