WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   In Flames -- Gothenburg, Sweden -- June 15th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20675)

broncoz 06-17-2012 08:04 AM

In Flames -- Gothenburg, Sweden -- June 15th, 2012

Played @ Metaltown 2012...only posting because they actually pulled out some songs that haven't been played in ages..

Jester's Door
-Cloud Connected
-Gyroscope
-Artifacts of the Black Rain :horns:
-Only for the Weak
-Reroute to Remain
-Dial 595 Escape
-Crawl Through Knives
-Delight and Angers
-Where the Dead Ships Dwell
-The Chosen Pessimist
-Fear is the Weakness
-All For Me
-Deliver Us
-The Mirrors Truth
-Take This Life
-My Sweet Shadow (stopped due to equipment failure)
-Pinball Map

Pretty sure its the first time they played something off the Jester Race since like 2008, but its probably just a festival thing

300%_Density 06-17-2012 08:13 AM

And all I can say about this is... I blame America.

DementedX14 06-17-2012 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=300%_Density;471965]And all I can say about this is... I blame America.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

InFlamesOfBirchmen 06-17-2012 11:34 AM

Holy hell what a fantastic set! Cloud Connected is an excellent choice for an opener.

VoidFlame 06-17-2012 12:59 PM

[QUOTE=broncoz;471961]

[B]-Gyroscope
-Artifacts of the Black Rain [/B]
-Reroute to Remain
-Dial 595 Escape
[/QUOTE]

:drool:

MPF 06-17-2012 02:02 PM

I wish I could have seen this set back in January.

The Ghost at Number One 06-17-2012 03:35 PM

I'm actually loving that they brought back Crawl Through Knives.

kevin_headbanger 06-18-2012 04:34 AM

Now that's a set I would pay for, lots of oldies...Time to do another North american tour now...

VelvetHarry 06-18-2012 05:46 AM

I have come to terms with the fact that In Flames is catering to the fan base from their newer, (IMO) crappier music. I can't necessarily blame them I guess (gotta eat). But I just wish they'd throw a few more bones to old school fans. Very nice to see Artifacts and Gyroscope on this set, but it's such a rare occasion to see stuff like that anymore. It's kind of surprising not to see at least one song each from their first three albums (not counting Lunar Strain) in regular rotation. Something like:

JESTER RACE: Artifacts of the Black Rain
WHORACLE: Jotun, Gyroscope or Episode 666
COLONY: Embody the Invisible, Scorn or Colony

300%_Density 06-18-2012 07:46 AM

[QUOTE=VelvetHarry;472116]I have come to terms with the fact that In Flames is catering to the fan base from their newer, (IMO) crappier music. I can't necessarily blame them I guess (gotta eat). But I just wish they'd throw a few more bones to old school fans. Very nice to see Artifacts and Gyroscope on this set, but it's such a rare occasion to see stuff like that anymore. It's kind of surprising not to see at least one song each from their first three albums (not counting Lunar Strain) in regular rotation. Something like:

JESTER RACE: Artifacts of the Black Rain
WHORACLE: Jotun, Gyroscope or Episode 666
COLONY: Embody the Invisible, Scorn or Colony[/QUOTE]

Anders has said in tons of interviews, the NA crowds don't respond to as much pre-Reroute to Remain. Just a fact. It's not a matter of catering to anybody. Anything from Jester Race will get nothing but silence from the crowd. Can't cater to 2%.