WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dream Theater -- Rochester, NY -- June 15th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20659)

cristianrock 06-15-2012 08:09 PM

Dream Theater -- Rochester, NY -- June 15th, 2012

source: setlist.fm

First show since Asian leg in May

Dream is Collapsing (Hanz Zimmer)
----------------------------------------
Bridges in the Sky
6:00
The Dark Eternal Night :bouville:
This is the Life :party:
The Root of All Evil
Lost Not Forgotten :rocker:
A Fortune in Lies
Surrounded
On the Backs of Angels
War Inside My Head
The Test that Stumped Them All
The Spirit Carries On
Breaking All Illusions
----------------------------------
Metropolis Pt. 1

if anyone were at this concert that please confirm this setlist.

TDEN, damn it, bad choice...and TSCO is totally replacable, my choices are Home and Finally Free, but nevertheless I would still go to the show on August 22nd in Santiago

makethemsuffer12 06-15-2012 08:20 PM

Dark Eternal and Metropolis! I'm so stoked to see them in Huntington (might even catch both nights, assuming they'll play radically different sets).

electrocute1031 06-15-2012 08:26 PM

I'd be very happy if they played that set in Boston. Eager to see what the crimson projekct setlist is as well.

Steev 06-15-2012 08:29 PM

Dammit I wish they would have played "Dark Eternal Night" on the fall tour

MPF 06-16-2012 12:51 AM

I was hoping for a little more variety this time around, but I can dig this, Looking forward to the show on the 27th.

Maidenmagic 06-16-2012 05:30 AM

Pretty good set but This is the life and The spirit carries on brings it down.

velvetgrass 06-16-2012 09:47 AM

Glad to see they kept The Test That Stumped Them All and I hope they keep Metropolis Pt. 1 for when they play Chicago next Saturday as it is my favorite DT song.

Indestructible 06-16-2012 09:57 AM

Dream Theater is the best when it comes to musicianship and playing live etc. I have always loved their music, and I love it even more after seeing them last night. I didn't realize how good Mike Mangini was until last night.They were flawless. The new songs were great. The only new ones they didn't do that I would like to hear are Outcry and Beneath The Surface. I don't remember Wait For Sleep before Surrounded, I think it was just an extended keyboard solo. Can't wait to see them again tomorrow night.

velvetgrass 06-16-2012 10:03 AM

[QUOTE=Indestructible;471828]I don't remember Wait For Sleep before Surrounded, I think it was just an extended keyboard solo.[/QUOTE]

It has since been removed from setlist.fm after the original post here, so you're probably right.

PlaysWithKnives 06-16-2012 11:19 AM

It was a good show last night in Rochester. Got there about 8 and DT came on about 820 and played until just after 1030. There was an opener but we missed them. They sound very tight like always, and dont miss a beat with the new drummer. Mangini can play. The crowd was receptive to just about everything. Especially the old stuff like 6:00, Surrounded, and Metropolis. The new songs sound great live. The setlist is all correct except for no Wait for Sleep. It was just an extended intro to Surrounded. TSCO, although I like the song, did seem kind of a downer. They definitely could've picked something else. Metropolis was awesome to hear and a nice surprise. Next up is round 2 in Lewiston tomorrow night. Will be another good one. Maybe theyll mix it up a little bit.