WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Vital Remains -- Toronto, Ontario -- May 19th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20450)

passty 05-19-2012 11:07 PM

Vital Remains -- Toronto, Ontario -- May 19th, 2012

Well all I can say right now is, Vital Remains finally made it into Canada!!!!! So many times I got screwed out of seeing them cause they had issues at the border, that was not the case tonight!!

So I got there and skipped to first 3 local opening bands. During that time I was outside hang out with friends and talking to John Kevill of Warbringer!!

Warbringer hit that stage and brought their A game. Third time seeing them now and they always put on a great live show, and have more energy on stage than most bands I've seen live.

Living Weapon
Severed Reality
Wake Up... Destroy
Demonic Ecstasy
Future Ages Gone
Total War
Living In A Whirlwind
(We Are) The Road Crew (Motörhead Cover)
Combat Shock

Next up was the reason I went to this show, Vital Remains!!!! As I said, everytime I tried to go see them, they could never get over the border. Well this time around they finally made it and all I can say is, holy fucking shit!! They were so goddamn heavy live. Haven't headbanged that hard in a while. During Dechristianize, the singer came right up to me, pointed the mic in my face and I yelled "DECHRISTIANIZE!!!" That made me quite happy cause thats definitely my favourite song by them.

Where Is Your God Now (Intro)
Icons Of Evil
Devoured Elysium
Savior To None... Failure For All
Hammer Down The Nails
Let The Killing Begin (Intro)
Dechristianize

Unfortunately I did stay for all of Destruction cause it was getting kinda late and I had a long way to get home. But from what I saw of them, they were really good and very energetic. But for me, Vital Remains stole the show. I'm sure the setlist for Destruction is the same they've been playing on this tour!!

MPF 05-19-2012 11:32 PM

Well Vital Remains, in the sense of how you saw them, had a 50% chance of stealing the show. since you only seen Warbringer before them. haha

But seriously, I'd love to see Vital Remains one day.

Rocco44 05-20-2012 01:40 AM

I think I might see them for free in a couple weeks. I can't believe I've never been to the Slidebar, they have sweet shows. It is a bit far unfortunately.

Spiner202 05-20-2012 08:01 AM

That show was awesome! Mainly because of Destruction. I was actually a little disappointed with Warbringer. They opened with "Living Weapon" which was much slower than on the album. Luckily "Severed Reality" seemed much faster than on the album. I did enjoy their set, but I think I hyped it up too much and they honestly didn't impress me as much as I had hoped they would.

I stayed for half of a song of Vital Remains but quickly realized it wasn't my thing. I went outside to the patio and just rested before the mighty DESTRUCTION!

I can't put into words how fantastic Destruction was. They are the only band I've seen that even rivals Slayer. When I heard the intro for "Total Desaster" I lost it. That's my favourite Destruction song and it was completely brutal. I can't even believe how many old songs they played. I had seen the sets before, but somehow I forgot they were going to play "Tormentor" and "Eternal Ban". Playing 3/5ths of Sentence of Death and 4/8ths of Infernal Overkill was amazing for me, because those are my favourite releases of theirs. Their setlist was the same as the one in Montreal:

The Butcher Strikes Back
Total Desaster
Satan's Vengeance
Mad Butcher
Armageddonizer
Eternal Ban
Life Without Sense
Hate Is my Fuel
Days of Confusion (intro)
Thrash Till Death
Antichrist
Tormentor