WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Black Sabbath -- Castle Donington, England -- June 10th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20636)

Sanitarium78 06-11-2012 08:28 AM

Black Sabbath -- Castle Donington, England -- June 10th, 2012

This is the setlist from the download festival at Castle Donington last night. I got it from setlist.fm and none of the comments on there disputed the set, so i'm guessing it's right. Hopefully I have the right city location. When I looked up where Castle Donington was that's what came up. Maybe ravenheart can help me out if i'm wrong since i'm clueless about the geography over there.

Black Sabbath
The Wizard
Behind the Wall of Sleep
N.I.B.
Into the Void
Under the Sun
Snowblind
War Pigs
Sweet Leaf
Symptom of the Universe (instrumental)
Drum Solo
Iron Man
Fairies Wear Boots
Tomorrow's Dream
Dirty Women
Children of the Grave

Encore:
Paranoid (Sabbath Bloody Sabbath intro)

The same songs as what they played last month. The only difference is they moved the songs from the first album to the begining of the set. I'm not sure how good Black Sabbath is as an opener? It's a great song but doesn't exactly have that get you pumped up opening feel to it. It's nice to see that even though Tony is sick they're playing a decent length set.

Dextrimental 06-11-2012 08:36 AM

War Pigs is about as good an opener as you can get I think. Black Sabbath is good for opening the encore, or towards half way through the set, it'd be good for really pushing the atmosphere. Overall, very solid setlist, couple of changes based on personal preference, but it works!

ravenheart 06-11-2012 08:37 AM

[QUOTE=Sanitarium78;471046]When I looked up where Castle Donington was that's what came up. Maybe ravenheart can help me out if i'm wrong since i'm clueless about the geography over there.[/QUOTE]

Leicestershire is the right county, but that's like saying "Michigan" is the location of a show in Detroit.

Castle Donington is an actual place, so that's location. Venue is Donington Park.

cradle_of_maiden 06-11-2012 08:59 AM

I don't understand why they can't do the full version of Symptom of the Universe or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Also, I thought Ozzy had said somewhere that he wanted to do a Dio era song in honor of Dio?

snowdog2112 06-11-2012 09:02 AM

[QUOTE=cradle_of_maiden;471054]I don't understand why they can't do the full version of Symptom of the Universe or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Also, I thought Ozzy had said somewhere that he wanted to do a Dio era song in honor of Dio?[/QUOTE]

Should open up with Sympton Of The Universe great tune

JRA 06-11-2012 09:23 AM

They can't do Symptom anymore because Ozzy can't sing that high anymore.

Also, no more Wheels of Confusion. :lame:

TonyD 06-11-2012 09:33 AM

[QUOTE=JRA;471060]They can't do Symptom anymore because Ozzy can't sing that high anymore.

Also, no more Wheels of Confusion. :lame:[/QUOTE]

This

ravenheart 06-11-2012 09:34 AM

[QUOTE=JRA;471060]They can't do Symptom anymore because Ozzy can't sing that high anymore.[/QUOTE]

Same with SBS. There's no way on Earth Ozzy can sing that anymore.

ravenheart 06-11-2012 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=JRA;471060]Also, no more Wheels of Confusion. :lame:[/QUOTE]

Also, this.

They had less time at Download than in Birmingham, so something had to go. Wrong choice to cut though.

girnny777 06-11-2012 11:41 AM

[QUOTE=JRA;471060]Also, no more Wheels of Confusion. :lame:[/QUOTE]

Eat shit.