WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Wacken Open Air -- Wacken, Germany -- August 2nd - 4th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=21013)

girnny777 08-03-2012 10:58 AM

Wacken Open Air -- Wacken, Germany -- August 2nd - 4th, 2012

[B]U.D.O.[/B]
Rev-Raptor
Thunderball
Leatherhead
Screaming for a Love-Bite
Vendetta
Princess of the Dawn
Head Over Heels
Dancing With An Angel (With Doro Pesch)
Animal House
Heart of Gold
They Want War
Break the Rules
Man and Machine
Metal Heart
------
The Bogeyman
Balls to the Wall

[B]Volbeat[/B]
The Human Instrument
Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood
Another Day, Another Way
Sad Man's Tongue
A Moment Forever / Hallelujah Goat
Mary Ann's Place
Who They Are
Fallen
7 Shots
Heaven nor Hell
16 Dollars
Radio Girl
Sweet Unicorns
Evelyn
The Mirror and the Ripper
------
A Warrior's Call
I Only Want to Be with You
Pool of Booze, Booze, Booza
Still Counting
[B]
Saxon[/B]
Heavy Metal Thunder
Hammer of the Gods
Power and the Glory
20,000 Ft
Never Surrender
I've Got to Rock (To Stay Alive)
Crusader
Rock the Nations
Drum Solo
Battalions of Steel
The Eagle Has Landed
Wheels of Steel
To Hell and Back Again
Denim and Leather
------
Strong Arm of the Law
747 (Strangers in the Night)
Princess of the Night
[B]
Sepultura with Les Tombours Du Bronx[/B]
Mixture
Refuse/Resist
Sepulnation
Kairos
Mask
Dialog
We've Lost You
Structure Violence (Azzes)
Requiem
Fever
Firestarter
Territory
Ratamahatta
Roots Bloody Roots

[B]HammerFall[/B]
Patient Zero
Heeding the Call
Any Means Necessary
B.Y.H.
Blood Bound
Steel Meets Steel
Last Man Standing
Renegade
The Dragon Lies Bleeding
Let the Hammer Fall
One More Time
Hearts on Fire

[B]Overkill[/B]
Come and Get It
Bring Me the Night
Elimination
It Lives
Electric Rattlesnake
Hello From the Gutter
Ironbound
Save Yourself
Old School
In Union We Stand
Rotten to the Core
Fuck You

Source for all: setlist.fm

brutal_descent 08-03-2012 12:36 PM

[B]HammerFall[/B]
Patient Zero
Heeding the Call
Any Means Necessary
B.Y.H.
Blood Bound
Steel Meets Steel
Last Man Standing
Renegade
The Dragon Lies Bleeding
Let the Hammer Fall
One More Time
Hearts on Fire

[B]Overkill[/B]
Come and Get It
Bring Me the Night
Elimination
It Lives
Electric Rattlesnake
Hello From the Gutter
Ironbound
Save Yourself
Old School
In Union We Stand
Rotten to the Core
Fuck You

treghet 08-03-2012 12:53 PM

[QUOTE=brutal_descent;480550]
[B]Overkill[/B]
Come and Get It
Bring Me the Night
Elimination
It Lives
Electric Rattlesnake
Hello From the Gutter
Ironbound
Save Yourself
Old School
In Union We Stand
Rotten to the Core
Fuck You[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a weak set.

El Gordo 08-03-2012 04:39 PM

[QUOTE=treghet;480553]Wow, that's a weak set.[/QUOTE]

Not really. You know they will ALWAYS play Elimination, Rotten to the Core, Hello From the Gutter and Fuck You, all of which are good songs if a little overplayed. Of the other 8, the only turd is Old School. So for a 12-song Overkill set, I'd take it.

mankvill 08-03-2012 05:03 PM

[url]http://www.ndr.de/unterhaltung/musik_konzerte/wacken/livestream/wackenlivestream101.html[/url]

livestream. I think it's done for today, but tomorrow it'll be streaming Cradle of Filth, Dark Funeral, Ministry and others.

treghet 08-03-2012 06:09 PM

[QUOTE=El Gordo;480571]Not really. You know they will ALWAYS play Elimination, Rotten to the Core, Hello From the Gutter and Fuck You, all of which are good songs if a little overplayed. Of the other 8, the only turd is Old School. So for a 12-song Overkill set, I'd take it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not complaining about those set staples, it's other choices that bother me. In Union We Stand is one of the weakest songs from Taking Over, and not playing either Wrecking Crew or Deny the Cross is lame. Also notice there is nothing from Horrorscope in there. Lastly, they need to cut both Old School and It Lives. I don't think many people care about those songs anyway.

El Gordo 08-03-2012 06:57 PM

[QUOTE=treghet;480585]I'm not complaining about those set staples, it's other choices that bother me. In Union We Stand is one of the weakest songs from Taking Over, and not playing either Wrecking Crew or Deny the Cross is lame. Also notice there is nothing from Horrorscope in there. Lastly, they need to cut both Old School and It Lives. I don't think many people care about those songs anyway.[/QUOTE]

I don't like ignoring Horrorscope either, it's the second best thrash album ever recorded, but honestly the band has a lot of material to choose from, and a lot of GOOD material to choose from, so I'm OK with it. As for It Lives, it's a good song on a bad album -- absolutely nothing wrong with playing that one. And you say not playing Wrecking Crew or Deny the Cross is lame? Why? How is it any more lame than not playing Elimination or Hello From the Gutter?

treghet 08-03-2012 07:00 PM

[QUOTE=El Gordo;480592]And you say not playing Wrecking Crew or Deny the Cross is lame? Why? How is it any more lame than not playing Elimination or Hello From the Gutter?[/QUOTE]

Uh, because both of them are awesome songs. And what's your point? They [I]are[/I] playing Elimination and Hello from the Gutter.

ravenheart 08-03-2012 07:01 PM

Those are lame Overkill, Saxon and HammerFall sets. Although I would expect a few more cool additions to a headlining Overkill set. Will post on Thursday ;)

Interesting to see that Sepultura have changed their set from the earlier Summer festivals though. And glad to see U.D.O. has kept 'Vendetta' in.

Slasherous 08-03-2012 07:35 PM

kinda weird

I'm stoked that the U.D.O. set isn't half Accept songs. Such a great catalog to pick from its good to see they are playing mostly U.D.O. songs. Though Screaming For A Love Bite and Head Over Heels would be pretty epic to hear.