WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metallica -- Atlantic City, NJ -- June 24th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20727)

DisposableJustice 06-24-2012 07:12 PM

Metallica -- Atlantic City, NJ -- June 24th, 2012

Main Set
1. Hit the Lights
2. Master of Puppets
3. Fuel
4. For Whom the Bell Tolls
5. The Shortest Straw:rocker:
6. The Struggle Within
7. My Friend of Misery
8. The God That Failed:rocker:
9. Of Wolf & Man
10. Nothing Else Matters
11. Through the Never
12. Don't Tread On Me
13. Wherever I May Roam
14. The Unforgiven
15. Holier Than Thou
16. Sad But True
17. Enter Sandman
Encore
18. Blackened
19. One
20. Seek & Destroy

I didn't watch the live steam this time, but I don't think I missed much outside of Straw, which is always awesome; I wonder if Lars survived, considering how wiped he looked at the end of last night

TheNobleFaceHumper 06-24-2012 07:24 PM

BLACKENED :rocker:

PlaysWithKnives 06-24-2012 07:40 PM

Blackened and The Shortest Straw! Freakin sweet. Did Lars have a stroke? Because he actually has to play drums on those songs :D

”The Shortest Straw has been pulled for you!”

DisposableJustice 06-24-2012 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=PlaysWithKnives;473525]Blackened and The Shortest Straw! Freakin sweet. Did Lars have a stroke? Because he actually has to play drums on those songs :D

”The Shortest Straw has been pulled for you!”[/QUOTE]

Lars has stated it is one of his favorite Metallica songs, so it's own damn fault if he has to play harder;)

mattlion 06-24-2012 08:23 PM

I was there on Saturday, it was awesome, but I'm not sure if people that were there both nights are happy that they heard 8 (!) songs twice. If Metallica is going to do multiple nights at a fest they may want to try to switch it up even more. They are trying to be creative with the festival lineup, they should feel free to take their setlist decisions to the next level. Of course, each night they were tied to the full album concept, so I guess that limits your options.

I can completely understand feeling obligated to play Puppets and/or One both nights, but anything else should be fair game.... even Seek and Destroy (which, to me, is one of the most boring songs on KEA.... I'll never understand the fascination....).

bobbie solo 06-24-2012 08:26 PM

i agree completely mattlion. plus, like i said in the other thread...play Orion at the festival that you named Orion! that's kind of a logical thing. But no, the people there got alot of the same tired megahits both nights. Unnecessary. It's 2012, if you're a casual fan who hasn't gotten their fill of Nothing Else Matters, Fuel & Sad But True over the past 20 years...well, fuck you haha. enough already.

mankvill 06-24-2012 08:53 PM

[QUOTE=mattlion;473534]I was there on Saturday, it was awesome, but I'm not sure if people that were there both nights are happy that they heard 8 (!) songs twice. If Metallica is going to do multiple nights at a fest they may want to try to switch it up even more. They are trying to be creative with the festival lineup, they should feel free to take their setlist decisions to the next level. Of course, each night they were tied to the full album concept, so I guess that limits your options.

I can completely understand feeling obligated to play Puppets and/or One both nights, but anything else should be fair game.... even Seek and Destroy (which, to me, is one of the most boring songs on KEA.... I'll never understand the fascination....).[/QUOTE]

I think you and I are the only people on this site that don't get the love for S&D

DisposableJustice 06-24-2012 09:00 PM

Seek and Destroy is a good song to have in the middle of the set, it gets real boring closing show after show; if you have at the last song, rotate it with songs like Whiplash, Creeping Death, Battery, Damage Inc and Dyers Eve

I liked when they did Creeping Death as the closer on the European 2011 Tour

bobbie solo 06-24-2012 09:10 PM

wish they'd play Breadfan more.

Derelict 06-24-2012 09:26 PM

Ghost played their entire album, plus Here Comes the Sun.