WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metallica -- Atlantic City, NJ -- June 23rd, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20723)

ShatteredFlame 06-25-2012 09:51 AM

[QUOTE=treghet;473587]
Yeah, and weren't the tickets sold as a two day pass only? So anybody who bought them is going to see the black album set anyway.
[/QUOTE]
in the beginning they weren't but they eventually started selling day passes as the event drew near.

makethemsuffer12 06-25-2012 09:55 AM

[QUOTE=treghet;473587]
Out of curiosity I did a Google search for "James Hetfield vest" and unless he has multiple vests, the backpatch is Motorhead. I noticed he has a Tank patch on the front! That's awesome.[/QUOTE]

I've seen him with a vest that has a Sabbath back path and another with a Venom one. So either he has multiple vests or has devised a back-path-switcharoo system. :lol:

Sepultura69 06-25-2012 10:04 AM

I think it's pretty fucking stupid that they would play one of the most legendary thrash albums ever made backwards. Black album was cool to do backwards, but the black album is no where near as epic or as legendary as Metallicas 2nd release. I would hate to see Ride the lightning played in reverse if i was an attendee at this show. There's nothing unique or cool about playing it backwards. If you're going to play it, perform it in the same way like how the album was intended to be played....

:hmm:

leglessmoof 06-25-2012 11:24 AM

I was there (in the snake pit!) and I thought it worked fine being played backwards. Ktulu is better suited for the beginning/middle of the set rather than the end. And they had some cool transitions worked out between some of the songs. Not to mention, ending with the 1-2-3 punch of Bells, Ride, and Fire was awesome.

(sic)&disturbed 06-25-2012 11:31 AM

[QUOTE=leglessmoof;473639]I was there (in the snake pit!) and I thought it worked fine being played backwards. Ktulu is better suited for the beginning/middle of the set rather than the end. And they had some cool transitions worked out between some of the songs. Not to mention, ending with the 1-2-3 punch of Bells, Ride, and Fire was awesome.[/QUOTE]

Did you go both nights?

treghet 06-25-2012 11:32 AM

I don't get the issue with it being played backwards. Yeah, it's unusual, but why does that ruin the experience? You're still hearing all of the songs. Be thankful they still care enough to do something like this. They could have ended up like so many other '80s bands, just playing the same songs at every show for the rest of their career.

toolfansat 06-25-2012 11:34 AM

mmmaybe... they are correcting an error!
Could it be that due to an alcohol-induced haze, that RTL was actually released with the songs in the reverse order from what was originally planned, and now that they are clean and sober, they can finally play them as they intended?
Yeah! That's the ticket!

leglessmoof 06-25-2012 11:38 AM

[QUOTE=(sic)&disturbed;473641]Did you go both nights?[/QUOTE]

Yes, although I was only in the snake pit on the first night. I was in MetClub Ultra (front GA) the second night.

IrritatedTrout 06-25-2012 05:03 PM

Sweet set but it's freakin stupid to play Black Album songs when they did the whole Black Album the next night.

hellawaits77ny 06-25-2012 07:38 PM

I think Callof Ktulu fit in well after the intro video.

Both shows were great. Will have some vids up soon.