WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Misinformation and Propaganda (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   ANTHRAX to release covers EP (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20700)

ravenheart 06-21-2012 03:12 AM

ANTHRAX to release covers EP

Charlie Benante: To commemorate the first year of Worship Music being out, were putting together a little companion EP with some fun shit on it. It started out as what I call The 70s EP. Its made up of some cover songs from our favorite bands consisting of RUSH, THIN LIZZY, BOSTON, JOURNEY. Were still working on it now, but I think its gonna be really cool.

Songs reportedly due to appear on the EP include 'T.N.T.' (AC/DC), 'Keep On Runnin' (Journey), 'Anthem' (Rush) and 'Smokin'' (Boston).

Sanitarium78 06-21-2012 05:23 AM

The Rush cover should sound pretty good, really don't care about the rest of them though.

ravenheart 06-21-2012 05:26 AM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;472703]The Rush cover should sound pretty good, really don't care about the rest of them though.[/QUOTE]

I find that's the wrong attitude to have to covers. The most worthwhile covers are the ones which turn bad songs into good versions. Case in point, almost every cover of a Beatles song ever.

MetalIsArt 06-21-2012 06:19 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;472704]I find that's the wrong attitude to have to covers. The most worthwhile covers are the ones which turn bad songs into good versions. Case in point, almost every cover of a Beatles song ever.[/QUOTE]

So, you don't like the Beatles? :D

I don't hate them, in fact I have several songs of them on my Ipod, but there the most overrated band to ever walk the planet.

I'm sick of all the over the top attention whenever something is released or whenever McCartney performs.

Nater 06-21-2012 06:25 AM

I'm excited to hear the cover of Smokin. I don't know how good it will be but it will be kinda fun atleast.

ravenheart 06-21-2012 06:26 AM

I'm looking forward to hearing all of them, because Anthrax sound good. How the original band sounds doesn't really matter.

charbyno 06-21-2012 06:49 AM

Hopefully they will include their cover of Neon Knights, which they did live a few days ago

ravenheart 06-21-2012 07:19 AM

[QUOTE=charbyno;472729]Hopefully they will include their cover of Neon Knights, which they did live a few days ago[/QUOTE]

They covered Heaven & Hell live too.

300%_Density 06-21-2012 07:24 AM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;472704]I find that's the wrong attitude to have to covers. The most worthwhile covers are the ones which turn bad songs into good versions. Case in point, almost every cover of a Beatles song ever.[/QUOTE]

I keep finding myself agreeing with more that you say. I hate the Beatles as well.

BloodoftheKings 06-21-2012 10:09 AM

I'm not too crazy about the choice of songs here. I'd rather hear them do more punk covers.