WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Pearl Jam -- Stockholm, Sweden -- July 7th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20824)

wroed 07-09-2012 04:10 AM

Pearl Jam -- Stockholm, Sweden -- July 7th, 2012

[B]Pearl Jam
Venue: Eriksson Globe Arena, Stockholm
Support: X

Pearl Jam setlist:[/B]
Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
Corduroy
Got Some
Why Go
Amongst The Waves
Wishlist
Given To Fly
Comatose
Even Flow
World Wide Suicide
Garden
Better Things (The Kinks cover)
Unthought Known
All Those Yesterdays
The Fixer
1/2 Full
Jeremy
----------------------------
Off He Goes
Just Breathe
State Of Love And Trust
Do The Evolution
Love, Reign O'er Me (The Who cover)
Porch
----------------------------
Once
Better Man
Crazy Mary (Victoria Williams cover)
Black
Alive
Rockin' in the Free World (Neil Young cover)
Yellow Ledbetter

Pearl Jam were absolutely on fire and talk about value for money!

Kapper 07-09-2012 04:32 AM

damn, whether you like Pearl Jam or not, you gotta respect a band who's 20+ years old and still pulling out sets that long.

VelvetHarry 07-09-2012 05:06 AM

This set is awesome too. I have been a Pearl Jam fan since I was about 12 (right after Ten came out) and I never went to see them. I need to catch them next time they come to the area. They pick stellar "deep cuts" to play... like Why Go and Porch... holy crap:light:

JimmyPage 07-09-2012 06:50 AM

Anyone know how long the show was? It would seem it competes with recent Guns'N'Roses shows for length. I am a casual Pearl Jam fan but saw them open for Tom Petty/Heartbreakers and they were outstanding.

wroed 07-09-2012 06:57 AM

[QUOTE=JimmyPage;476002]Anyone know how long the show was? It would seem it competes with recent Guns'N'Roses shows for length. I am a casual Pearl Jam fan but saw them open for Tom Petty/Heartbreakers and they were outstanding.[/QUOTE]

I'd say around 2 hours 40minutes. We thought it was going to be shorter as they were really going for it through first hour and had also received an email from venue saying expected finish was 10.30pm, but it was after 11.30 when it actually finished.

If they're doing the official live bootlegs for this I'll certainly buy it.

bigguytoo9 07-09-2012 07:38 AM

That is seriously ONE SWEET Pearl Jam set for sure!!!

bobbie solo 07-09-2012 10:17 PM

Pearl Jam setlists, their length and diversity from night to night, make other bands look like assholes. Almost no one treats their fans as good as PJ do, and frankly, there's no reason MANY bands, arena-level or not, can't do similar things at their own shows. Laziness is the only excuse. Take pride in ALL your material (PJ played fucking BUGS the other night for only the 2nd time ever b/c one of their oldest diehard fans put it on a setlist), learn it, rehearse it, and shake it up every night. THis goes for almost all metal bands too. No reason a band like LOG or Machinehead have to play the same shit every night.

bigguytoo9 07-10-2012 04:24 PM

Metallica is another testament to what the above poster just said about switching up the setlist etc. Sure they have a "core" set of songs they do each night but they at least throw a few curveballs at the fans once in a while. Playing Black Album backwards is one of them!

jhdeity 07-10-2012 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=bobbie solo;476150]Pearl Jam setlists, their length and diversity from night to night, make other bands look like assholes. Almost no one treats their fans as good as PJ do, and frankly, there's no reason MANY bands, arena-level or not, can't do similar things at their own shows. Laziness is the only excuse. Take pride in ALL your material (PJ played fucking BUGS the other night for only the 2nd time ever b/c one of their oldest diehard fans put it on a setlist), learn it, rehearse it, and shake it up every night. THis goes for almost all metal bands too. No reason a band like LOG or Machinehead have to play the same shit every night.[/QUOTE]

well said

mankvill 07-10-2012 05:08 PM

Obviously someone has never seen a Radiohead setlist