WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metallica -- San Francisco, CA -- August 11th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21097)

brutal_descent 08-11-2012 11:35 PM

Metallica -- San Francisco, CA -- August 11th, 2012

I won't do a full-length review since I'll be heading to sleep very soon (have to get up early for the last day of Outside Lands tomorrow), but I'll say a few things. First of all, fuck YouTube for lowering my expectations. Metallica blew me away; my face has been melted. I do not regret choosing them over Agalloch [I]at all[/I]. Definitely one of the best performances I've ever seen. I caught a pick from Hetfield as well as Trujillo at the end of their set. Along with their setlist I'll post Neil Young's, since I know there are some fans of his on here. I don't know the Explosions in the Sky set yet, so maybe I'll update this later when I find it.

Hit the Lights :rocker:
Master of Puppets
Fuel
Ride the Lightning :rocker:
Fade to Black :rocker: :lovedup: :drool:
The Memory Remains
Hell and Back
Sad But True
Welcome Home (Sanitarium) :rocker:
Orion :rocker:
One
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Blackened :rocker: :rocker:
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

Creeping Death :rocker:
Battery :rocker: :rocker:
Seek & Destroy (with Frayed Ends of Sanity outro)

Neil Young (August 10th):

Love and Only Love
Powderfinger
Born in Ontario
Walk Like a Giant
The Needle and the Damage Done (I think I teared up during this) :drool:
Twisted Road :drool:
Razor Love
Cinnamon Girl
Fuckin' Up
Party Girl
Ramada Inn
Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)

Mr. Soul (Buffalo Springfield song)
Roll Another Number

Christen 08-11-2012 11:41 PM

Glad ya had fun. I'll be seeing them in Edmonton next weekend for the first time and can't wait!

masterguy49 08-11-2012 11:43 PM

[QUOTE=brutal_descent;481999]
Hit the Lights
Ride the Lightning
Fade to Black
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Orion
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Blackened
Creeping Death
Battery
[/QUOTE]

I'm so jealous I might actually cry, holy shit

treghet 08-11-2012 11:53 PM

Pretty nice set!

brutal_descent 08-12-2012 12:23 AM

James' voice was IMPECCABLE. I only noticed he wasn't pulling it off perfectly during the first half of One and Nothing Else Matters, but my prejudice for those two songs may have something to do with it. I'm going to add :rocker:s to the highlights of the set.

maidenpriest 08-12-2012 12:49 AM

Great Metallica set! and Neil Young doing Mr. Soul... :drool: I was raised on that type of music so that inclusion makes me quite jealous.

DisposableJustice 08-12-2012 01:36 AM

Glad you had fun, very nice set by Metallica

Also jealous you saw Neil Young in the same weekend, my parents and I listened a lot to him in my early youth and one my favorite songs is keep on rockin in the free world, too bad he didn't include that

Onioner 08-12-2012 01:45 AM

Glad to hear you had fun buddy. That Metallica set is fucking tight, and the Neil Young set looks cool. I can't believe he would skip Down by the River or Cowgirl in the Sand though, especially since this show was with Crazy Horse!

petrovar 08-12-2012 05:45 AM

[QUOTE=brutal_descent;481999]
Razor Love
Cinnamon Girl
[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Holy shit, my two favorite Neil Young songs! If he plays both when I see him in a couple months, I might be able to die happy!

christopher 08-12-2012 06:33 AM

How much of Frayed was played as the outro?