WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Trespass America -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20923)

x-voltage 07-21-2012 07:31 AM

Trespass America -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2012

Venue: The Rave

Overall great show. One of the loudest shows that I've seen, my ears got destroyed.

[B]Battlecross[/B]
Not too familiar with their songs but they put on a good performance. They did a great cover of Fucking Hostile that got the crowd going.

[B]God Forbid[/B]
1. Don't Tell Me What to Dream
2. Better Days
3. Where We Come From
4. To the Fallen Hero
5. Equilibrium

I'm a big God Forbid fan and when I've seen them in the past they were excellent. This time around it wasn't really the case. They played alright but not too much energy and I'm not a fan of the set at all. I really like the new album but the live songs didn't go over so well, especially Equilibrium.

[B]Emmure[/B]
Not a big fan of this type of music, but their drummer Mark Castillo (formerly of Bury Your Dead) is a beast.

[B]Pop Evil[/B]
I recognized the last two songs of their set from the radio but otherwise they were just alright. Seemed out of place for this tour.

[B]Trivium[/B]
1. Capsizing the Sea
2. In Waves
3. Rain
4. Black
5. Caustic are the Ties that Bind
6. Torn Between Scylla and Charybdis
7. Throes of Perdition

2nd best band of the night. Trivium are always great live but this time they had by far the most energy out of all the times I've seen them. Matt's vocals sounded great. Rain was absolutely brutal and Torn Between Scylla and Charybdis was cool to see. I wish they would replace Caustic are the Ties that Bind. It's a good song but so many better choices off of In Waves.

[B]Killswitch Engage[/B]
1. Rose of Sharyn
2. Fixation on the Darkness
3. Arms of Sorrow
4. This is Absolution
5. A Bid Farewell
6. Life to Lifeless
7. My Last Serenade
8. The End of Heartache
9. My Curse
10. Holy Diver

Best band of the night. My all time favorite singer is Jesse Leach and he was amazing. He sounded great, screams and clean vocals. Adam was hilarious and wrote a song about Milwaukee called Thrill-waukee that he sang for us. Highlights were Fixation on the Darkness, Life to Lifeless, My Last Serenade, Holy Diver and End of Heartache (this song live is always incredible because the whole crowd always sings the lyrics louder than the PA system)

[B]Five Finger Death Punch[/B]
1. Under and Over it
2. Burn it Down
3. American Capitalist
4. Hard to See
5. The Way of the Fist
6. Coming Down
7. Bad Company
8. White Knuckles
9. Drum Solo
10. Far From Home
11. Never Enough
12. War is the Answer

Encore
13. Remember Everything
14. No One Gets Left Behind
15. The Bleeding

This is the third time I've seen 5FDP and each time they get worse live. They still put on a good show but as they get more popular I feel like they lose energy. I first saw them at the inaugural Mayhem Fest when they were on the side stage and that was one of the craziest sets I've seen. Their stage was huge and had lots of cool attractions. Drum solo was presented well but the actual solo was pretty lame. Highlights were The Way of the Fist, American Capitalist, War is the Answer and White Knuckles (where they brought up all the little kids in the audience to head bang to during the song)

AnthG 07-21-2012 07:44 AM

Ah man no Numbered Days from KsE :(

makethemsuffer12 07-21-2012 09:39 AM

I like the KSE set, but come on, this is Jesse's first US tour back with the band, and you're ONLY going to do 3 songs from AOJB? And the 3 staples, at that.

Trivium set is pretty standard, with the exception of Torn. Nice to see it back. I'm sure they're playing it much better now then they did when I saw them do it (which was the very first time they ever played, I believe).

NickLed19 07-21-2012 04:01 PM

Did all the bands play 30 minutes besides Killswitch and FFDP?

bobbie solo 07-21-2012 09:38 PM

well, that KSE set has decided it for me. won't be attending this. too short, and too much Howard material.

x-voltage 07-22-2012 04:50 PM

Battlecross played 20 minutes
God Forbid played about 25
Emmure played 25
Pop Evil was 30
Trivium was about 35
Killswitch was 45
Five Finger was 75