WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Queensryche -- Royalton, MN -- July 28th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20984)

PVH5150 07-29-2012 11:59 AM

Queensryche -- Royalton, MN -- July 28th, 2012

I'd been waiting to hear about this show for weeks now, so here's the gist. All info gathered from Blabbermouth.

Queensryche's first official concert under their name with Todd LaTorre on vocals. If they can keep giving us setlists like this one, I will never miss Geoff Tate.

Queen of the Reich
Speak
Neue Regel
Walk In The Shadows
En Force
I Don't Believe In Love
Child Of Fire
The Whisper
Warning
Spreading The Disease
The Needle Lies
Prophecy
Take Hold Of The Flame
My Empty Room
Eyes Of A Stranger
Empire

Wrathchild (Iron Maiden cover)
Jet City Woman
Roads To Madness

[url]http://youtu.be/LDeQMufMEO8[/url]

maidenpriest 07-29-2012 12:12 PM

Arizona date please!

Coma323 07-29-2012 12:40 PM

Nice set, hopefully they do a tour.

Travis The Dragon 07-29-2012 01:45 PM

Replace Wrathchild with another song from Rage For Order please. Other than that, a super great set!

maidenpriest 07-29-2012 02:30 PM

[QUOTE=fonzbear2000;479753]Replace Wrathchild with another song from Rage For Order please. Other than that, a super great set![/QUOTE]

Replace Neue Regel with Surgical Strike and then replace Wrathchild with something else from Mindcrime or Warning. Not the biggest fan of Rage for Order

ravenheart 07-29-2012 03:20 PM

The lack of London disappoints me. Nevertheless, best Queensryche setlist in 20 years.

Fates Guardian 07-29-2012 04:40 PM

Amazing set. I do wish they'd break out 'The Killing Words' and 'Breaking the Silence' though!

sarsip 07-29-2012 05:15 PM

Great set!! Interesting that Lady Wore Black is omitted. Didn't GT write that song?

MPF 07-29-2012 05:24 PM

I would have gone to this if it wasn't about 5 hours away.

converge241 07-29-2012 07:13 PM

I, like many others, am in need of a show closer to me (ill take anywhere in New England)

Fates Guardian 07-29-2012 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=sarsip;479766]Great set!! Interesting that Lady Wore Black is omitted. Didn't GT write that song?[/QUOTE]

No, he just wrote the lyrics for it. It was the last song they finished for that EP.

cradle_of_maiden 07-30-2012 05:37 AM

1.I Remember Now
2.Anarchy-X
3.Revolution Calling
4.Operation: Mindcrime
5.Speak
6.Spreading the Disease
7.The Mission
8.Suite Sister Mary
9.The Needle Lies
10.Electric Requiem
11.Breaking the Silence
12.I Don't Believe in Love
13.Waiting for 22
14.My Empty Room
15.Eyes of a Stranger

Recent setlist when Geoff was the singer, just saying. He wasn't bad and fopr all the people complaining about the lack of old material with Geoff, didn't they recently do a tour where they played the entire Empire and Rage for Order albums?

Fe Maiden 07-30-2012 11:03 AM

[QUOTE=PVH5150;479734]I'd been waiting to hear about this show for weeks now, so here's the gist. All info gathered from Blabbermouth.

Queensryche's first official concert under their name with Todd LaTorre on vocals. If they can keep giving us setlists like this one, I will never miss Geoff Tate.

Queen of the Reich
Speak
Neue Regel
Walk In The Shadows
En Force
I Don't Believe In Love
Child Of Fire
The Whisper
Warning
Spreading The Disease
The Needle Lies
Prophecy
Take Hold Of The Flame
My Empty Room
Eyes Of A Stranger
Empire

Wrathchild (Iron Maiden cover)
Jet City Woman
Roads To Madness

[/QUOTE]Sweet!

Onioner 07-30-2012 11:18 AM

[QUOTE=cradle_of_maiden;479811]1.I Remember Now
2.Anarchy-X
3.Revolution Calling
4.Operation: Mindcrime
5.Speak
6.Spreading the Disease
7.The Mission
8.Suite Sister Mary
9.The Needle Lies
10.Electric Requiem
11.Breaking the Silence
12.I Don't Believe in Love
13.Waiting for 22
14.My Empty Room
15.Eyes of a Stranger

Recent setlist when Geoff was the singer, just saying. He wasn't bad and fopr all the people complaining about the lack of old material with Geoff, didn't they recently do a tour where they played the entire Empire and Rage for Order albums?[/QUOTE]

You just copied the tracklisting for Operation Mindcrime, an album that the band played to utter death in the last few years... They did a tour where they played a bunch of songs from Empire and Rage for Order, but they didn't play them in their entirety. The band later played Rage in its entirety at a one-off gig in New York. Geoff later said that he really didn't like doing that show and thought that the album hadn't aged well or something.

The complaint that they weren't playing enough old material really best applies to the Cabaret tour, where they played a ton of really crappy songs. The recent 30th Anniversary tour they did had a pretty neat setlist, but Geoff was completely butchering the songs and there was nothing really out of the ordinary or special about the setlist other than it covering the band's whole career.

tenchimyo 07-31-2012 08:35 AM

THat's a FANTASTIC set list... they need to tour (closer to me)

cradle_of_maiden 07-31-2012 11:56 AM

[QUOTE=Onioner;479861]You just copied the tracklisting for Operation Mindcrime, an album that the band played to utter death in the last few years... They did a tour where they played a bunch of songs from Empire and Rage for Order, but they didn't play them in their entirety. The band later played Rage in its entirety at a one-off gig in New York. Geoff later said that he really didn't like doing that show and thought that the album hadn't aged well or something.

The complaint that they weren't playing enough old material really best applies to the Cabaret tour, where they played a ton of really crappy songs. The recent 30th Anniversary tour they did had a pretty neat setlist, but Geoff was completely butchering the songs and there was nothing really out of the ordinary or special about the setlist other than it covering the band's whole career.[/QUOTE]

Actually I copied that from setlist.fm, the fact that its the whole Mindcrime album only proves that Tate did delve into their back catalogue. I can understand not playing an entire set of old songs, as it probably get a little boring playing the same set every night. The fact that their new material sucked balls is irrelevant. Not every old band is Iron Maiden and can consistently put out outstanding material. But if Geoff didn't want to play the same material night after night I don't blame him. People still went to the shows.

bennythedog 07-31-2012 01:46 PM

As eluded to in earlier posts, one of the main reasons Geoff was against doing much of the old material was that he just couldn't sing the songs anymore. The last concert I watched (M3 fest) was absolute crap. Even my wife (who sat front row with me on the Hear tour) said he sounded horrible. That and his crap-ass, cocky attitude.... sorry rant over.

That is a great set... love it for them to come to Chicago!! I wonder if Chris will do any shows with them... cause that would be freaking awesome!!