WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Helmet -- Cleveland, OH -- August 7th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21063)

petrovar 08-07-2012 08:54 PM

Helmet -- Cleveland, OH -- August 7th, 2012

Venue: House of Blues
Source: Me

Sinatra:eek:
So Long
Renovation
Welcome to Algiers
Exactly What You Wanted
White City
Repetition
FBLA II
Seeing Eye Dog
Ironhead
Unsung
Overrated :eek:
Wilma's Rainbow
Milquetoast:party::rocker::party::rocker:

Another great Helmet show. I'm glad they have been busting out some rare tracks during this tour. I've been wanting to hear Sinatra live forever and they finally played it!

Toadies were absolutely awesome as well. I only knew Possum Kingdom but their set was top notch and I'll be grabbing a couple of their CDs in the near future.

jhdeity 08-07-2012 09:11 PM

Great setlist

stylesclash516 08-07-2012 09:29 PM

Awesome setlist, opening with Sinatra would've been the perfect surprise. Also, are you sure they didn't play In The Meantime, it seems strange they wouldn't play that.

300%_Density 08-07-2012 09:32 PM

Whoa. Sinatra. Whoa. They actually did Seeing Eye Dog. Love Renovation as well. They've done great breaking out deeper cuts on this tour. Sucks I'm not goin Sunday but happy I'll be hitting up the fall portion of this tour in November.

300%_Density 08-07-2012 09:33 PM

[QUOTE=stylesclash516;481382]Awesome setlist, opening with Sinatra would've been the perfect surprise. Also, are you sure they didn't play In The Meantime, it seems strange they wouldn't play that.[/QUOTE]

Not a big surprise. They've had a ton of shows where only Unsung or Only Meantime were played. Not completely unheard of from Helmet to only do 1 and not the other.

stylesclash516 08-07-2012 09:43 PM

[QUOTE=300%_Density;481384]Not a big surprise. They've had a ton of shows where only Unsung or Only Meantime were played. Not completely unheard of from Helmet to only do 1 and not the other.[/QUOTE]

For as long as I've been following Helmet (a couple years by now) I've never seen them do a show without In The Meantime or Unsung. The only thing I've seen close to that is them not doing Milquetoast.

slapguitarer 08-07-2012 09:46 PM

I can dig it. I'd like to see these guys.

petrovar 08-08-2012 04:03 AM

[QUOTE=300%_Density;481384]Not a big surprise. They've had a ton of shows where only Unsung or Only Meantime were played. Not completely unheard of from Helmet to only do 1 and not the other.[/QUOTE]

For this tour more than any other it seems that they are dropping some staples on certain nights to fit in the deep cuts. I noticed on a couple sets they weren't playing Milquetoast (my favorite song ever, from any band). For the first time at one of their shows, I was worried they weren't going to play it. So I went in expecting In The Meantime, Unsung or Milquetoast to not be played. Since they were opening and only playing an hour, something had to give.

petrovar 08-08-2012 04:05 AM

[QUOTE=stylesclash516;481382]Awesome setlist, opening with Sinatra would've been the perfect surprise.[/QUOTE]

It was! This was literally the look on my face :eek:

Ironhead 08-09-2012 01:50 PM

[QUOTE=stylesclash516;481385]For as long as I've been following Helmet (a couple years by now) I've never seen them do a show without In The Meantime or Unsung. The only thing I've seen close to that is them not doing Milquetoast.[/QUOTE]

Definitely NOT uncommon these days. Last October (and this was a headlining show) they did not play In the Meantime here in Jacksonville. Also, I posted their set from the show here a couple of weeks ago and they did not play In the Meantime OR Milquetoast. They did play Unsung both times, which figures since it's one of my least favorite Helmet songs.