WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Nasum -- Chicago, IL -- May 18th, 2012 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20449)

kalfitegrdan 05-19-2012 05:10 PM

Nasum -- Chicago, IL -- May 18th, 2012

I left for the show like an hour and a half earlier than I usually would because of all the NATO shit, but ended up getting there even faster because instead of there being a huge traffic jam like everyone said there was gonna be, the roads were completely clear in downtown. I ended up getting to the venue a little over an hour early. My friend and I chilled in my car and drank a bunch of beer and when we were about to head to the venue we discovered that my passenger window wouldn't roll up, so after fucking with it for like twenty minutes we gave up and just went to the venue. I met up with JD a little before the first band and talked to him a bit before they started.

Sick/Tired was the first band and they're a grindcore band from my hometown of DeKalb. The guitarist, Gonzo, is in like every grindcore band in DeKalb (Gonzo Violence, Minimum Wage Assassins, Ex-Right to Remain among others). Their sound was way better than any other time I'd seen them because the only venue I've seen them in is about the size of the stage at Reggie's. :lol: I like them a lot, but I'm kinda biased in that regard. They only played for fifteen minutes instead of their allotted half hour which put the rest of the show ahead of schedule, though I think Brutal Truth played a little longer to even it up.

Eunuchs were next and they were a more punk/hardcore influence grind band. They all looked like total hipsters, but I liked them a lot. Their vocalist had a really weird stage presence and I loved it.

After Eunuchs were done, I went to check on my car and much to my relief nothing was stolen and my window rolled up just fine when I turned it on. :D I got back to venue right when the next band, Parasytic was finishing their first song. They were the replacement for Dropdead for this date at least. This band was like a really crusty hardcore influenced grind band and shit got pretty nuts for them. The pit was pretty active for pretty much their whole set. After Parasytic I went to go buy a Nasum shirt and the vocalist was standing by the merch booth and he complimented my Rotten Sound shirt which I thought was funny because, ya know, he's in that band. :lol:

Next was Brutal Truth and they came on after what seemed like forever. I thought the pits for Parasytic were intense...holy shit! The place just erupted for Brutal Truth. My personal favorite thing about their set was just watching the drummer's face while he drums. I've seen it in music videos and live videos. but it's just priceless live. They played some extra songs because the show was so ahead of schedule which was really awesome, I wasn't expecting anyone to address that and thought the show would just get out early. The vocalist was really funny with his crowd banter and had some killer stage presence. Also, Dan Lilker was cracking jokes pretty much the whole time. I found it funny that their set list was two pages long. :lol: Yeah, I don't have a set for them or anything. Sorry.

Nasum eventually came on and just killed it. Best band I've seen this year, at least of bands that I'd never seen in previous years. They just shredded through the set list and my head hurt from some intense headbanging about halfway through their set, but that didn't stop me from continuing. After they finished the crowd instantly started chanting their name and they came back out and the vocalist first informed us on the correct pronunciation of Nasum and then played The Idiot Parade. Anyway, don't know what else to say...Nasum was fucking awesome. Go see them if you can. This is what's on the set list that was on the stage, plus the added encore of The Idiot Parade

Mass Hypnosis
This Is
The Masked Face
Scoop
Bullshit
Relics
Shadows
Corrosion
Multinational Murderers Network
Parting Is Such a Sweet Sorrow
The Smallest Man
The Professional League
A Welcome Breeze of Stinking Air
I See Lies
No Sign of Improvement
Tested
Time to Act
The Black Swarm
Circle of Defeat
Closer to the End
(There's two songs here that I can't make out because I took a really shitty picture :tongue:)
Inhale/Exhale
--------------
The Idiot Parade

street_burial 05-19-2012 05:33 PM

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: review plz

christopher 05-19-2012 06:03 PM

Damn, they cut 9 songs from the last show :(

jd091 05-19-2012 09:50 PM

*parasytic is how you spell it, btw. Tons of crusties for 'em!

Awesome review, though! I agree with everything you said.

kalfitegrdan 05-19-2012 10:03 PM

[QUOTE=jd091;467039]*parasytic is how you spell it, btw. Tons of crusties for 'em!

Awesome review, though! I agree with everything you said.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Fixed.

Nice talkin' to ya again, by the way, since I didn't really see you after you hopped in that Brutal Truth pit.

VoidFlame 05-20-2012 06:33 AM

I'm seeing this tomorrow, I can't wait!! :rocker:

daimonos 05-20-2012 07:50 AM

They cut songs out, but the fact that they played The Idiot Parade this time is awesome! I'm guessing this is what their set at MDF will be like. Or at least I hope.

metallicbrian666 05-20-2012 06:25 PM

Awesome show, sucks the sound was so horrendous during Brutal Truth

Opening with Birth Of Ignorance was fucking awesome though