WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Misinformation and Propaganda (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Wacken 2013 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21027)

brutal_descent 08-04-2012 10:21 PM

Wacken 2013

August 1st - 3rd

Confirmed:

Deep Purple
Nightwish
Anthrax :rocker:
Arch Enemy :rocker:
Amorphis
Sabaton
Rage (with orchestra)
Subway to Sally
Doro

Pretty meh so far... I've seen Anthrax, Deep Purple, and Arch Enemy, and the rest aren't worth writing home about.

justinm4bama 08-04-2012 10:32 PM

Ah I would love to see Deep Purple! :drool:

brutal_descent 08-05-2012 01:30 PM

Rammstein and Transmetal have been added to the line-up on Last.fm, but I'll take that with a grain of salt since there hasn't been an official confirmation.

ravenheart 08-05-2012 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=brutal_descent;480821]Rammstein and Transmetal have been added to the line-up on Last.fm, but I'll take that with a grain of salt since there hasn't been an official confirmation.[/QUOTE]

Rage with the Lingua Mortis Orchestra is by far the best thing on the bill so far.

I like that Wacken starts announcing bands so early. It provides a good barometer for who might be appearing at better festivals next year :D

Dextrimental 08-05-2012 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;480827]Rage with the Lingua Mortis Orchestra is by far the best thing on the bill so far.

I like that Wacken starts announcing bands so early. It provides a good barometer for who might be appearing at better festivals next year :D[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. Wacken being in August means it usually have a pretty different line up to the one we get attending the festivals in June/July.

That said, Nightwish, Anthrax and Deep Purple are all more or less guaranteed for the June festivals. 2009 since Nightwish and Anthrax did them last, not to mention new albums from both, and its been even longer for Deep Purple.

RampinUp46 08-05-2012 07:07 PM

:drool:

Hopefully I'll have enough money to go to Germany next year - if I can, I'm going to fucking Wacken. :party:

brutal_descent 08-05-2012 07:14 PM

[QUOTE=RampinUp46;480864]:drool:

Hopefully I'll have enough money to go to Germany next year - if I can, I'm going to fucking Wacken. :party:[/QUOTE]

Because it's Wacken or because of the first announcement? Because neither is that impressive :eyes:

ravenheart 08-05-2012 07:15 PM

[QUOTE=RampinUp46;480864]:drool:

Hopefully I'll have enough money to go to Germany next year - if I can, I'm going to fucking Wacken. :party:[/QUOTE]

It's almost a cast-iron guarantee that whatever kind of metal you're into, there's a better festival to go to in Europe. There's probably a better one in Germany.

kalfitegrdan 08-05-2012 07:23 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;480867]It's almost a cast-iron guarantee that whatever kind of metal you're into, there's a better festival to go to in Europe. There's probably a better one in Germany.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Definitely. I've wanted to go to Wacken for years, but the more I look at the lineups of different festivals, the more I realize that Wacken really isn't all that great.

RampinUp46 08-05-2012 07:37 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;480867]It's almost a cast-iron guarantee that whatever kind of metal you're into, there's a better festival to go to in Europe. There's probably a better one in Germany.[/QUOTE]

Oh, definitely true. However it's been on my list of things to cross off my list since I was 13...plus a couple of people I know are likely going next year and it'd be cool to shoot the shit with them.