WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Graspop 05 -- Dessel, Belgium -- June 26th, 2005 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20492)

MetalIsArt 05-25-2012 10:59 AM

Graspop 05 -- Dessel, Belgium -- June 26th, 2005

Axel Rudi Pell:
[LIST=1][*]Tear down the walls[*]Strong as a rock[*]The masquerade ball[*]Casbah[*]Fool fool[*]Call her princess/greensleeves[/LIST]
Dio:
[LIST=1][*]Killing the dragon[*]Egypt (the chains are on)[*]Stand up & shout[*]Drum solo[*]Holy diver[*]Sunset superman[*]Man on the silver mountain (Rainbow)[*]Craig Goldy guitar solo[*]Long live rock & roll (Rainbow)[*]Gates of Babylon (Rainbow)[*]Heaven & hell (Black Sabbath)[/LIST]
Iron Maiden:

[LIST=1][*]Murders in the rue morgue[*]Another life[*]Prowler[*]The trooper[*]Remember tomorrow[*]Where eagles dare[*]Run to the hills[*]Revelations[*]Wrathchild[*]Die with your boots on[*]Phantom of the opera[*]The number of the beast[*]Hallowed be thy name[*]Iron Maiden[*]Running free[*]Drifter[*]Sanctuary[/LIST]Notes:

- My first full metal festival
- Spent most of the time discovering the festival and it's location.
- So glad that I saw Dio, who's music I was just starting to discover. Long Live RJD.
- Saw a very small piece of Yngwie Malmsteen but that was more than enough tbh
- Axel Rudi Pell was great fun, especially the keyboardist. Got 100% live proof that Mike Terrana is one of the best drummers too.
- I had to leave after number of the beast, so the rest of Maiden's set comes from setlistfm.

kalfitegrdan 05-25-2012 01:20 PM

That Maiden set! :drool:

IrritatedTrout 05-25-2012 01:58 PM

The Early Days set was nice, especially because of Eagles but closing with two of the worst songs of your entire career is not a good move.:hecho:

kalfitegrdan 05-25-2012 02:24 PM

[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;468062]The Early Days set was nice, especially because of Eagles but closing with two of the worst songs of your entire career is not a good move.:hecho:[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely switch out those last two for like Twilight Zone and Charlotte the Harlot or something like that

IrritatedTrout 05-25-2012 05:08 PM

Charlotte was played on the first two dates in Prague and Poland and then swapped for Wrathchild unfortunately.

MetalIsArt 05-26-2012 12:04 AM

And here's Dream Theater:
[LIST=1][*]The root of all evil[*]A fortune in lies[*]Under a glass moon[*]Panic attack[*]Endless sacrifice[*]Just let me breath[*]Lie[*]As I am[*]Pull me under/Metropolis pt 1[/LIST]

treghet 05-26-2012 01:45 AM

[QUOTE=IrritatedTrout;468062]The Early Days set was nice, especially because of Eagles but closing with two of the worst songs of your entire career is not a good move.:hecho:[/QUOTE]

I admit those are not standout tracks, but worst of their career? I think that's a bit excessive.

treghet 05-26-2012 01:46 AM

[QUOTE=MetalIsArt;468132]And here's Dream Theater:
[LIST=1][*]The root of all evil[*]A fortune in lies[*]Under a glass moon[*]Panic attack[*]Endless sacrifice[*]Just let me breath[*]Lie[*]As I am[*]Pull me under/Metropolis pt 1[/LIST][/QUOTE]

A Fortune in Lies! :drool:

MetalIsArt 05-26-2012 03:03 AM

[QUOTE=treghet;468159]A Fortune in Lies! :drool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah. DT was a bit heavier than on their records, and James is far from a bad singer. Not the best, but I've heard worse...

I'm just starting to get into them again.

IrritatedTrout 05-26-2012 12:16 PM

[QUOTE=treghet;468158]I admit those are not standout tracks, but worst of their career? I think that's a bit excessive.[/QUOTE]

Sanctuary is low on the list but you're right. However, I'd say Drifter is tied with Quest For Fire and Angel and the Gambler for worst ever Maiden song.