WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metallica -- Atlantic City, NJ -- June 24th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20727)

PlaysWithKnives 06-24-2012 09:46 PM

They should end with Creeping Death every show. I thought for sure Orion would have been played.

fletchzer 06-24-2012 10:24 PM

Man, Blackened then One?

That's a sweet encore right there.

PVH5150 06-25-2012 04:36 AM

I hope they do this next year.

Play Kill Em All & And Justice For All in their entirety. 30th & 25th anniversary for each album next year.

(sic)&disturbed 06-25-2012 10:27 AM

[QUOTE=mattlion;473534]I was there on Saturday, it was awesome, but I'm not sure if people that were there both nights are happy that they heard 8 (!) songs twice. If Metallica is going to do multiple nights at a fest they may want to try to switch it up even more. They are trying to be creative with the festival lineup, they should feel free to take their setlist decisions to the next level. Of course, each night they were tied to the full album concept, so I guess that limits your options.

I can completely understand feeling obligated to play Puppets and/or One both nights, but anything else should be fair game.... even Seek and Destroy (which, to me, is one of the most boring songs on KEA.... I'll never understand the fascination....).[/QUOTE]

With Metallica, they have so many songs to choose from they could have and in my opinion should have refrained from any Black album songs on Saturday and Ride The Lightning songs on Sunday! They could have pulled more from Kill em All, Puppets, Justice, Death or Beyond Magnetic! I must say that it would've upset me if I actually paid for a 2 day pass only to hear 8 songs twice!

leglessmoof 06-25-2012 10:36 AM

You'll never see a Metallica show without Nothing, Sad, Sandman, One, and Puppets. At least, not a large festival or arena show. If you expect not to hear those songs, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I did think it was strange that they played Lights and Bells both nights though. I thought they would at least play No Remorse (since they played it on the European tour) and maybe something else for And Justice For All or Death Magnetic.

(sic)&disturbed 06-25-2012 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=leglessmoof;473646]You'll never see a Metallica show without Nothing, Sad, Sandman, One, and Puppets. At least, not a large festival or arena show. If you expect not to hear those songs, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I did think it was strange that they played Lights and Bells both nights though. I thought they would at least play No Remorse (since they played it on the European tour) and maybe something else for And Justice For All or Death Magnetic.[/QUOTE]

I understand that they are playing their hits, but they are playing these two albums in full on the same weekend. They should have mixed it up a little more.

christopher 06-25-2012 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=PVH5150;473593]I hope they do this next year.

Play Kill Em All & And Justice For All in their entirety. 30th & 25th anniversary for each album next year.[/QUOTE]

I would love to see that!

darkguardian50 06-25-2012 11:39 AM

Play Kill Em All & And Justice For All in their entirety. 30th & 25th anniversary for each album next year.[/QUOTE]

I might actually fly up and pay the ungodly price to see that show.

rjturtle9 06-25-2012 11:47 AM

But not backwards!

DisposableJustice 06-25-2012 01:35 PM

This, I would go anywhere for this

now you're making me hot and bothered:drool: