WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Tour -- Bristow , VA -- July 21st, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20934)

JudasPriest89 07-21-2012 10:22 PM

The Tour -- Bristow , VA -- July 21st, 2012

[url]http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kiss/2012/jiffy-lube-live-bristow-va-73dc9e45.html[/url]

Motley Crue setlist

1. Saints of Los Angeles
2. Wild Side
3. Shout At The Devil
4. Same Ol' Situation
5. Looks That Kill
6. Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)
7. Sex
8. Tommy Lee drum solo
9. Home Sweet Home
10. Primal Scream
11. Dr. Feelgood
12. Girls, Girls, Girls
13. Kickstart My Heart

KISS Setlist

1. Detroit Rock City
2. Shout It Out Loud
3. I Love it Loud
4. Love Gun
5. Firehouse
6. War Machine
7. Shock Me
8. Hell or Hallelujah
9. Gene Simmons bass solo
10. God of Thunder
11. Lick it Up
12. Black Diamond
---------------------
13. Rock 'N Roll All Nite

Looking at these sets from both bands, I'm pissed. I love both bands and I enjoy seeing them live, this show sounded promising to me at first. I'm going to the Louisville show and I hope something conflicted them to forcing them to cut the sets (Curfew, etc) because this is unacceptable. Just a few minor gripes for the sake of picking, can the Crue just drop Saints? It's not a classic, they need to get over that. Another thing, how do both bands go from playing 16-18 song sets to what looks more like a shitty hits compilation? And KISS need to drop Firehouse. They're also having an opening act called "The Treatment", I hate to be a dick, but they don't need them, the Crue and KISS alone can easily fill a stadium.

:mad::bouville::flame::tpaper::badidea:

hiddenzombie013 07-21-2012 10:40 PM

Going to this show next Saturday!

As someone who has only seen Crue once, I will say this setlist isn't particularly good or bad. It definitely gets the job done, even though it doesn't take any chances really. Since I thought they were only pretty good before, and I saw most of the song I wanted last time, I don't really have any complaints about this (other than no Live Wire). Can't complain!

As someone who has never seen Kiss though, this set feels like it's lacking some of their bigger hits. I'm pretty shocked to see no Calling Dr. Love or Strutter, which is a bummer. I'd also would like to see 100,000 Years, Deuce, or Parasite, although I supposed I see why they weren't played. Still though, I've heard nothing but great stuff about Kiss live (can't say the same for Crue), so if they are good enough, perhaps I'll catch them on their next tour too.

Either way though, I bought my lawn ticket for only $16 (fees included) during a promotion the week they went onsale, so I will be happy no matter what!

300%_Density 07-21-2012 10:53 PM

War Machine & God of Thunder. Huge pluses.

13 songs for each? That's a crock. For the $ they should be doing minimum of 90 mins for each band.

Christen 07-21-2012 11:04 PM

I've seen both these bands before and got longer and better sets so I don't feel so bad about missing this any more.

treghet 07-21-2012 11:42 PM

[QUOTE=hiddenzombie013;478481]Going to this show next Saturday!

As someone who has only seen Crue once, I will say this setlist isn't particularly good or bad. It definitely gets the job done, even though it doesn't take any chances really. Since I thought they were only pretty good before, and I saw most of the song I wanted last time, I don't really have any complaints about this (other than no Live Wire). Can't complain![/QUOTE]

Yeah, no Live Wire is a bummer. They should drop Saints of Los Angeles for it. I've never seen them (or Kiss) though, so I'm still excited. I'm sure I'll have another opportunity to catch them with a longer set.

NickLed19 07-22-2012 12:45 AM

Kiss had to cut 2 songs because of the curfew. Apparently they were Deuce and Crazy Nights.

Maidenmagic 07-22-2012 05:55 AM

War Machine and God of thunder. Should be mandatory.

tenchimyo 07-22-2012 10:25 AM

[QUOTE=NickLed19;478506]Kiss had to cut 2 songs because of the curfew. Apparently they were Deuce and Crazy Nights.[/QUOTE]

O rly? that sucks, I know Motley went on at like 8:10ish and Kiss seemed to end early. I know Iron Maiden played a good long while, so I was confused why I was hearing R+R All Nite so 'early'.

I enjoyed the show minus Tommy's drum solo and dubstep inclusions. I really thought that KISS woulda played longer. Regardless, KISS sounded great!

John The Drummer 07-22-2012 10:28 AM

No "I Was Made For Loving You" !?!?!? :(

converge241 07-22-2012 06:00 PM

[QUOTE=Maidenmagic;478518]War Machine and God of thunder. Should be mandatory.[/QUOTE]

Yes!!

dwils65 07-22-2012 07:00 PM

Kiss really needs to drop Shock Me.

toolfansat 07-23-2012 08:10 AM

[QUOTE=dwils65;478580]Kiss really needs to drop Shock Me.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Go see Ace Frehley solo to see the real deal!