WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metallica -- Atlantic City, NJ -- June 23rd, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20723)

TonyD 06-24-2012 03:23 PM

Playing the album backwards makes more sense for the set list but yeah, it kinda ruins the whole special feeling of them playing the album.

And I didn't notice the wardrobe change thing, but that's pretty funny. It's one thing to do it if you're trying to make it part of the show like you would see Bruce Dickinson do, but it's almost embarrassing to see Metallica doing it.

Not that it's worth anything, but it's kinda cool that a lot of people on here got to see the show and that we can nitpick and discuss things other than the set list :lol:

bobbie solo 06-24-2012 04:34 PM

props to James for doing his best with Escape. His voice can NOT hit those notes anymore, but he sounded about as good as can be expected considering how old he is. That first verse is a bitch.

christopher 06-24-2012 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=TonyD;473463]Playing the album backwards makes more sense for the set list but yeah, it kinda ruins the whole special feeling of them playing the album.

And I didn't notice the wardrobe change thing, but that's pretty funny. It's one thing to do it if you're trying to make it part of the show like you would see Bruce Dickinson do, but it's almost embarrassing to see Metallica doing it.

Not that it's worth anything, but it's kinda cool that a lot of people on here got to see the show and that we can nitpick and discuss things other than the set list :lol:[/QUOTE]

When did the wardrobe change happen? That's fucking funny haha

bobbie solo 06-24-2012 04:49 PM

i watched the whole stream. he changed outfits like 4 times. ridiculous. makes sense that anybody would switch shirts at some point, you get real sweaty up there. but this was clearly an orchestrated thing. lame.

NickLed19 06-24-2012 06:07 PM

Whats the deal with him wearing vests now? lol

bobbie solo 06-24-2012 07:01 PM

[QUOTE=NickLed19;473493]Whats the deal with him wearing vests now? lol[/QUOTE]

that's part of my point. somehow I doubt James Hetfield is stiching band patches on his vest at his age and level of fame.

NickLed19 06-24-2012 07:20 PM

I am pretty sure he had a Metallica back patch, wtf?

ravenheart 06-25-2012 01:53 AM

Personally, I can understand why James doesn't like 'Escape'.

TonyD 06-25-2012 02:07 AM

[QUOTE=NickLed19;473519]I am pretty sure he had a Metallica back patch, wtf?[/QUOTE]

He definitely did.

treghet 06-25-2012 02:09 AM

Pretty cool set. Honestly, I'm not too big of a Metallica fan, but seeing this would be rad.

[QUOTE=TheNobleFaceHumper;473431]It's stupid that they played any songs from the Black album at all yesterday, because they're playing the entire thing tonight, they need to change it up a bit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and weren't the tickets sold as a two day pass only? So anybody who bought them is going to see the black album set anyway.

[QUOTE=MetalIsArt;473439]
And who gives a rat's arse about James his "appearance"? Do you have a crush on him or what?[/QUOTE]

Seems that it's you that has the crush, not him.

[QUOTE=NickLed19;473519]I am pretty sure he had a Metallica back patch, wtf?[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity I did a Google search for "James Hetfield vest" and unless he has multiple vests, the backpatch is Motorhead. I noticed he has a Tank patch on the front! That's awesome.